Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 537

post #8041 of 13334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmet View Post

and not enough bass:confused_face_2:  say you are kidding bigsmile_face.gif  !!! ..... i didn't hear it before but it is triple drivers and the bass driver is dynamic one !! checked the fit ? may be you are used to really heavy bass headphones ?

I think there's clearly a malfunction in the user's brain lol
post #8042 of 13334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post


I think there's clearly a malfunction in the user's brain lol

LOOOOL :bigsmile_face:

post #8043 of 13334
Lol. I love bass! Haha. I came from Hippo VB.. Previously using ASG2 with Cowon J3 and with BBE on +bass level 10 and that's the impact I'm looking for! smily_headphones1.gif But I left the ports on ASG2 near closed because of its mid bass. X3 definitely sounds great but the bass settings focuses too much on 100Hz. 80Hz would be slightly better haha. And yup I'm having a complete seal with Ortofon tips. smily_headphones1.gif
post #8044 of 13334
Wow' my GR07'S sound fantastic on the X 3. I was never a real fan of the GR's. They sat on my shelf for a long time. They have opened and that blanket over the speaker thing that was there to a small extent is all but gone.
post #8045 of 13334
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblader View Post

Yup! biggrin.gif



Pictures of the Fiio x3 in it smily_headphones1.gif?
post #8046 of 13334
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post

Lol. I love bass! Haha. I came from Hippo VB.. Previously using ASG2 with Cowon J3 and with BBE on +bass level 10 and that's the impact I'm looking for! smily_headphones1.gif But I left the ports on ASG2 near closed because of its mid bass. X3 definitely sounds great but the bass settings focuses too much on 100Hz. 80Hz would be slightly better haha. And yup I'm having a complete seal with Ortofon tips. smily_headphones1.gif

I totally agree with you ....bass boosting would be nicer if it is in 70-80 hz range ....but for me i actually using x3 with -2 bass setting ...i don't see its bass alone is usefull like the bass boosting of a separate amp ....but there are some songs i use bass +10 & treble +10 ......SOUND FANTASTIC :gs1000smile:

post #8047 of 13334

not to hate here but I am not really feeling the sound signature. 

when I listen to a song straight from my iMac it sounds clearer(not more detailed) but overall more transparent and forthright. When I listen to the same song back on the x3 it sounds more dim,restrained, and less spacious... with more bass. I dont mind the bass part but I am really missing the strong and spacious sound I get from my iMac which I never thought of as sounding spacious until I compare it to the x3.

 

It is def not a good pairing with these headphones here. also maybe fiio isnt for me. I had the same issue with the fiio e11 though this sounds way better than that.


Edited by grizzlybeast - 1/18/14 at 12:06pm
post #8048 of 13334
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

not to hate here but I am not really feeling the sound signature. 
when I listen to a song straight from my iMac it sounds clearer(not more detailed) but overall more transparent and forthright. When I listen to the same song back on the x3 it sounds more dim,restrained, and less spacious... with more bass. I dont mind the bass part but I am really missing the strong and spacious sound I get from my iMac which I never thought of as sounding spacious until I compare it to the x3.

It is def not a good pairing with these headphones here. also maybe fiio isnt for me. I had the same issue with the fiio e11 though this sounds way better than that.
It seems like the DX50 may be more in your likings. I have both, and all though the X3 sounds good to me the DX50 his more of the analytical sound sign that I find more appealing. The X5 is to be more neutral sounding, you may like that.
post #8049 of 13334

I think you are right! but what about features and being able to use it as a DAC for other devices etc. the x3 nailed that department

post #8050 of 13334
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

not to hate here but I am not really feeling the sound signature. 

when I listen to a song straight from my iMac it sounds clearer(not more detailed) but overall more transparent and forthright. When I listen to the same song back on the x3 it sounds more dim,restrained, and less spacious... with more bass. I dont mind the bass part but I am really missing the strong and spacious sound I get from my iMac which I never thought of as sounding spacious until I compare it to the x3.

 

It is def not a good pairing with these headphones here. also maybe fiio isnt for me. I had the same issue with the fiio e11 though this sounds way better than that.

+1 for disliking the fiio e11 .....i didn't like it either .... try bass -2 or -4 for your x3 ....it worked for me to clear the sound more.... i can see your point but honestly i love my x3 :happy_face1:

post #8051 of 13334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simcon View Post


Pictures of the Fiio x3 in it smily_headphones1.gif?


Coop who received his case before me and Lifted Andreas already posted a number of pictures with and without the X3 in it here:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/the-fiio-x3-thread/7890#post_10165305


Edited by razorblader - 1/18/14 at 12:46pm
post #8052 of 13334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmet View Post
 

+1 for disliking the fiio e11 .....i didn't like it either .... try bass -2 or -4 for your x3 ....it worked for me to clear the sound more.... i can see your point but honestly i love my x3 :happy_face1:

it made a great match for the akg k545! because the polarizing signatures balanced eachother out. I tried that but I love my bass. It still didn't do the trick though it got closer I did -1 bass and +3 treble.

post #8053 of 13334
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

I think you are right! but what about features and being able to use it as a DAC for other devices etc. the x3 nailed that department
The x5 can do that and much more, I get to sample this in February which can't come soon enough.
post #8054 of 13334
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

not to hate here but I am not really feeling the sound signature. 

when I listen to a song straight from my iMac it sounds clearer(not more detailed) but overall more transparent and forthright. When I listen to the same song back on the x3 it sounds more dim,restrained, and less spacious... with more bass. I dont mind the bass part but I am really missing the strong and spacious sound I get from my iMac which I never thought of as sounding spacious until I compare it to the x3.

 

It is def not a good pairing with these headphones here. also maybe fiio isnt for me. I had the same issue with the fiio e11 though this sounds way better than that.

All of that is fine and dandy and most probably accurate, but try putting your iMac in your pocket and walking around town with it. Despite it's ancillary abilities one needs to keep in mind the primary intended function of a device like the X3 and keep it in it's proper perspective.


Edited by good sound - 1/18/14 at 1:03pm
post #8055 of 13334
Quote:
Originally Posted by good sound View Post

All of that is fine and dandy and most probably accurate, but try putting your iMac in your pocket and walking around town with it. Despite it's ancillary abilities one needs to keep in mind the primary intended function of a device like the X3 and keep it in it's proper perspective.
Lol duh ....but I don't have to like it and never had such gripes about my cheap Sansa clip It matched well with my akg k545 because they are opposites of each other and maintained balance. So it's not for me and for sale. : ). But all the hp's I have had despite sig sound more like able and transparent through the iMac. When looking for more technical things like details etc I find the fiio to be fine and found the bass more textured.

On the go I would still prefer a more balanced and less congested sound. I think a c&c bh 2 as an amp or a c5 would probably do the trick.
Edited by grizzlybeast - 1/18/14 at 2:06pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.