Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 542

post #8116 of 12932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

I was, yes.

And then I ordered it.biggrin.gif  

Ha, I knew it lol

Did you order from MP4Nation?

 

I did indeed. Got a $5 discount for redeeming my points, lol.

post #8117 of 12932
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post
 

 

I did indeed. Got a $5 discount for redeeming my points, lol.

 

Lucky you mate, you wont regret it.

 

I'm falling in love with the X3 more and more every time I listen.

post #8118 of 12932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 

 

Lucky you mate, you wont regret it.

 

I'm falling in love with the X3 more and more every time I listen.

ME TOO ...... listening to it right now :beerchug:

post #8119 of 12932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmet View Post
 

ME TOO ...... listening to it right now :beerchug:

 

Yeah, I have listened to my new Trance mix encoded 96/24 about 3 times now.

 

Even that its being aired tonight on Trance.fm and I will be listening to it again lol

post #8120 of 12932

Does the X3 have support for shortcuts so you can have specialized music categories without having to copy all your music over to your device a second time

post #8121 of 12932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 

 

Lucky you mate, you wont regret it.

 

I'm falling in love with the X3 more and more every time I listen.


+1

 

The sound of the X3 really grows on you, I remember that I thought in the beginning that it's an upgrade to my rockboxed Fuze(s) and Clip+ but wasn't initially really floored by it, not sure if it's X3 or brain burn-in but the more I used it I realized that it's really a good cut above the mentioned players and they certainly aren't bad themselves.

post #8122 of 12932
Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post
 


so when using it with the car stereo is it better to use line out or headphone socket

 

also what is best way to connect to a fiio e11 is it connecting the x3 from it line out to fiio e11 line in

 

or

 

from the x3 heaphone socket to the fiio line in

I use the E11 with my X3.  I prefer the line out so that the sound isn't double bumped with bass+.

 

To be honest, it DOES sound better to my ears.  However it also gets much louder.  Anything more than 3 on the E11 dial is just too loud for me.  Perhaps with higher impedance phones it would be even better?

 

This was tested with the Shure SE425, 535 Red and Audio Technica ATH-AD900X, ES88, ESW9, M50.  If you can't tell I much prefer mid-centric phones.

post #8123 of 12932
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblader View Post
 


+1

 

The sound of the X3 really grows on you, I remember that I thought in the beginning that it's an upgrade to my rockboxed Fuze(s) and Clip+ but wasn't initially really floored by it, not sure if it's X3 or brain burn-in but the more I used it I realized that it's really a good cut above the mentioned players and they certainly aren't bad themselves.

 

Yeah it definitely doing that in spades, truly an excellent player for the money! More people need to discover it.

 

Btw I also noticed that one charge seems to last me a whole week! Don't know if its the 2.1 FW thats improved things or maybe my sense of time is going wobbly due to work but I like this new awesome feature.

post #8124 of 12932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmet View Post

is there a way in the future update to  1- ability to change the freq of bass and treble hard ware eq ?

2- saving the eq presets ? 

3-making play lists ?

4-when we will see the future update and what new will be in it ? normal_smile%20.gif

1&2 Hardware EQ is fixed in hardware smile.gif although I don't know if there are any plans to port the X5's ten band EQ to the X3.
3&4. The update seems to be pushed back to March redface.gif Planned possible changes include mp3 decoding optimization and improvements to the media library database system. Now that the initial work of porting our system to the X5 has been completed, there should be little more delay and the promised concurrent upgrades to the X3 and X5 should start happening. Unfortunately Chinese New Year holidays are approaching so we will have to wait a little bit longer redface.gif
post #8125 of 12932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

1&2 Hardware EQ is fixed in hardware smile.gif although I don't know if there are any plans to port the X5's ten band EQ to the X3.
3&4. The update seems to be pushed back to March redface.gif Planned possible changes include mp3 decoding optimization and improvements to the media library database system. Now that the initial work of porting our system to the X5 has been completed, there should be little more delay and the promised concurrent upgrades to the X3 and X5 should start happening. Unfortunately Chinese New Year holidays are approaching so we will have to wait a little bit longer redface.gif
Hopefully they do port the 10 band EQ over to X3!! Will definitely be a killer player! Or probably if able to change the bass EQ to 80Hz will be good too. smily_headphones1.gif
post #8126 of 12932
Trying to play x3 as dac with my Sony vaio win 8 laptop and failing. Any pointers?
Thanks in advance
Regards
Somnath goswami
post #8127 of 12932
Quote:
Originally Posted by somnathheadfi View Post

Trying to play x3 as dac with my Sony vaio win 8 laptop and failing. Any pointers?
Thanks in advance
Regards
Somnath goswami

 

Kinda hard without you telling us what errors you're getting if any...

 

I'll take a stab at it though... did you download the FiiO DAC USB driver?

post #8128 of 12932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


The update seems to be pushed back to March redface.gif  Unfortunately Chinese New Year holidays are approaching so we will have to wait a little bit longer redface.gif

post #8129 of 12932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


Unfortunately Chinese New Year holidays are approaching so we will have to wait a little bit longer redface.gif

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorblader View Post
 

 


Edited by Lifted Andreas - 1/22/14 at 9:50am
post #8130 of 12932
umm
Edited by Joe Bloggs - 1/22/14 at 10:23am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.