Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 541

post #8101 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simcon View Post


Found a "fioo" Tuff-Luv case on Ebay tongue.gif, hopefully I get it for roughly £11 (that is including shipping), otherwise I'll have to outright buy it which would set me back roughly £14 or £15, such astounding costs tongue.gif.

 

Ah nice!

 

Now I see that they aren't having the £9.74 auctions anymore, it seems to have gone up to £12.99. :o

 

It must be popular lol

 

Oh and I mentioned the name error when sales contacted me, they said they will take it into account. Whatever that means...

post #8102 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
EDIT: Are you considering a purchase of the X3 variety? It should go well with your DUNUs :D 

 

I was, yes.

 

And then I ordered it.:D 

post #8103 of 13375

Anyone else's line out seem loud?  Is this intended to be run into another external amp?

 

I was listening to my X3 in my car through the line out and the sound felt clipped, as in really really loud.

 

Is this just cause it's supposed to get run into another external amp?  The source files aren't clipped.

post #8104 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogger129 View Post
 

Anyone else's line out seem loud?  Is this intended to be run into another external amp?

 

I was listening to my X3 in my car through the line out and the sound felt clipped, as in really really loud.

 

Is this just cause it's supposed to get run into another external amp?  The source files aren't clipped.

 

I understand from other posts that the X3 has a 2Vpk-pk level line out signal which is better suited to proper audio gear and that sometimes the inputs on some car steros are more expecting the headphone outputs of things like iPods. So you may want to trying plugging your X3 into the car using the headphone out socket. May I ask what car you're trying it on?

post #8105 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by locksbury View Post
 

 

I understand from other posts that the X3 has a 2Vpk-pk level line out signal which is better suited to proper audio gear and that sometimes the inputs on some car steros are more expecting the headphone outputs of things like iPods. So you may want to trying plugging your X3 into the car using the headphone out socket. May I ask what car you're trying it on?

 

This is an '08 Volkswagen Jetta.  I did try the headphone out and that sounded better.  

post #8106 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogger129 View Post
 

 

This is an '08 Volkswagen Jetta.  I did try the headphone out and that sounded better.  


09 Vibe here and I have no problem with the Line Out into the stock head unit.

post #8107 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogger129 View Post

 

I was listening to my X3 in my car through the line out and the sound felt clipped, as in really really loud.

You could make an attenuating cable, say -20dB as 300mV is fairly common sensitivity, and see how that goes.

post #8108 of 13375

i have a question why is it when I listen to music using the line out, the bass and treble dont work any anymore, and only work when I listen using the headphone socket not line out socket.

 

which is supposed to give better sound using the line out or the headphone soocket

post #8109 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post
 

i have a question why is it when I listen to music using the line out, the bass and treble dont work any anymore, and only work when I listen using the headphone socket not line out socket.

 

which is supposed to give better sound using the line out or the headphone soocket

headphone out is used to directly connect the device to your headphones, while line out bypasses the internal amplifier, so that you can use an external amplifier.

 

this means you can't change the volume levels or other settings.

 

what sounds better, this depends on what you use it for.

post #8110 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post
 

headphone out is used to directly connect the device to your headphones, while line out bypasses the internal amplifier, so that you can use an external amplifier.

 

this means you can't change the volume levels or other settings.

 

what sounds better, this depends on what you use it for.


so when using it with the car stereo is it better to use line out or headphone socket

 

also what is best way to connect to a fiio e11 is it connecting the x3 from it line out to fiio e11 line in

 

or

 

from the x3 heaphone socket to the fiio line in


Edited by hykhleif - 1/22/14 at 12:30am
post #8111 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post
 


so when using it with the car stereo is it better to use line out or headphone socket


it depends on your car stereo.

 

most "line in" on car stereos seem to be not actually made for line out devices, but more for headphone out devices.

 

try them both, see what you prefer.

post #8112 of 13375

Changing tack a bit, I understand that there is still no playlist support in the latest firmware. I did try to read the pdf of the manual and watch example videos of how to drive an X3, but just wanted to check a few things.

 

So, am I correct to assume that:

 

a) To get a selection of music tracks playing (whether random or ordered), I have to manually arrange everything into folders?

b) Does the inbuilt "Favourites" system essentially behave as a playlist?

c) If for example I have a folder for one artist and then have the different albums in sub-folders; if go back to the artists folder, will the X3 play just the files in the artists folder or will it propagate into the sub folders as well?

post #8113 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by locksbury View Post

Changing tack a bit, I understand that there is still no playlist support in the latest firmware. I did try to read the pdf of the manual and watch example videos of how to drive an X3, but just wanted to check a few things.

So, am I correct to assume that:

a) To get a selection of music tracks playing (whether random or ordered), I have to manually arrange everything into folders?
b) Does the inbuilt "Favourites" system essentially behave as a playlist?
c) If for example I have a folder for one artist and then have the different albums in sub-folders; if go back to the artists folder, will the X3 play just the files in the artists folder or will it propagate into the sub folders as well?

a) The X3 browsing and playing through an album, all songs by an artist or all songs under the same genre name, based on ID3 tags. So no need to manually build a folder if your criteria fall into one of the above.
b) yes
c) If you want to play all songs by one artist you can use the function mentioned in (a). It works better in shuffle mode as right now it does not distinguish between albums when playing through an artist's songs redface.gif
post #8114 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


a) The X3 browsing and playing through an album, all songs by an artist or all songs under the same genre name, based on ID3 tags. So no need to manually build a folder if your criteria fall into one of the above.
b) yes
c) If you want to play all songs by one artist you can use the function mentioned in (a). It works better in shuffle mode as right now it does not distinguish between albums when playing through an artist's songs redface.gif

is there a way in the future update to  1- ability to change the freq of bass and treble hard ware eq ?
2- saving the eq presets ? 
3-making play lists ?
4-when we will see the future update and what new will be in it ? :normal_smile :

post #8115 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

I was, yes.

And then I ordered it.biggrin.gif  

Ha, I knew it lol

Did you order from MP4Nation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post


so when using it with the car stereo is it better to use line out or headphone socket

also what is best way to connect to a fiio e11 is it connecting the x3 from it line out to fiio e11 line in

or

from the x3 heaphone socket to the fiio line in

Why you doing that?

I doubt the E11 will have any sort of positive effect on the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmet View Post

is there a way in the future update to  1- ability to change the freq of bass and treble hard ware eq ?

2- saving the eq presets ? 

3-making play lists ?

4-when we will see the future update and what new will be in it ? normal_smile%20.gif

Possibly, with future FW updates.

You might wanna post that in the bug/suggestions thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.