or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 487

post #7291 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by KefkaticFanatic View Post

How long should I expect the manual update to take on a 64gb with lots of files?  I have slightly over 9000 (haw haw haw) music files on mine and it's been "updating file" for quite a while... I did update the firmware already.

It takes max 5 minutes for my 3000 files to update (how'd you fit 9000 on 64GB?) so i expect it to take max 15 minutes for you
post #7292 of 17129

I wonder if the Fiio X3 will play DSD format in the near future?? Please comment, or maybe this has been post it before?

post #7293 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulo89 View Post
 

I wonder if the Fiio X3 will play DSD format in the near future?? Please comment, or maybe this has been post it before?

Don't know about the near future, but James insists that the X3 will eventually be able to playback DSD files via firmware upgrade.

post #7294 of 17129

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/the-fiio-x3-thread/5730#post_9896822

 

Totally missed that, that's awesome!! I know DSD for the X5 is scheduled for sometime in spring, so maybe an update for the X3 will be around the same time?

post #7295 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painful Chafe View Post

This should not be this difficult....

Hello,

Would you like to send your unit to us for a warranty repair? Please contact market@fiio.com.cn for details.
There's probably nothing wrong with the unit itself (except perhaps for the firmware) but it would seem that the best way to sort out your problems would be for people at headquarters to look at your unit and the files on your SD card.
Edited by Joe Bloggs - 12/25/13 at 8:42pm
post #7296 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


Hello,

Would you like to send your unit to us for a warranty repair? Please contact market@fiio.com.cn for details.
There's probably nothing wrong with the unit itself (except perhaps for the firmware) but it would seem that the best way to sort out your problems would be for people at headquarters to look at your unit and the files on your SD card.


yaar open a warehouse in india atleast:biggrin:

 

nothing is cheap here:deadhorse:

post #7297 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


Hello,

Would you like to send your unit to us for a warranty repair? Please contact market@fiio.com.cn for details.
There's probably nothing wrong with the unit itself (except perhaps for the firmware) but it would seem that the best way to sort out your problems would be for people at headquarters to look at your unit and the files on your SD card.

I'd think I'd like to take you up on that. It probably is just me being an idiot. Not sure why the same files work on my Clip, Walkman and S3, though.

 

 

Another question for anyone. When I removed the SD card and update the library I still see all the artists and albums listed that used to be on the SD card? Anyone else? There is basically no music except for pre loaded stuff, but I'm still seeing the artists and albums listed.

post #7298 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painful Chafe View Post
 

I'd think I'd like to take you up on that. It probably is just me being an idiot. Not sure why the same files work on my Clip, Walkman and S3, though.

 

 

Another question for anyone. When I removed the SD card and update the library I still see all the artists and albums listed that used to be on the SD card? Anyone else? There is basically no music except for pre loaded stuff, but I'm still seeing the artists and albums listed.


man i have the same problem with my clip+

 

its damn annoying as its even rockboxed!!

 

i have stopped using the artists and albums option as a result and have to use the folders only

post #7299 of 17129

Ok. Just for fun I pulled the SD card out of my wife's Clip and put in in the X3, then updated the library. The songs are listed under the album and artist in the clip without issue. In the X3, same thing. I can see the album and artist, but when I click them no songs listed. The songs are in the "Browse files". Also, like I mentioned earlier all the artists and albums from the card I used to have in the X3 are showing up in album and artist.

 

I ran the card through Mp3tag and here are screenshots. Anyone seeing any problems?

 

Click on them to make 'um bigger

 

 

 

 

 

post #7300 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painful Chafe View Post
 

Ok. Just for fun I pulled the SD card out of my wife's Clip and put in in the X3, then updated the library. The songs are listed under the album and artist in the clip without issue. In the X3, same thing. I can see the album and artist, but when I click them no songs listed. The songs are in the "Browse files". Also, like I mentioned earlier all the artists and albums from the card I used to have in the X3 are showing up in album and artist.

 

I ran the card through Mp3tag and here are screenshots. Anyone seeing any problems?

 

Click on them to make 'um bigger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

for me when i delete the old albums or tracks they don't go away??!!

 

only the folder option gets updated and displays stuff correctly.

 

 

have u tried using folder option??

post #7301 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painful Chafe View Post

Ok. Just for fun I pulled the SD card out of my wife's Clip and put in in the X3, then updated the library. The songs are listed under the album and artist in the clip without issue. In the X3, same thing. I can see the album and artist, but when I click them no songs listed. The songs are in the "Browse files". Also, like I mentioned earlier all the artists and albums from the card I used to have in the X3 are showing up in album and artist.

I ran the card through Mp3tag and here are screenshots. Anyone seeing any problems?

Could you take a screenshot of the EXTENDED TAGS? (Select all songs from one album, right click, extended tags)
post #7302 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post


for me when i delete the old albums or tracks they don't go away??!!

only the folder option gets updated and displays stuff correctly.


have u tried using folder option??

Did you update the library?
post #7303 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


Did you update the library?


its gets updated when i pul it out or u have to update it manually??

 

pls elaborate:confused_face_2:

post #7304 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


Did you update the library?


yes,i saw the update option general settings:D

post #7305 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


It takes max 5 minutes for my 3000 files to update (how'd you fit 9000 on 64GB?) so i expect it to take max 15 minutes for you

Transcoding to mp3 vbr -2 :P 110GB magically becomes ~60...

 

Anyway I've been reformatting the SD and loafing around on other stuff so I haven't tried out updating the library yet, but good to know my wait is normal.  Thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.