Maybe you should try to start again.
1) fully charge the player
2) upgrade to the latest firmware (2.10)
3) format and chkdsk the internal memory from a PC
4) reset the player to factory defaults
5) set it up (language, gapless, display, etc)
6) load some music on the internal memory
7) try to reproduce the problem
First, thanks for the input. Have done all of the above and what i get is playback failed file not found.
I had this issue with a camera a few years back, i would take some photos load to the computer all good, other times after taking photos and trying to upload to the computer it would say files empty. Issue bad memory card.