or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 503

post #7531 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannikin View Post


So you also think I've got a defective unit?

 

Dunno, but it certainly doesn't behave the same way like my X3.

post #7532 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannikin View Post


What I've realized now should have been obvious to me ten days ago: I've got a bad unit. Unfortunately I can't return it, since it's too late to request a return from Amazon.

-My device freezes and/or crashes every time I use it
-it won't display artwork I KNOW is there. It's inconsistent; sometimes it displays an album's artwork, sometimes not. (I'm talking about the same album, viewed at different times)
-with some albums it adds another copy of each song to the track list every time I manually rebuild the library (automatic doesn't work)
-several purchased HDtracks items don't play correctly (skips part way through the track, sometimes skipping two tracks ahead)
-it still lists files that I've removed from the TF card.

Before you decide to fire back an indignant, outraged response, please note that none of these issues has anything to do with the UI. So rather than just being angry at me for spouting "Apple Talk", I'd much rather receive suggestions aimed at fixing the problems I'm experiencing. Thank you.

You should contact Fiio support.  I found them responsive when we worked out a problem I had early on. 

post #7533 of 17128

Is it normal for the X3 to take 25 minutes or more to update its library file?? Because that's how long its taken so far.....I added 8 files to the tf card and manually updated lib file....still waiting, and waiting, and waiting.....

 

There is evidence that it has crashed in the middle of it....the progress wheel graphic has stopped. What do I do now?? Press reset? Help, please!

post #7534 of 17128

can I use the x3 as a dac/ amp from my iMac? if i just use the headphone jack?

 

I am probably going to wait for the geek pulse until I get a desktop rig


Edited by grizzlybeast - 1/5/14 at 3:07pm
post #7535 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3answer View Post

Hi all, i just got my x3 for about 2weeks plus. Have been using it daily to commute to workplace etc. Never remember any incident whereby i dropped my x3 or knocking against any hard surfaces...however, realised this happened today.

Anyone knows how to fix this???

 

Your LCD is gone....shattered...and gone. You need a replacement. Contact FiiO support.

 

If you are DIY capable, you may be able to replace it yourself with a screen they send you. Otherwise, RMA.

 

I'm guessing you've had this device for over a month, so yeah. Contact FiiO Support. (It's on FiiO's website)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

can I use the x3 as a dac/ amp from my iMac? if i just use the headphone jack?

 

I am probably going to wait for the geek pulse until I get a desktop rig

Apple computers (for the most part) allow for optical output throught headphone jack. (It's a dual function that Apple intergrated)

 

The X3 sadly does not accept optical input. 

 

You can only use the X3 as a DAC/Amp with the Mac/PC through USB with the latest fw edition. 

 

If you do not have enough USB ports on your Mac. Look into a USB Hub. 

post #7536 of 17128

^thanks I have enough ports. I just wonder how to update the firmware cause when I looked I didn't see how to. But I will figure it out..

found it.

 

That was very helpful. I wanted to be able to amp music from sound cloud and spotify with it for now.


Edited by grizzlybeast - 1/5/14 at 3:18pm
post #7537 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhahacker View Post
 

You should contact Fiio support.  I found them responsive when we worked out a problem I had early on. 

 

OK, so now my X3 has frozen up for over 35 minutes while performing a library update (I added 8 new songs to the TF card). What is the best way to get FiiO support for this device, please? The email address on their support page? This one: market@fiio.com.cn

 

Yes? No? A better option? Thanks.

post #7538 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannikin View Post
 

 

OK, so now my X3 has frozen up for over 35 minutes while performing a library update (I added 8 new songs to the TF card). What is the best way to get FiiO support for this device, please? The email address on their support page? This one: market@fiio.com.cn

 

Yes? No? A better option? Thanks.

That is the correct email 

http://fiio.net/aid/warranty.aspx

 

But first, reset the FiiO through the manual reset pin at the top, and perform library update again. If it still freezes, do the same thing(manual reset) but this time make sure to turn sleep mode off so that the unit won't turn off while updating. If that still freezes. Manually reset again, and this time move some folders so you don't have so many folders in one 'level'. The X3 has trouble recognizing folders past a certain number. FiiO has sent upgrades to fix this with the fw and have, but some units still exhibit problems. Don't put over 200 folders on a 'level'. 

 

Try that. (any time the device freezes, do the manual reset). If all that fails, try resetting the database.

