or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 446

post #6676 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfie View Post

 

4. Obviously there was quite a bit of recent discussion on mp3 distortion. With all of the complaints, I thought the issue would have been bad...like Michael Jackson bad. Turns out it's not even Chris Brown bad! I have mostly FLAC files in my X3 with a few mp3 files. Any noticeable decrease in quality compared to FLAC seems to be mostly from the fact that it's a lower quality file. Then again, I haven't done testing with classical music or anything like that. What I'm saying is that it may bother some people, but it's not going to bother everyone.

 

8. I'm including this because I know it's going give a few of you a good chuckle. The first time I listened to it, I stuck the earphone jack in the line out. lol I'm so used to the Cowon J3 so I was thinking it goes in the same spot. I already saw a few pictures from reviews so I knew there was a separate line out and headphone out. For some reason, I just completely forgot about that. It gave me a good jump when the audio blasted into my ears at high volume. It's like the duh moment you get when you hit your head against a ceiling. Here's a good life lesson, folks: make sure you're sticking it in the right hole. Otherwise, someone might get annoyed.

 

Best lines I read from reviews :D

post #6677 of 17125

Hi!

Is the sound quality better on x3 than on rockboxed sansa if mainly 320k pm3 files being played, or is it just better on hi res files?

Is there a bip difference between sansa+E7 and x3.

 

Thanks in advance.

post #6678 of 17125
My rock boxed Sansa clip doesn't sound anywhere near as good as my x3. That goes for any type of file! The amp and dac section of the Sansa just completely out class the Sansa!

Would love to see Sansa try to make some sort of super hifi player though...
ZMF Headphones creates custom orthodynamic headphones. By implementing wood cups, high production tolerances, and truly american handmade quality,...
Reply
post #6679 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach915m View Post

My rock boxed Sansa clip doesn't sound anywhere near as good as my x3. That goes for any type of file! The amp and dac section of the Sansa just completely out class the Sansa!

Would love to see Sansa try to make some sort of super hifi player though...


Agreed, if Sansa could increase the detail and technical areas to match instrument separation found on  Hisound Studio V and Rocco BA, all in that same Sansa Clip compact size I'd be all over it, but it lacks detail and some technical aspects like soundstage width to excel further, it's also not the most refined and lacks some atmosphere. What the clip does have since my time with it outdoors is rather good rhythm, decent PRaT, and it measures well, I'd be happy with more detail really to pass it for a more serious player and of course the same size.

/little midnight random rant.
 

post #6680 of 17125

I just, out of the blue,  started having sd card issues and never have before. I tried  reformatting to fat32 again but that didn't solve my issues. It will see all of the music when browsing but only part of the music when trying to sort. Also, it now hangs when trying to update media library.

post #6681 of 17125

Maybe your card is worn out. Try to completely erase, I mean all sectors with SD Formatter full format or with HDD Low Level Format Tool.

Then format again to FAT32, copy files, verify the integrity of the copied files with QickSFV or something like that.

post #6682 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarn View Post

Best lines I read from reviews biggrin.gif

honestly, back when it wasnt 100% certain what the deal was with 64 gig microSD cards (and my bank account was empty) I used mp3 for like 2 months. I never noticed any issues in any of my files. I use FLAC now, but I dont know if this mp3 thing has been an ongoing thing or a new thing with latest firmware but I think people just want a reason to complain about it. Of course there will be that smal subset of users with music thats actually affected by the issue but most people should be totaly fine.

For the card itself, I've found that I format the card using the X3, let windows tell me something is wrong and "fix" the card, and THEN do the transfer and everything is peachy. I dont know why this happens, but hey, whatever works.
post #6683 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by subguy812 View Post

I just, out of the blue,  started having sd card issues and never have before. I tried  reformatting to fat32 again but that didn't solve my issues. It will see all of the music when browsing but only part of the music when trying to sort. Also, it now hangs when trying to update media library.

I think you'd want to copy 1/4 of your library over, update library, copy another 1/4 over, update library, rinse repeat. Set your screen off/shutdown time to maximum so its not trying to get any conflicts. I dont recall if that was fixed yet.
post #6684 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimants View Post


honestly, back when it wasnt 100% certain what the deal was with 64 gig microSD cards (and my bank account was empty) I used mp3 for like 2 months. I never noticed any issues in any of my files. I use FLAC now, but I dont know if this mp3 thing has been an ongoing thing or a new thing with latest firmware but I think people just want a reason to complain about it. Of course there will be that smal subset of users with music thats actually affected by the issue but most people should be totaly fine.

For the card itself, I've found that I format the card using the X3, let windows tell me something is wrong and "fix" the card, and THEN do the transfer and everything is peachy. I dont know why this happens, but hey, whatever works.

 

Hmm... So I take it that there is no limits to the amount of folders you can use now in a 64GB card?

post #6685 of 17125
This is a longer tread...

How is good the coaxial output in X3?
Thanks
post #6686 of 17125

Thank you very much for your reply. I have ordered the fiio.

post #6687 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by gattari View Post

This is a longer tread...

How is good the coaxial output in X3?
Thanks

 

Simple answer?

 

Very good and bit perfect.

post #6688 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post

Simple answer?

Very good and bit perfect.
And jitter free? Have anyone measured?
post #6689 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by gattari View Post


And jitter free? Have anyone measured?

 

How do you measure if a digital signal contains jitter? I cannot. But I didn´t find any audible indication so I´m inclined to say that if there´s jitter, it´s probably very, very small. Confirmation would of course be lovely.

post #6690 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post

How do you measure if a digital signal contains jitter? I cannot. But I didn´t find any audible indication so I´m inclined to say that if there´s jitter, it´s probably very, very small. Confirmation would of course be lovely.

Oh dear not this jitter talk AGAIN.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/the-fiio-x3-thread/3105#post_9648653

Here kids, have fun.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.