or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 497

post #7441 of 17125
I've wondered about that too. I'd also like to find a case that protects the SD card slot better than the silicone one that's on the unit now. I've had the device for only a week & I've already disturbed the card twice. I've been pretty gentle with it too:(
post #7442 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmet View Post
 

wow !! is there a benefit from attaching fiio e11 with the x3 ??....i thought it wont benefit from such bairing too much ! and in terms of resolution and sound stage is it better than ipod with fiio e11 ? and thanks for your reply :smile: 


I think you are right.  I don't think there is really much to gain from using an E11 with an X3.  I tried it with my E07K and the results were nowhere near as good as the X3 alone; much warmer than the X3 and less definition.  Some have tried it with the E12, which is a higer spec amp than the X3, but unless you need the extra power to drive very high impedance headphones at high volume, then I doubt even the E12 will make a significant difference.

 

On the other hand.  I know someone is using the X3 with a Little Dot tube amp.  He says he likes the difference the tubes make to the sound of the X3, but then, of course, it's not a portable solution.

post #7443 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyOne View Post
 


I think you are right.  I don't think there is really much to gain from using an E11 with an X3.  I tried it with my E07K and the results were nowhere near as good as the X3 alone; much warmer than the X3 and less definition.  Some have tried it with the E12, which is a higer spec amp than the X3, but unless you need the extra power to drive very high impedance headphones at high volume, then I doubt even the E12 will make a significant difference.

 

On the other hand.  I know someone is using the X3 with a Little Dot tube amp.  He says he likes the difference the tubes make to the sound of the X3, but then, of course, it's not a portable solution.

I agree here.  I've tried my x3 with the e7 as well as a JDSLabs cmoy...I don't see the need for either.  The x3 sounds great on its own.

 

I don't use my x3 for portable use much so it's pretty much continuously hooked up to my Little Dot MKIII...I can say I like this pairing very much.  Overall I think the x3 sounds great on its own though.

post #7444 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmet View Post
 

You can get the leather case from fiio then make 2 parallel cuts at the sides of the case then insert the arm straps from the cuts that  you made


That's a good suggestion.

 

I should have qualified my question a bit more, though.  I'd be looking for a case/strap that's made from synthetic materials (for example, neoprene).  I don't buy leather products (vegetarian).

post #7445 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingus Ah Um View Post
 

I agree here.  I've tried my x3 with the e7 as well as a JDSLabs cmoy...I don't see the need for either.  The x3 sounds great on its own.

 

I don't use my x3 for portable use much so it's pretty much continuously hooked up to my Little Dot MKIII...I can say I like this pairing very much.  Overall I think the x3 sounds great on its own though.


Out of curiosity, how would you describe the MkIII sound with the X3?   I am gradually warming to the idea of getting one :-)

post #7446 of 17125
I am having the same issue. Very frustrated. Nothing about this device is user friendly.
post #7447 of 17125
Yep. That's what I'm using. They sound really good. Very landscape-like.
post #7448 of 17125

SO for a future upgrade to x3 sound , what a portable amp i can use ?.....and is the sound signature from the line out have the same warmness of the headphone out or is it more neutral ?

post #7449 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalliopeK View Post

I am having the same issue. Very frustrated. Nothing about this device is user friendly.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalliopeK View Post

Yep. That's what I'm using. They sound really good. Very landscape-like.

Sorry, but what posts are you referring to?

post #7450 of 17125
My reply about phones was for you. Sorry 'bout that:) My other comment was in response to poster who has complaints about manual library update freezes.
post #7451 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyOne View Post
 


Out of curiosity, how would you describe the MkIII sound with the X3?   I am gradually warming to the idea of getting one :-)

Definitely a warm sound.  I alternate between my x3 and an Ipod classic hooked to a Pure i-20 dock.  I prefer the x3 as my source most of the time, although I like using the Pure i with my ipod because it charges it while its hooked up.  The Little Dot is a great tube amp for a good price if you are just looking to get into tubes.  I think you would be quite happy with the x3/LD MKIII pairing.  I have the x3 hooked up to the LD right now playing Agnes Obel and I think it sounds fantastic.  

post #7452 of 17125

I bought a Nite Ize Clip Case Sideways (large) that fits the X3 perfectly. It clips to my belt or the waistband of my shorts when working out. It does not allow me to control the X3 without opening the case and pulling it out but it's easy enough to do that. It's a nice case for under $15.

post #7453 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalliopeK View Post

My reply about phones was for you. Sorry 'bout that:) My other comment was in response to poster who has complaints about manual library update freezes.

Awesome. How do you find the fit/size of the im50's? That was really my biggest concern right now. My phonaks are ridiculously comfortable, and unfortunately I can't  make it Japan to try em out :). They are a pretty good deal from cdjapan, I just hope the Cdn $ doesn't tank anymore before I make a decision.

post #7454 of 17125
Correction: I have the ATH M50's, not the IEMs. But I can say that the M50's are a terrific bargain. I just today received Brainwavz M1 IEM's. Burning them in now. Very crisp, bright sound. Fairly comfortable, they come with numerous variations of buds, a neat little case. Really great deal on Amazon.
post #7455 of 17125

can I use the x3 as a DAC for an iPod or a MAC and go iPod/mac>x3>Vali>headphone out...just got one and it will be my first portable DAP/DAC/AMP.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.