Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 460

post #6886 of 11747

I've been enjoying my Fiio X-3 for a month now, but it pauses every now and then when I walk with it in my jacket pocket, something I find a little odd for a flash based player. Anyone else experiencing this?


Edited by retrophonic - 12/2/13 at 6:40pm
post #6887 of 11747

Yes, that is the biggest problem I have had.  I updated to the 2.1 firmware and it got a lot worse.  I put it back to the 2.05 and now I don't have the problem as often.  I just wait for it to shut down automatically and then I start it back up.  Not a big problem, but it is something that really should not happen.  Except for that, the sound is awesome and I love my X3.

post #6888 of 11747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryberry View Post


I meant can I also attach another headphone to the coaxial or line out in addition to the headphone out ? And play it to two headphones at the same time ?

 

You can connect one headphone to the headphone-out while an amp to the line-out (then another headphone to the amp). The reason why you shouldn't connect a headphone to line-out directly is because it is, well, a line-out, which will be be extremely loud and unadjustable.

post #6889 of 11747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryberry View Post


I meant can I also attach another headphone to the coaxial or line out in addition to the headphone out ? And play it to two headphones at the same time ?

Coaxial outputs a digital signal...so no.

 

Attaching a headphone to the line out will produce one volume (~2 volts) which may or may not be useful to you.  But yes, it will output to both the line out and headphone jack at the same time.

post #6890 of 11747

Does X3 have the same DAC, Amp chipset as the E17?

post #6891 of 11747
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrophonic View Post

I've been enjoying my Fiio X-3 for a month now, but it pauses every now and then when I walk with it in my jacket pocket, something I find a little odd for a flash based player. Anyone else experiencing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrecon View Post

Yes, that is the biggest problem I have had.  I updated to the 2.1 firmware and it got a lot worse.  I put it back to the 2.05 and now I don't have the problem as often.  I just wait for it to shut down automatically and then I start it back up.  Not a big problem, but it is something that really should not happen.  Except for that, the sound is awesome and I love my X3.

Wait what?!? This is normal? I'm about to receive my X3 and this better not be the norm or it's going back.
post #6892 of 11747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiccc View Post
 

Does X3 have the same DAC, Amp chipset as the E17?

X3 has a 270mW @ 32Ω amp a WM8740 DAC chip.  The E17 has a 220mW @ 32Ω amp and the....WM8740 DAC chip.  As a side note Fiio only claims 290mW @ 16Ω for the E17 and a whopping 540 mW@16Ω for the X3. 

post #6893 of 11747
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post



Wait what?!? This is normal? I'm about to receive my X3 and this better not be the norm or it's going back.

 

A future firmware update should fix it. But I don't experience that bug much often. Once/twice in a whole day or so (FW 2.1).

post #6894 of 11747

Just had my first hard crash today :(

 

Player stopped, tried to turn back on, can not. No buttons respond to input.

Player is still warm, as if its still playing.. obviously no sound.

 

15mins later the player was cool and turned back on with out issues.

I did not try the reset button as I had no way to activate it. 

post #6895 of 11747
Quote:
Originally Posted by undersys View Post

Just had my first hard crash today frown.gif

Player stopped, tried to turn back on, can not. No buttons respond to input.
Player is still warm, as if its still playing.. obviously no sound.

15mins later the player was cool and turned back on with out issues.
I did not try the reset button as I had no way to activate it. 

Have you tried a 10 second power button reset?
post #6896 of 11747
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


Have you tried a 10 second power button reset?

Sure did.

 

Many times. Gave up waited till i got home to try the reset button and it came good. 

post #6897 of 11747

On FiiO X3 locking-up:

 

There may be similarities in the curcumstances of our X3 lock-ups.  In my experience, this has only ever happened when I am browsing my music files and listening at the same time.  In each case, I reset it quickly and continued without problems.  So far, it has happened four times since I bought the device in mid-October.

 

It has not happened while just listening to music.  It has not happened whilst using the X3 as a DAC/AMP connected to my laptop and desktop speakers.

 

Perhaps we could all try to describe the circumstances of our X3 lock-ups in detail, so that FiiO can resolve it more quickly for us all.

 

It is quite annoying and frustrating, as it ruins our enjoyment of our music.   So I am hoping this can be resolved in a FW update very soon.

 

Jeremy.

post #6898 of 11747
post #6899 of 11747


Excellent!  My X3 has cancer of the library update function.  Here's hoping.

post #6900 of 11747
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyOne View Post
 

On FiiO X3 locking-up:

 

There may be similarities in the curcumstances of our X3 lock-ups.  In my experience, this has only ever happened when I am browsing my music files and listening at the same time.  In each case, I reset it quickly and continued without problems.  So far, it has happened four times since I bought the device in mid-October.

 

It has not happened while just listening to music.  It has not happened whilst using the X3 as a DAC/AMP connected to my laptop and desktop speakers.

 

Perhaps we could all try to describe the circumstances of our X3 lock-ups in detail, so that FiiO can resolve it more quickly for us all.

 

It is quite annoying and frustrating, as it ruins our enjoyment of our music.   So I am hoping this can be resolved in a FW update very soon.

 

Jeremy.

 

Not the same for me. I had set it to play an Album (as I always do) , put the x3's hold switch ON and placed it into my bag and walked off. Around 2 songs later just heard a click and that was it.

I'd not say its annoying me much so far as I've only had it happen once. I've had the x3  since July.. So that's not bad to be honest with you.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.