 

At any time that you wish, contact FiiO support. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

^thanks I have enough ports. I just wonder how to update the firmware cause when I looked I didn't see how to. But I will figure it out..

found it.

 

That was very helpful. I wanted to be able to amp music from sound cloud and spotify with it for now.

I made this video a while back

 

I made this one with Windows PC but its the same thing for Mac. 

 

Make sure you delete previous fw from the main folder. 

post #7539 of 17128

@Cannikin

 

One more thing I would like to suggest is to also test the unit without the SD card if you are using one.


Edited by Musiccc - 1/5/14 at 3:39pm
post #7540 of 17128

The top pin hole is not a legit reset for those scared to do it. It is literally just a hard shutdown/startup.

post #7541 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiccc View Post
 

@Cannikin

 

Have you tried the reset?  There is a small pinhole on the unit for that.

Yes, I have.
 The device restarts, but when prompted the first time to rebuild the library, it fails to recognize ANY files on the TF card. The second time I prompt the library update, the device goes back into lockup. Its sitting here again, spinning and spinning.....

post #7542 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannikin View Post
 

Yes, I have.
 The device restarts, but when prompted the first time to rebuild the library, it fails to recognize ANY files on the TF card. The second time I prompt the library update, the device goes back into lockup. Its sitting here again, spinning and spinning.....

Please try my suggestion above. You may have too many folders in a level. This is one of the X3's perpetual bugs.

post #7543 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

That is the correct email 

http://fiio.net/aid/warranty.aspx

 

But first, reset the FiiO through the manual reset pin at the top, and perform library update again. If it still freezes, do the same thing(manual reset) but this time make sure to turn sleep mode off so that the unit won't turn off while updating. If that still freezes. Manually reset again, and this time move some folders so you don't have so many folders in one 'level'. The X3 has trouble recognizing folders past a certain number. FiiO has sent upgrades to fix this with the fw and have, but some units still exhibit problems. Don't put over 200 folders on a 'level'. 

 

Try that. (any time the device freezes, do the manual reset). If all that fails, try resetting the database.

 

At any time that you wish, contact FiiO support.

 

Thank you for the suggestions.

 

Yes, I pushed the rest pin inside the top of the device. It powered off, and back on. I prompted the library update again (with the TF card inserted) and it says it performed the update. I looked at the library and none of the contents of the card were listed, so I did the update lib again, and now it is spinning and spinning and who knows what its doing.

 

I will try your suggestion of "moving some folders", but I doubt that will make much difference, since there are nowhere near 200 folders on the card. (there are precisely 66 folders in the root directory of the TF card, and no more than two subfolders in any of those - most are the album folder with only the song files in them, with no subfolders) And yes, sleep mode is OFF.

 

So I assume the next fix is "resetting the db". I work on a Mac, and all the instructions I have encountered for resetting the db are for windows. What do I do??

 

Thanks.


Edited by Cannikin - 1/5/14 at 3:51pm
post #7544 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmet View Post
 

 $350 experience !!!!! Very precise man :cool: ....what is the 350 $ experience ???!!!  :D why not 400 ? why not 450 ? i expect from mine -when it arrives - from 400 t0 500 $ sound quality ...just behind ak100 and for my se535 and as a one box solution & the hardware eq which i appreciate too much  it would be better ( talking about the sound only ) and BTW i don't expect that fiio would be very painful in use ..lets wait and see :rolleyes: 

 

EDIT : OH forgot about the x5 !!! mmmmm....but i think the x5 may not necessarily better in sq than x3 specially with normal FLACs .....may be a more neutral sound ? 


Ok, $400 but I deducted $50 to give myself a little space (buffer), hence $350.  :) 

Your expectation is too high my friend, you might have set yourself up for crash and burn.  ;)

Speaking of AK100, what's the deal with that knob sticking out the side.  Yazz!  Ugly! (for me).

post #7545 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Please try my suggestion above. You may have too many folders in a level. This is one of the X3's perpetual bugs.

 

I have done all the things you suggested, minus the database reset (I need help with this, please: I'm on a Mac. All instructions are for Windows)

Every attempt to rebuild the library files sends the device spinning indefinitely.  If I reset and view the files available, I can't see ANY of the TF card contents by browsing via "categories", but if I "browse files" > "micro sd card" > then I can see, and play all of the card's contents! WTF?

 

Help, please?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.