or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 499

post #7471 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

Really? I thought it is limited to the writing speed of your card.... I tried two card readers before and they are both dead... I did not notice that X3 reduced the writing speed....


my cards have an optimal speed of 30MB/s, the X3 has a max of 4.5MB/s

my HDD has a max transfer speed of 126MB/s, and my USB 3.0 ports a (theoretical) max speed of 640MB/s, my card reader 14MB/s (the kingston G3 thing)

 

so in my case using a card reader instead of the X3 itself makes sense.

post #7472 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post

YES

no man should ever have to transfer 50GB of files this way.(i did the first time)

you can get cheap cardreaders from deal extreme, but they might stop working if overheating. another option is the G3 usb3.0 reader from kingston, or just a usb 2.0 micro sd to usb reader

Yes, extremely slow. It just happens that I've been ripping and moving over the course of the last few weeks and so my transfers have been quite small each time.

I'm definitely going with a card reader if I have to load everything again.
post #7473 of 17129

Thanks for the quick response CH23. I kinda had a hunch, but I wanted to make sure.

post #7474 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by [U]CaptainWrong[/U] View Post

Thanks for the quick response CH23. I kinda had a hunch, but I wanted to make sure.

Captain WRONG had a RIGHT hunch wink.gif
post #7475 of 17129

:beyersmile:

post #7476 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawan60 View Post
 

Not working on 8.1 desktop, working on 8 laptop :S

Mine works on 8.1 laptop, both storage and dac. But I remembered I had to update the drivers to get it to work.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalliopeK View Post
 

I have a dilemma. I seem to be having an array of problems with the X3. So numerous that I'm considering sending it back. In the 10 days I've used the device, it:

 

-Freezes up for no apparent reason. It usually takes several attempts to reboot. It has even frozen up mid-track.

-Library update is temperamental. I've tried both manual and auto settings. Sticking to manual.

-Cover art is only displayed if I play music through category/artist/album configuration, but this method of finding tracks is extremely cumbersome. I have been selecting what I want to hear through the "files" function, and this generally doesn't display cover art.

-Device often doesn't respond to turning on/off, making it necessary to let the device "rest". (Grrrrrr!)

-SD slot not having a cover makes it easy to disturb the card.

 

So, what is the protocol for replacing what one believes is a defective (or just extra cloogy) device? Has anyone been able to have Fiio CS replace their unit?

 

I know this isn't an ipod, and am very impressed with much of this player's features, but it's flakiness seems to go beyond acceptable limits.

 

Thoughts?

Are you using the latest firmware 2.1?

 

The X3'd freeze about once a week for me. I noticed all the freezes happened while I made heavy movements (running, going upstairs), and with the device unlocked. So I just lock the X3 whenever I move, and haven't experience a freeze since then. I also have gapless playback - off, and library update - manual

post #7477 of 17129
I have to say: firmware version 2.1 freezes way more often than 2.05 if you ask me.
post #7478 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post

I have to say: firmware version 2.1 freezes way more often than 2.05 if you ask me.

 Interestingly, I don't remember my X3 freezing in the last 2 weeks. And I've been using it for around 3 hours every day.

 Sandisk 64Gb microSD with FLAC and MP3 files, all tagged and with album artwork.

 

 Are you using it as a DAC or just a regular DAP? What kind of files are there in the memory/microSD card?

post #7479 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by themad View Post

 Interestingly, I don't remember my X3 freezing in the last 2 weeks. And I've been using it for around 3 hours every day.
 Sandisk 64Gb microSD with FLAC and MP3 files, all tagged and with album artwork.

 Are you using it as a DAC or just a regular DAP? What kind of files are there in the memory/microSD card?

3082 files in total, of which about 3 to 500 on internal memory, half of all files FLAC, other half ALAC, all tagged, no album art,

Internal memory 7.08GB, 0.07 free
External: 64GB(59.4GB) 0.04 free

Everything in folders Root/artist/album/track.flac


Usage between 12 to 20 hours a day, of which partly as DAC too.(i sleep with music)
post #7480 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


3082 files in total, of which about 3 to 500 on internal memory, half of all files FLAC, other half ALAC, all tagged, no album art,

Internal memory 7.08GB, 0.07 free
External: 64GB(59.4GB) 0.04 free

Everything in folders Root/artist/album/track.flac


Usage between 12 to 20 hours a day, of which partly as DAC too.(i sleep with music)

 

 Well, you use the X3 MUCH more than I do.

 

 You should try to find a pattern to when it freezes. If when playing ALAC or FLAC files or when using it as a DAC for example. 

 Did you use it the same way (# of files, type of files, DAC, etc) when on firmware 2.05?

 

 I do not use it as a DAC nor use its internal memory, at all. Directory structure same as yours: Root/artist/album/track.

 

 Anyway, too bad to hear that the newer fw is, so far, worse for you than the previous one.

post #7481 of 17129
Yes, z7, firmware is up-to-date. I'm not over-handling or jostling it in any way. I'm really being careful with it.
post #7482 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by themad View Post

 Well, you use the X3 MUCH more than I do.

 You should try to find a pattern to when it freezes. If when playing ALAC or FLAC files or when using it as a DAC for example. 
 Did you use it the same way (# of files, type of files, DAC, etc) when on firmware 2.05?

 I do not use it as a DAC nor use its internal memory, at all. Directory structure same as yours: Root/artist/album/track.

 Anyway, too bad to hear that the newer fw is, so far, worse for you than the previous one.

Pattern: none available. i play music, and suddenly i don't play music.

Also sometimes playing stops when a track stops, even when i play an entire album, but it does this at random.
post #7483 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingus Ah Um View Post
 

Definitely a warm sound.  I alternate between my x3 and an Ipod classic hooked to a Pure i-20 dock.  I prefer the x3 as my source most of the time, although I like using the Pure i with my ipod because it charges it while its hooked up.  The Little Dot is a great tube amp for a good price if you are just looking to get into tubes.  I think you would be quite happy with the x3/LD MKIII pairing.  I have the x3 hooked up to the LD right now playing Agnes Obel and I think it sounds fantastic.  


Thanks for this :-)   I am interested in experimenting with tubes and the variation in sound I can achieve.   I have heard that the Little Dot amps can have great mids and smooth trebles.  I don't mind a litttle warmth in my music; I don't really enjoy a clinically neutral sound.   So perhaps it is time to invest in tubes.   I have read that the Little Dot 1+ is best for low impedance phones, so this may be where I start the fun :-)

 

Thanks again.

post #7484 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


Pattern: none available. i play music, and suddenly i don't play music.

Also sometimes playing stops when a track stops, even when i play an entire album, but it does this at random.

 

 That's pretty bad. Quite impossible to find the reason. You'd have to test every single file (or upload 70+Gb of files to FiiO analyze by themselves :D).

 

 Sorry I couldn't be of much help. Maybe somebody jumps in with a similar situation.

post #7485 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


Pattern: none available. i play music, and suddenly i don't play music.

Also sometimes playing stops when a track stops, even when i play an entire album, but it does this at random.

Memory leaks?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.