Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 500

post #7486 of 11360

Given that disabling gapless playback and cover arts somehow alleviates the problem, my guess is that the memory buffer is not filled up fast enough so it bombs when the track starts and no data in the buffer. Just my wild guess though...

post #7487 of 11360

Did any one tried x3 with RSA amp yet ??!! :biggrin:

post #7488 of 11360

You know that the ATH-ESW9 with the E11/X3 combo sure does sound good.

post #7489 of 11360
I just don't understand why these companies can put out expensive devices that don't function correctly. The most common comment here is "I hope they take care of this in the next update". It's ridiculous that you have to put up with that. We are paying big bucks for the privilege of being beta testers. I was ready to pull the trigger until I really read up on the X3 and other high end players. There is not a single one that people are really happy with other than the sound quality when they happen to work. I'm just going to order the Fiio E11 and get a new battery for my classic and live with the pretty good line out sound quality. My Westmont UM2's should benefit from the line out and amp and hopefully these companies will start to realize the need to put out a decent UI and stop making us beta testers for them if they want our money. Sorry, just a bit frustrated and needed to get it off my chest. Now if one of them want to send me one to use, I'll sign on to beta test for them. smily_headphones1.gif
post #7490 of 11360
It's difficult to say how many units that really have a problem.

I've used my X3 almost everyday since August and has not encountered a single problem with it. It has been upgraded to also work as an USB DAC as well during this time so I'm a happy camper:)
post #7491 of 11360
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonrality View Post

I just don't understand why these companies can put out expensive devices that don't function correctly. The most common comment here is "I hope they take care of this in the next update". It's ridiculous that you have to put up with that. We are paying big bucks for the privilege of being beta testers. I was ready to pull the trigger until I really read up on the X3 and other high end players. There is not a single one that people are really happy with other than the sound quality when they happen to work. I'm just going to order the Fiio E11 and get a new battery for my classic and live with the pretty good line out sound quality. My Westmont UM2's should benefit from the line out and amp and hopefully these companies will start to realize the need to put out a decent UI and stop making us beta testers for them if they want our money. Sorry, just a bit frustrated and needed to get it off my chest. Now if one of them want to send me one to use, I'll sign on to beta test for them. smily_headphones1.gif

 

Buy a sony zx1 or ak120 then

 

Also I habe not had any issues with my x3 since I got mine when they first announced it.


Edited by rawrster - 1/3/14 at 4:29pm
post #7492 of 11360
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post
 

 

Buy a sony zx1 or ak120 then

 

Also I habe not had any issues with my x3 since I got mine when they first announced it.

 

Same here.  I have had my X3 for a little over a week and it works great.  I have never used Sony portable music players except for their old portable CD players.  A&K stuff just seems too ridiculously overpriced.  What does it even do that the X3 can't?


Edited by hogger129 - 1/3/14 at 7:08pm
post #7493 of 11360

There is an option to shuffle all. Your library database has to be up to date and after that select the option play all. If the X3 freezes while its updating that means there some kind of file in one of your folders messing it up. My guess is that it one was one of those thumbs.db kind of file that causes it. 

post #7494 of 11360
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post
 

There is an option to shuffle all. Your library database has to be up to date and after that select the option play all. If the X3 freezes while its updating that means there some kind of file in one of your folders messing it up. My guess is that it one was one of those thumbs.db kind of file that causes it. 

 

I'll have to try it.  Currently I've just been browsing by album and just playing a whole album at a time since I didn't see a shuffle all option.  Thanks.

post #7495 of 11360
I don't want to give up on the X3, and frankly I've much to learn regarding audio gear. The player reminds me of a performance vehicle that needs constant tune-ups. I'll treat it with kid gloves and wait patiently for firmware updates. The AK is waaay outta my league, aside from what I hear is maddeningly tricky FW.
post #7496 of 11360
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalliopeK View Post

I don't want to give up on the X3, and frankly I've much to learn regarding audio gear. The player reminds me of a performance vehicle that needs constant tune-ups. I'll treat it with kid gloves and wait patiently for firmware updates. The AK is waaay outta my league, aside from what I hear is maddeningly tricky FW.

 

May I ask what you were unhappy about with the X3 and the firmware updates?

post #7497 of 11360
I showed concern prior to getting my X3, when I saw all sorts of reports of random freezing, etc. I've had mine now for about a month and have not had it freeze once. I also don't have gapless on and have not used the random feature. I basically have everything in Artist/Album/Song format and play using Browse Files. I have 95% flac and the rest aiff/alac, all tagged properly by me (I don't usually/ever just randomly download or copy songs from friends, etc.). I usually listen an album at a time or sometimes just picking songs here and there.

As I've added more and more songs though, it's getting more and more tedious using Browse Files and going through each folder. So, at some point I will be utilizing the Category feature, etc., which will truly be the test. But for now, I can live with browsing method since I'm getting such good SQ out of these.
post #7498 of 11360
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post
 


YES

 

no man should ever have to transfer 50GB of files this way.(i did the first time)

 

you can get cheap cardreaders from deal extreme, but they might stop working if overheating. another option is the G3 usb3.0 reader from kingston, or just a usb 2.0 micro sd to usb reader


I have the Kingston G3. Transfers are about four times as fast as writing to the X3 directly. That's on a USB 3.0 port.


Edited by jkauff - 1/3/14 at 9:50pm
post #7499 of 11360
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonrality View Post

I just don't understand why these companies can put out expensive devices that don't function correctly. The most common comment here is "I hope they take care of this in the next update". It's ridiculous that you have to put up with that. We are paying big bucks for the privilege of being beta testers. I was ready to pull the trigger until I really read up on the X3 and other high end players. There is not a single one that people are really happy with other than the sound quality when they happen to work. I'm just going to order the Fiio E11 and get a new battery for my classic and live with the pretty good line out sound quality. My Westmont UM2's should benefit from the line out and amp and hopefully these companies will start to realize the need to put out a decent UI and stop making us beta testers for them if they want our money. Sorry, just a bit frustrated and needed to get it off my chest. Now if one of them want to send me one to use, I'll sign on to beta test for them. smily_headphones1.gif

I concur. This has been a very "beta test device" experience IMO. For now, I'm willing to put up with the flaws and UI quirks, but I'm not feeling compelled to buy a FiiO device again. Perhaps the reality is that this is all you get for $200.
post #7500 of 11360

You will read just as much (actually, a lot more) about freeze, crash, quirk and complaints on iPhone if you bother to go to Apple's forum. That doesn't mean Apple is beta testing iPhone.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.