Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17 Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Question about hardware in general (Which has certainly been answered before) Last post on 5/22/11 at 8:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- iPhone 3GS SQ help Last post on 7/20/10 at 2:55pm in Portable Source Gear
- FiiO 7 arrived. Hmmm... What am I missing? Last post on 9/14/10 at 5:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO X3 / X5 with the Mad Dogs. Last post on 3/3/14 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 57
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have written ad copy freelance over the years - I wonder if I could direct some work my way by offering my services to the various Chinese electronics firms that are trying to make a dent in the US/EU marketplace.
The three paragraphs under the heading: "Looking For The Lost Sound" are some of the worst ad copy I have read. It makes no sense and does nothing to entice buyers to spend their hard earned dollars/euros...
It won't make a lot of difference to the folks here at Head-Fi, because we are already sold - for the most part. But the general public?
Going to have to brush off the resume.
I glanced through X3's English page at Fiio's web page. Some translations do not seem accurate. For example, X3's bass EQ and treble EQ are both hardware-based, correct? Fiio's official page reads "firmware bass" and "firmware treble". Not a big deal for me (I will buy an X3 however they call it), but it is better to be accurate in the official page.
Edited by zzffnn - 5/9/13 at 6:43pm
No offense, but I've noticed problems on pretty much every product page on FiiO's website for a long time now.
That said, there are a few errors this time around (as zzffnn pointed out) that seems to be more critical.
Edited by drm870 - 5/9/13 at 3:19pm
I'm going to buy an X3. Having said that Fiio's mangling of the English language doesn't inspire confidence. They would be wise to hire someone with a firm grasp of the language who can translate text clearly and accurately.
The translation of the X3 itself was done pretty well. Head-Fi'ers, myself included, proofread it.
Yeah. But a good translation doesn't not necessarily make good marketing text. For example, "It plays just about every lossless music. You might love its sound." Might? This is marketing. You don't suggest doubt. Might as well go with the cliche of "You will love its sound."
While some of the sentences are grammatically correct, as Ivabign pointed, out they are not very good.
And then there are still some errors:
"For now, digital audio formats which represented by MP3 have become the main stream."
With errors corrected,
"For now, digital audio formats, which are represented by MP3, have become mainstream."
Then a little tweaking just to improve the sentence stylistically:
"For now, digital audio formats such as MP3 have become mainstream."
- The Fiio X3 Thread.
- › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD 18 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 28 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 32 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 39 seconds ago
- › Looking for a mid - high end desktop amp that will play nicely with... 1 minute ago
- › Choices, choices... 1 minute ago
- › Review: Resonessence Labs Invicta - new high end DAC/amp/playback... 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 5 minutes ago
- › ColorFly C4 - Lots of Questions and Issues on Not Working!!! 11 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 11 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude