Originally Posted by Urchinn
Hey, X3 lovers and owners...I've been using mine for a few months, but all of a sudden it will stop playing tracks in folders! I know that some of these folders have been on the internal drive since the day I loaded songs into it...but now it will just stop playing a song (not in the middle of the song, it just won't play any part of the song). If you forward to the next song, no problem! Anyway, I'm thinking about just wiping the whole internal drive, and trying all over again. Does the new firmware have all the info needed to start over, Or should I download/install something else? All comments, tips, suggestions, insults are welcome.
Been following this thread since I got my X3 in August and have been reading owners of X3 having problem with trying to load songs, updating library manually or auto, certain songs don't play or frequent freezing problem and deleting database library because songs are in the folder but just won't play.Certain micro SD cannot be recognised and 64gb card having access to it.
Currently have Sandisk C10 32gb in my X3 and the only problems I am having are...
1) occasional freeze when searching or fast forward or press next song when in the middle of playing. Basically from my own usage... Messing about with song selection or browsing thru the folder will cause the freeze.
2) certain songs can't display art cover. Okay some of my art cover are big ass size... So I have change some of the album that don't display cover to the smallest available art cover I can find and now most of it are 240*240 but it still does not solve my problem... Like my Led Zeppelin Box Set is one that does not display album cover which I have change the original art cover to smallest size not more than 240*240 and now some songs have art cover and some don't (50%). So I don't know what's wrong. All my songs have art cover and it displayed properly in my smartphone and my Samsung Tab but it just doesn't work very well before and after downsizing my art cover size.
3) Charging issue...using my iPad charger and the USB cable provided by Fiio.. .upon plug in.... Screen display charging and it will go on and on with the screen showing the battery is being charged but it won't stop where it show the indicator is green. Most of the time I will unplug and plug in again... Then only the green light will lit up ...This has been since the first day I got it till now.
I truly sympathise with other owners of X3 who had numerous problems to the point of wanting to give up on the X3. This is my two cent worth of analysis.. ..here goes and it is just my opinion.
1) It could be a bad batch of X3 maybe due to rushing out the products to consumer who have been waiting for it.
2) Which in my humble opinion... If that is the case... That is why some owners are enjoying it and some are cursing why did they buy it and felt they have fed a beta model with lots of bugs that should have been an easy products to use with ease.
3) Fiio need to determine thru this thread who are the users that are facing much difficulty and those who have returned their X3 or those who have sent it back to Fiio for problem solving.
My heart goes to those send their X3 back to Fiio for problem solving and left with alternative but to wait another time around for Fiio to ship it back to them.
4) it should not be that difficult to use X3 but evidently some users are banging their heads with songs missing.. .songs not playing.... Updating taking more than 30 minute... during updating library will freeze.... Frequent freezing ...to the point of deleting database.. .press pin for hard reset.... Set to auto for library.... Disabling gap less......when all this should not be much of a hassle to overcome.
As for me... I have listed my problem and compared to some... Mine are in anyway near those faced by frustrated owners and also would be buyer would also be doing a double take on making the leap to buy X3. I just wanna say I am a complete idiot and would not have the knowledge or the time to tag properly or delete library database or rebuild the library and copy and drag over and over again but the songs are just not playing .
I thank my lucky stars that my X3 don't have such problem and don't intend to do anything drastic... Current 32gb and 8gb memory filled to the max... Working well except for occasional freeze and art cover not displaying for 50% of my music...... Other than that Fiio X3 is EXCELLENT FOR ITS SOUND QUALITY FOR THE PRICE and not gonna do anything like getting a new 64gb or taking out my micro SD card.. .just gonna use keep on enjoying it until this thread are only filled with admiration of X3 and not users having difficulty in using this player... Which should be easy to use.
Last but not least... This is just my opinion and by no means an expert in techno stuff or audiophile but someone who just enjoy music (btw got mine from MP4 Nation)