Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17 Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Question about hardware in general (Which has certainly been answered before) Last post on 5/22/11 at 8:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- iPhone 3GS SQ help Last post on 7/20/10 at 2:55pm in Portable Source Gear
- FiiO 7 arrived. Hmmm... What am I missing? Last post on 9/14/10 at 5:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio x3 vs Fiio x5 or other help please? Last post on Today at 9:50 am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 57
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have written ad copy freelance over the years - I wonder if I could direct some work my way by offering my services to the various Chinese electronics firms that are trying to make a dent in the US/EU marketplace.
The three paragraphs under the heading: "Looking For The Lost Sound" are some of the worst ad copy I have read. It makes no sense and does nothing to entice buyers to spend their hard earned dollars/euros...
It won't make a lot of difference to the folks here at Head-Fi, because we are already sold - for the most part. But the general public?
Going to have to brush off the resume.
I glanced through X3's English page at Fiio's web page. Some translations do not seem accurate. For example, X3's bass EQ and treble EQ are both hardware-based, correct? Fiio's official page reads "firmware bass" and "firmware treble". Not a big deal for me (I will buy an X3 however they call it), but it is better to be accurate in the official page.
Edited by zzffnn - 5/9/13 at 6:43pm
No offense, but I've noticed problems on pretty much every product page on FiiO's website for a long time now.
That said, there are a few errors this time around (as zzffnn pointed out) that seems to be more critical.
Edited by drm870 - 5/9/13 at 3:19pm
I'm going to buy an X3. Having said that Fiio's mangling of the English language doesn't inspire confidence. They would be wise to hire someone with a firm grasp of the language who can translate text clearly and accurately.
The translation of the X3 itself was done pretty well. Head-Fi'ers, myself included, proofread it.
Yeah. But a good translation doesn't not necessarily make good marketing text. For example, "It plays just about every lossless music. You might love its sound." Might? This is marketing. You don't suggest doubt. Might as well go with the cliche of "You will love its sound."
While some of the sentences are grammatically correct, as Ivabign pointed, out they are not very good.
And then there are still some errors:
"For now, digital audio formats which represented by MP3 have become the main stream."
With errors corrected,
"For now, digital audio formats, which are represented by MP3, have become mainstream."
Then a little tweaking just to improve the sentence stylistically:
"For now, digital audio formats such as MP3 have become mainstream."
- The Fiio X3 Thread.
- › Need help/recs for closed headphones $250 or thereabout for... 33 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 5 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 5 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/29/2014:... 6 minutes ago
- › MIcrophone ??? 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob