Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 492

post #7366 of 17217
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 

If people are looking for a very nice UI but don't want iPods than there is really only one option. You have to get something from iRiver, either the AK100 or the AK120. Expensive stuff, but the UI will be a lot better.

 

On a personal note I don't mind the X3 UI at all. I think it works just fine and is good enough for me. The X5 looks to have improved UI, so that might be worth the wait for those of you who want a nicer UI.

 

I was going to ask what the difference is between the X3 and X5.

 

Why not just improve the X3's UI and put out a downloadable update? 

post #7367 of 17217
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogger129 View Post
 

 

I was going to ask what the difference is between the X3 and X5.

 

Why not just improve the X3's UI and put out a downloadable update? 


Hmm... since I have no relation to Fiio I honestly can't answer that question. haha.

 

But James of Fiio did say that all the UI advancements of the X5 will somehow trickle down to the X3 if we remain patient. Hopefully by this time next year the X3 will be running super smooth.

post #7368 of 17217
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogger129 View Post
 

 

I was going to ask what the difference is between the X3 and X5.

 

Why not just improve the X3's UI and put out a downloadable update? 


No update can change the X3's button configuration! The X5 will feature a wheel, like an iPod Classic, to go with the UI.

post #7369 of 17217
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagunaAsh View Post
 


No update can change the X3's button configuration! The X5 will feature a wheel, like an iPod Classic, to go with the UI.

 

I don't mind the button configuration.  But I was reading over on FiiO's website, and all it sounds like is that it has that wheel style button like the iPod Classic, can play DSD, has a stronger processor and supports two microSD cards instead of just 1.

 

I was referring specifically to the UI though.  Why not just add things in updates?

post #7370 of 17217

at first, I thought the buttons placement was a bit quirky but I eventually got used to it....i guess we just need time to get used to the buttons

post #7371 of 17217
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogger129 View Post

If they developed a Rockbox build for it, I would have everything I need.  The UI is not that bad at all.  Also, what advantage would Android have over the current OS?  

From usability point of view I just feel that android is better. Diving through long collection and searching is just so much easier and quicker. And then there are other features.
post #7372 of 17217
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagunaAsh View Post
 


No update can change the X3's button configuration! The X5 will feature a wheel, like an iPod Classic, to go with the UI.


This is a good point. Haha. Although I've gotten used to the odd button configuration and I don't mind it at all now. The UI of the X5 will need to be tweaked for the X3 if they do really intend to bring it over. But like I was saying you should probably look at AK100 (the mark 2 version) because it sounds like you're very sensitive to UI

post #7373 of 17217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannikin View Post
 

...

When using the USB connect to my MacBook Pro, if I leave the X3 plugged in to charge for more than a few minutes without manually unmounting the drives (internal and sd card both) then the X3 shuts off and I get a system error warning me that I have disconnected drives incorrectly, risking damage to the storage.

...

This is more likely a bad connection - I had the same issues when using a random USB cable with the X3 inside its silicone skin. Then I noticed that in some micro USB connectors the metal part sticks out further from the insulating shield than others. Now I use only the longer ones of these, or remove the silicone skin, and the X3 stays connected perfectly.

 

BTW, did you ever update the firmware - some of your issues are at least improved in later versions. Version 2.1 is the latest.

post #7374 of 17217
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw321 View Post

This is more likely a bad connection - I had the same issues when using a random USB cable with the X3 inside its silicone skin. Then I noticed that in some micro USB connectors the metal part sticks out further from the insulating shield than others. Now I use only the longer ones of these, or remove the silicone skin, and the X3 stays connected perfectly.

BTW, did you ever update the firmware - some of your issues are at least improved in later versions. Version 2.1 is the latest.

Two days ago, someone on this forum told me 2.05 was the current firmware, and that is what I found available. Where do I find V 2.1 please?
post #7375 of 17217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannikin View Post

Two days ago, someone on this forum told me 2.05 was the current firmware, and that is what I found available. Where do I find V 2.1 please?
You can find it on their website under support and Fiio X3.
post #7376 of 17217

you guys can check out Fiio's facebook page. They already released the X5 in China. There're also a lot of information and pictures there

post #7377 of 17217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannikin View Post


Two days ago, someone on this forum told me 2.05 was the current firmware, and that is what I found available. Where do I find V 2.1 please?

Here is the release announcement, with a link to the download:

 

http://fiio.com.cn/news/index.aspx?ID=100000126778463&page=1

 

And here is the announcement on head-fi:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/691205/the-release-of-fiio-x3s-new-firmware-fw2-1-nov-20th-2013

 

There isn't a huge amount of difference if you are already on 2.05 though. It's possible that the issue you have with disconnections from your Mac may have resulted in a corrupted database on the X3 leading to some of your other issues. There are instructions for Windows users on how to reset the database here:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/681416/how-to-delete-the-database-in-the-x3-disk

 

If you don't have access to a Windows machine, and can't figure out how to do it on the Mac, I may be able to help.

post #7378 of 17217
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


I think it has to do with the specific font used by the X3. There are 2 font sets, 1 is for korean, the other for everything else.


That's what I thought so as well; I hope James noticed this. Why not use one font set for all, I wonder. (Is that even possible?)
The reason I am saying this is because in when I selected the Korean Language in settings, it displayed even the Japanese characters too without any difficulty.

post #7379 of 17217

somebody mentioned that android OS would be better because of it's speed-

 

i disagree with this, as it has to do with the used CPU, and amount of RAM.

Android OS is quite laggy, and uses an enormous amount of RAM.

 

i'm not certain what the amount of installed RAM is in the X3, but if there will be a v2, a RAM upgrade might surely make things faster.

post #7380 of 17217
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post
 

somebody mentioned that android OS would be better because of it's speed-

 

i disagree with this, as it has to do with the used CPU, and amount of RAM.

Android OS is quite laggy, and uses an enormous amount of RAM.

 

i'm not certain what the amount of installed RAM is in the X3, but if there will be a v2, a RAM upgrade might surely make things faster.

It was the ease of use and managing gigs of files.

 

My main gripe is that it takes too long to select when you have too many artists and can't search for individual files.

 

What I think is that Fiio already has the good hardware R&D. Roll out an android based player and see the response.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.