or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 47

post #691 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinM View Post

My only frustration with this thread is... where is my link to buy now in uk!? smily_headphones1.gif.... Never been a patient man smily_headphones1.gif

European fellows, like you and me, have to wait a while. Yep, I know how do you feel mate.

post #692 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

I actually dislike RockBox for the fact that it has too many options.

That's the whole point....give the user more options, to get the most possible out of their hardware. Seriously though, after an initial setup, experimentation,  and acclimatization period, it's quick and easy getting through the menus to what you are after. wink.gif

post #693 of 17129

Direct delete would be a firmware change and very useful, in my opinion.  I wouldn't think of asking for hardware changes this late in the game.

 

My DAP is essentially a single playlist.  I put entire albums on it when I first get them, then purge away the songs I don't like, as I listen - deleting them from the DAP, not from my PC.

 

It would be a much appreciated feature for the X3.

 

Mike

post #694 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

That's the whole point....give the user more options, to get the most possible out of their hardware. Seriously though, after an initial setup, experimentation,  and acclimatization period, it's quick and easy getting through the menus to what you are after. wink.gif

 

My requirement for DAP is simple - good SQ and an easy to use interface. RockBox is useful for adding a lot of things, but the fundamental doesn't change. Thus whatever have been added are mostly of no use for me. Option is good only when you need option, or else it is just taking up space as everything else. In that case, I am quite happy with the stock firmware.

post #695 of 17129

Thanks for the quick review ClieOS.

 

How would X3 compare to phone player like galaxy s3/s4 or iphone 4s/5 when used without amp. Will the SQ be comparable/much better/lower. Any idea?

post #696 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

 

My requirement for DAP is simple - good SQ and an easy to use interface. RockBox is useful for adding a lot of things, but the fundamental doesn't change. Thus whatever have been added are mostly of no use for me. Option is good only when you need option, or else it is just taking up space as everything else. In that case, I am quite happy with the stock firmware.

The trouble with options is that everyone needs different ones. If you need only 3, and I need 4, and the next guy needs only one, that might be just 4 options, or it might be up to 8. And that's only with three people. Rockbox has, I guess, thousands of users, and every feature taken away is bound to be missed by someone. Of course, if we're talking about firmware for everyone, advanced features shouldn't get in the way of the basic ones, but that doesn't mean features are bad.


Edited by hoichi - 5/2/13 at 2:33pm
post #697 of 17129

Nothing can beat Rockbox as a firmware programme.Been developed and improved for over 10 years.I wish Fiio will release the source for the firmware.

James can you please tell me if you used the strong new jacks imputs on X3 and if there will be a recorder function built in the DAP anytime soon?

Thanks,Levi

post #698 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

Nothing can beat Rockbox as a firmware programme.Been developed and improved for over 10 years.I wish Fiio will release the source for the firmware.

James has already said they can't reveal the source due to the license for some hardware used (CPU, if I'm not mistaken). And one of the Rockbox developers said they're not interested in porting Rockbox to the X3. So, anything could happen, but for now let's hope Fiio nails their FW.

post #699 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoichi View Post

James has already said they can't reveal the source due to the license for some hardware used (CPU, if I'm not mistaken). And one of the Rockbox developers said they're not interested in porting Rockbox to the X3. So, anything could happen, but for now let's hope Fiio nails their FW.
Musicday is the Rockbox developer... He said they wouldn't work exclusively on it. wink.gif
post #700 of 17129

My god, those new pictures; The anticipation is killing me. 

post #701 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninewalker View Post

My god, those new pictures; The anticipation is killing me. 
You and me both! biggrin.gif
post #702 of 17129
I am third behind you guys. Picking one up as soon as it comes down under.
post #703 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post


yes, x3 supports balance control

 

You just sold me one.
post #704 of 17129
Hopefully it pairs well with jh16
post #705 of 17129
It should considering the low impedance. I am praying for the JH16 to work with it too. Feeling very positive about a gadget in a long time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.