Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17 Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Question about hardware in general (Which has certainly been answered before) Last post on 5/22/11 at 8:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- iPhone 3GS SQ help Last post on 7/20/10 at 2:55pm in Portable Source Gear
- FiiO 7 arrived. Hmmm... What am I missing? Last post on 9/14/10 at 5:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio x3 vs Fiio x5 or other help please? Last post on 4/15/14 at 9:50am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 57
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have written ad copy freelance over the years - I wonder if I could direct some work my way by offering my services to the various Chinese electronics firms that are trying to make a dent in the US/EU marketplace.
The three paragraphs under the heading: "Looking For The Lost Sound" are some of the worst ad copy I have read. It makes no sense and does nothing to entice buyers to spend their hard earned dollars/euros...
It won't make a lot of difference to the folks here at Head-Fi, because we are already sold - for the most part. But the general public?
Going to have to brush off the resume.
I glanced through X3's English page at Fiio's web page. Some translations do not seem accurate. For example, X3's bass EQ and treble EQ are both hardware-based, correct? Fiio's official page reads "firmware bass" and "firmware treble". Not a big deal for me (I will buy an X3 however they call it), but it is better to be accurate in the official page.
Edited by zzffnn - 5/9/13 at 6:43pm
No offense, but I've noticed problems on pretty much every product page on FiiO's website for a long time now.
That said, there are a few errors this time around (as zzffnn pointed out) that seems to be more critical.
Edited by drm870 - 5/9/13 at 3:19pm
I'm going to buy an X3. Having said that Fiio's mangling of the English language doesn't inspire confidence. They would be wise to hire someone with a firm grasp of the language who can translate text clearly and accurately.
The translation of the X3 itself was done pretty well. Head-Fi'ers, myself included, proofread it.
Yeah. But a good translation doesn't not necessarily make good marketing text. For example, "It plays just about every lossless music. You might love its sound." Might? This is marketing. You don't suggest doubt. Might as well go with the cliche of "You will love its sound."
While some of the sentences are grammatically correct, as Ivabign pointed, out they are not very good.
And then there are still some errors:
"For now, digital audio formats which represented by MP3 have become the main stream."
With errors corrected,
"For now, digital audio formats, which are represented by MP3, have become mainstream."
Then a little tweaking just to improve the sentence stylistically:
"For now, digital audio formats such as MP3 have become mainstream."
- The Fiio X3 Thread.
- › Best Headphones (NOT EARBUDS) For Biking With a Helmet 4 seconds ago
- › Fidelify - Spotify with ASIO and WASAPI support!!! 24 seconds ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for High Resolution Audio - Trance Music / EDM 5 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing the right pair of headphones 7 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude