Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 544

post #8146 of 9272

X Player and The X-Men Phone Rack :dt880smile:

 

 

P.S. Now I have 3 x 64 GB Card for Jazz, Vocal and classical each. Just swap card, never do the library update. Every thing work flawlessly, cover album show correctly. Line out is good, just use a cheap cable 5$ connect to Harman Kardon 990 -> Martin Logan Vista Speakers.

 

For 200$, hat off to all people at FiiO for this excellent job. I'm already book X5 from dealer in order to be sure that I will get for first lot.

post #8147 of 9272
What are owners / peoples thoughts for a good match $150 ish IEM for the x3?
I got some brainwaves r3 pretty much free from mp4nation, but I really don't like them, especially as the memory wire stuff goes Over the ear.....I just can' get them to fit well, even with comply's, so a bit hesitant about the vsonic gr07 I have seen mentioned.

I know nothing about IEM's, having been ardently anti.....but now....why not?

I listen to a wide range of genres, So a good all-rounder?
So you know - there are no shops where I can try out or even look for at least 2500km so I am stuck with what I buy....

Far out. I am so pleased with this machine. I really had my doubts.

T.
post #8148 of 9272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togril View Post

What are owners / peoples thoughts for a good match $150 ish IEM for the x3?
I got some brainwaves r3 pretty much free from mp4nation, but I really don't like them, especially as the memory wire stuff goes Over the ear.....I just can' get them to fit well, even with comply's, so a bit hesitant about the vsonic gr07 I have seen mentioned.

I know nothing about IEM's, having been ardently anti.....but now....why not?

I listen to a wide range of genres, So a good all-rounder?
So you know - there are no shops where I can try out or even look for at least 2500km so I am stuck with what I buy....

Far out. I am so pleased with this machine. I really had my doubts.

T.

 

Whats your preferred sound sig?

post #8149 of 9272

Hi Everyone!

 

I am about to purchase the X3 and was wondering whether my AKG374 will be OK, or would I need something better?

post #8150 of 9272
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgobuda View Post
 

Hi Everyone!

 

I am about to purchase the X3 and was wondering whether my AKG374 will be OK, or would I need something better?

 

Not heard those before but I'm sure they will sound good with the X3. Almost everything does.

post #8151 of 9272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


Yes, ogg vorbis decoding too redface.gif Yes, it is also high priority smily_headphones1.gif

OK, awesome.

 

I've been using OGG for all of my personal media player long-term storage for years.  When I first listen to new things, I use FLAC if possible in order to get the best experience and give it some critical listening.  But in order to be able to have more albums to be played on the player, I've been using OGG to store my "favorite" old albums for years.  I decided on OGG as my preferred lossy format way back because after an extensive comparison, I thought it sounded better than MP3, WMA, and M4A.  So almost all of the music on my SD cards is OGG.

post #8152 of 9272
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelglam View Post

OK, awesome.

I've been using OGG for all of my personal media player long-term storage for years.  When I first listen to new things, I use FLAC if possible in order to get the best experience and give it some critical listening.  But in order to be able to have more albums to be played on the player, I've been using OGG to store my "favorite" old albums for years.  I decided on OGG as my preferred lossy format way back because after an extensive comparison, I thought it sounded better than MP3, WMA, and M4A.  So almost all of the music on my SD cards is OGG.

Everyone sticks to different formats because they believe it's best. In the end it all comes down to what sounds best to your ears.

Like me, I've converted most of my FLAC albums to M4A because I think that it sounds much better than MP3 or WMA.
post #8153 of 9272

Has anyone tried the re-400 with X3? I've ordered a re-400 and I'm dying to know what it would sound like....can someone tell me what to expect?

post #8154 of 9272
Quote:
Originally Posted by droilfade View Post
 

Has anyone tried the re-400 with X3? I've ordered a re-400 and I'm dying to know what it would sound like....can someone tell me what to expect?

 

I have this combo and love it.

 

The slight warmth of the X3 pairs up very well with the neutral nature of the RE-400. I find the sound is very enjoyable with excellent clarity. The bass is there but only when the track calls for it, and its tight and punchy. The only genre is not 100% suited to this pairing is maybe hip-hop but I hardly listen to it so it doesn't matter for me.

 

Hope this helps.

post #8155 of 9272
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmitryBodriy View Post
 

Hi! My question about feature "Memory play > position"

Looks like dap can save only one - first position after dap first time turned off.

After second and more poweroff (no matter how much you next listened to this track) dap will play each time from the first time of save.

This is terrible because in my library 90% of musiс includes mixes, podcast and radioshow with time more than 1 hour.

Simple test: take track more than 1 hour.

Listen to the 20 minute and then turn off dap.

Turn on - music starts playing from 20 minute, ok. Next listen to 40 minute, turn off dap.

Turn on again - screen show that music plays from 40 minute, but in fact music plays from 20 minute.
Now no matter how much you more listen to this track, with each new turn on dap start playing from 20 minute.
Looks like mistiming that really plays with the fact that shows on the screen.

Bug in 2.05 & 1.31 fimware with many mp3`s.

 

Hi,

 

Ive had my X3 for a week and I'm really pleased with it.

 

But I have one problem and if I can refer to a post someone made back in November of last year. I don't think this was answered by anyone (apologies if it was).

 

Is this a known problem? (or is it considered a problem/bug?)

 

I'm similar to the poster in that I listen to a lot of mixes and I would like to always be able to resume from where I left it. But it always restarts from the point it stopped the first time the track was played.

 

Thanks in advance

 

Mark.  

post #8156 of 9272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinclad View Post
 

 

Hi,

 

Ive had my X3 for a week and I'm really pleased with it.

 

But I have one problem and if I can refer to a post someone made back in November of last year. I don't think this was answered by anyone (apologies if it was).

 

Is this a known problem? (or is it considered a problem/bug?)

 

I'm similar to the poster in that I listen to a lot of mixes and I would like to always be able to resume from where I left it. But it always restarts from the point it stopped the first time the track was played.

 

Thanks in advance

 

Mark.  

 

There is an option in in Player Settings.

 

Set it to Position. :)

 

Also remember to pause the playback before turning the unit off, if you dont do that and turn it off while the track is playing it will start the main screen again when you turn the player back on. This is def a bug.

post #8157 of 9272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post


Everyone sticks to different formats because they believe it's best. In the end it all comes down to what sounds best to your ears.

Like me, I've converted most of my FLAC albums to M4A because I think that it sounds much better than MP3 or WMA.


I agree.  FWIW, I thought OGG and M4A were close, with a slight edge to OGG based on what I prefer.  Both were much better than MP3 and WMA, in my opinion.  (I also think WMA has a slight edge over MP3, due to fewer perceived artifacts.)

post #8158 of 9272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 

 

There is an option in in Player Settings.

 

Set it to Position. :)

 

Also remember to pause the playback before turning the unit off, if you dont do that and turn it off while the track is playing it will start the main screen again when you turn the player back on. This is def a bug.


Yep I have the Position option set.

 

But I don't know if its the 'Position' option not working correctly or when I wind a few mins through a track and turn the x3 on and off again...but...the timing on the screen is defiantly not in sync with the music. The song in question is a mp3 I downloaded from Soundcloud, so I can do a compare on time and position between the two and the x3 defiantly falls behind. 

 

In fact I listened to the soundcloud version today and got to point I know I haven't listened to on the X3 and its at about 35mins on soundcloud and yet I have seen 40 - 50 mins on the X3 but its playing music from the first 20 mins?

 

Is it just a buggy mp3 file? (if there is such a thing)?

 

Cheers,

 

Mark.

 

in fact just checked and the total time for the mix on on the x3 and its 119'38 and the total time for the mix on SC is 159'39? Is the length of the track screwing things up perhaps?


Edited by Kinclad - 1/23/14 at 9:04am
post #8159 of 9272
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelglam View Post
 


I agree.  FWIW, I thought OGG and M4A were close, with a slight edge to OGG based on what I prefer.  Both were much better than MP3 and WMA, in my opinion.  (I also think WMA has a slight edge over MP3, due to fewer perceived artifacts.)

 

Yeah thats fair enough.

 

I really cant see myself going back to MP3 now for my portable player.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinclad View Post
 


Yep I have the Position option set.

 

But I don't know if its the 'Position' option not working correctly or when I wind a few mins through a track and turn the x3 on and off again...but...the timing on the screen is defiantly not in sync with the music. The song in question is a mp3 I downloaded from Soundcloud, so I can do a compare on time and position between the two and the x3 defiantly falls behind. 

 

In fact I listened to the soundcloud version today and got to point I know I haven't listened to on the X3 and its at about 35mins on soundcloud and yet I have seen 40 - 50 mins on the X3 but its playing music from the first 20 mins?

 

Is it just a buggy mp3 file? (if there is such a thing)?

 

Cheers,

 

Mark.

 

in fact just checked and the total time for the mix on on the x3 and its 119'38 and the total time for the mix on SC is 159'39? Is the length of the track screwing things up perhaps?

 

Hmm thats strange, not really notcied anything like that happening here. It could be a corrupt MP3 file, or it could be an issue with the X3s decoder. Who knows..

post #8160 of 9272

Please remember FiiO that there are A LOT of people who really wish to have a more advanced eq on the x3! If the 10 band equalizer from the x5 would be transfered to the x3, this machine would be freaking great! To me that is the only thing that is missed in this device. So yeah, don't forget that FiiO:) You would please so many souls if you did this!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.