or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 495

post #7411 of 17129

I just grabbed a FiiO X3 this week and i'm very happy with the hardware quality of things but i do have a few gripes with the software!

 

* No Playlist Support. Gotta have at least M3U support. I want to be able to create playlists and copy them to the device like an iPod

* Ability to customize the main menu, some things are unnecessary.

* Being faster with skipping tracks. Compared to a Classic iPod with has a standard hard drive in it, i've noticed the X3 takes a bit longer to start playing the next track.

post #7412 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post


You can find it on their website under support and Fiio X3.

 

Thanks.

I see that FiiO states that if you have update to fw2.05, then there is no need to update to fw2.1. They state:

 

Quote:
 Note: For users with X3 updated to FW2.05 and installed the device driver, there is NO need to install it once again.

Am I just interpreting this wrong, or is the fw2.1 update actually redundant for me? FWIW I don't use the X3's USB DAC feature, so that is unimportant to me.

post #7413 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannikin View Post
 

 

Thanks.

I see that FiiO states that if you have update to fw2.05, then there is no need to update to fw2.1. They state:

 

Am I just interpreting this wrong, or is the fw2.1 update actually redundant for me? FWIW I don't use the X3's USB DAC feature, so that is unimportant to me.

I think they mean that you don't have to update the driver....the firmware update is worth doing.

post #7414 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw321 View Post
 

I think they mean that you don't have to update the driver....the firmware update is worth doing.

Thank you. The message I got from the FiiO news page was unclear at best.

 

Question: is it not possible to update the firmware without installing from a BLANK sd card? Why on earth is it not possible via the USB cable the unit comes with?? I purchased a single 32gb micro SD card to load my FLAC music on for use with the X3, and that is all I have, and its full of files! Now I have to either buy another card, or clear off 31gb of music files just to install the firmware update. What a pain in the ****.


Edited by Cannikin - 12/31/13 at 7:42am
post #7415 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannikin View Post
 

 

Thanks.

I see that FiiO states that if you have update to fw2.05, then there is no need to update to fw2.1. They state:

 

Am I just interpreting this wrong, or is the fw2.1 update actually redundant for me? FWIW I don't use the X3's USB DAC feature, so that is unimportant to me.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw321 View Post
 

I think they mean that you don't have to update the driver....the firmware update is worth doing.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannikin View Post
 

Thank you. The message I got from that news page was unclear at best.

 

yeah it's about the driver, firmware 2.1 had iirc quite some enhancements, speed-wise at the least.

post #7416 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannikin View Post
 

Thank you. The message I got from the FiiO news page was unclear at best.

 

Question: is it not possible to update the firmware without installing from a BLANK sd card? Why on earth is it not possible via the USB cable the unit comes with?? I purchased a single 32gb micro SD card to load my FLAC music on for use with the X3, and that is all I have, and its full of files! Now I have to either buy another card, or clear off 31gb of music files just to install the firmware update. What a pain in the ****.

It isn't essential to have an empty card. A lot of people leave the music in place and just use the one card. It is a tiny, tiny bit safer to use a blank card but I wouldn't bother to remove everything else if I only had the one card.

post #7417 of 17129

I've done the update several times using my micro SD card loaded with music. Never had an issue.

post #7418 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhahacker View Post

I've done the update several times using my micro SD card loaded with music. Never had an issue.

Thanks for that info.
Here's a question: has anyone had the update go badly wrong when installing via a music-filled card?
post #7419 of 17129
Either your cable is bad or it's a cheap charger. It should be 50% faster assuming the X3 can use 1.5A. And I believe it can. Probably a poor charger. A good 2.1 should cost between $10-$15.
post #7420 of 17129
You won't, music files won't be recognized during update. Only the update file. Even if you screw the update you can start over.
post #7421 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannikin View Post


Thanks for that info.
Here's a question: has anyone had the update go badly wrong when installing via a music-filled card?

I'm pretty sure that they haven't. I've been following these threads since before the X3 was released and this topic comes up regularly and I've only ever seen success reported. As I said, the risk is insignificant and, I suspect, theoretical only.

post #7422 of 17129

does anyone know how this would compare to the ibasso dx50?

post #7423 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

does anyone know how this would compare to the ibasso dx50?

 

The X3 is a way better price. 

post #7424 of 17129

239 vs 199 puts them in the same price bracket

post #7425 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

does anyone know how this would compare to the ibasso dx50?

Fiio X3 is more warmer, iBasso DX50 is more nuetral sounding. Fiio X3 also has the more powerful amplifier.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.