Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17 Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Question about hardware in general (Which has certainly been answered before) Last post on 5/22/11 at 8:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- iPhone 3GS SQ help Last post on 7/20/10 at 2:55pm in Portable Source Gear
- FiiO 7 arrived. Hmmm... What am I missing? Last post on 9/14/10 at 5:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- fiio x3 versus ipod classic Last post on Yesterday at 1:19 am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
This is the veteran ex-flagship model from FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) was released recently. The C435 is a 4 way crossover configuration, 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 57
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have written ad copy freelance over the years - I wonder if I could direct some work my way by offering my services to the various Chinese electronics firms that are trying to make a dent in the US/EU marketplace.
The three paragraphs under the heading: "Looking For The Lost Sound" are some of the worst ad copy I have read. It makes no sense and does nothing to entice buyers to spend their hard earned dollars/euros...
It won't make a lot of difference to the folks here at Head-Fi, because we are already sold - for the most part. But the general public?
Going to have to brush off the resume.
I glanced through X3's English page at Fiio's web page. Some translations do not seem accurate. For example, X3's bass EQ and treble EQ are both hardware-based, correct? Fiio's official page reads "firmware bass" and "firmware treble". Not a big deal for me (I will buy an X3 however they call it), but it is better to be accurate in the official page.
Edited by zzffnn - 5/9/13 at 6:43pm
No offense, but I've noticed problems on pretty much every product page on FiiO's website for a long time now.
That said, there are a few errors this time around (as zzffnn pointed out) that seems to be more critical.
Edited by drm870 - 5/9/13 at 3:19pm
I'm going to buy an X3. Having said that Fiio's mangling of the English language doesn't inspire confidence. They would be wise to hire someone with a firm grasp of the language who can translate text clearly and accurately.
The translation of the X3 itself was done pretty well. Head-Fi'ers, myself included, proofread it.
Yeah. But a good translation doesn't not necessarily make good marketing text. For example, "It plays just about every lossless music. You might love its sound." Might? This is marketing. You don't suggest doubt. Might as well go with the cliche of "You will love its sound."
While some of the sentences are grammatically correct, as Ivabign pointed, out they are not very good.
And then there are still some errors:
"For now, digital audio formats which represented by MP3 have become the main stream."
With errors corrected,
"For now, digital audio formats, which are represented by MP3, have become mainstream."
Then a little tweaking just to improve the sentence stylistically:
"For now, digital audio formats such as MP3 have become mainstream."
- The Fiio X3 Thread.
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 39 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 43 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 1 minute ago
- › Open HPs for metal 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › What headphones would be an upgrade? (Already have HD280, HD25-1,... 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi