Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 41

post #601 of 14261

I guess lots of Chinese are readers/members of this forum. I'm one of them.

Personally, I would say the reviews and comments here are more trustworthy than those on the Chinese forum.

It's so easy to hire someone to leave bad/good comments on certain products in China, and as far as I know this is indeed very common marketing strategy. I heard that some people earn a decent income (not the US standard) for doing these things.

post #602 of 14261
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
basshead.gif Really?

 

I know that China has a huge enthusiast audio market. Could Head-Fi actually be 'larger' and more 'established' than those?

 

I think that as the CEO of FiiO, who markets to Chinese and English speaking audiences that you can answer the best?

 

I would have thought other Chinese one would be bigger and more influential than HF?

I used to be on erji quite a bit in the past, but yeah, H-F is much much larger in terms of update speed in the case of new product releases, sheer length of threads, members, "prolific" reviews (you should see how most of the time we just link to reviews over here), discovery of mods and info, etc, etc. You also get quite a larger audience as one of my qualms was regarding how sometimes people over there were even more of a group-think mentality than on H-F.

post #603 of 14261
Quote:
Originally Posted by duyu View Post

I guess lots of Chinese are readers/members of this forum. I'm one of them.

Personally, I would say the reviews and comments here are more trustworthy than those on the Chinese forum.

It's so easy to hire someone to leave bad/good comments on certain products in China, and as far as I know this is indeed very common marketing strategy. I heard that some people earn a decent income (not the US standard) for doing these things.

eek.gif

 

I remember you from the E17 thread. Your username was unique. biggrin.gif Hello Duyu. don't remember, what we talked about over there though. Sorry.

 

Never has it occurred to me that you were from HK. Think there is a HF HK meet ever?

 

Really? Is it that bad on the Chinese forums? HF isn't exactly a beacon where every post can be taken with face value.

post #604 of 14261
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

I used to be on erji quite a bit in the past, but yeah, H-F is much much larger in terms of update speed in the case of new product releases, sheer length of threads, members, "prolific" reviews (you should see how most of the time we just link to reviews over here), discovery of mods and info, etc, etc. You also get quite a larger audience as one of my qualms was regarding how sometimes people over there were even more of a group-think mentality than on H-F.

Oh I see thank you. I can't read Chinese so I never tried to go there and read.

post #605 of 14261
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

basshead.gif Really?

 

I know that China has a huge enthusiast audio market. Could Head-Fi actually be 'larger' and more 'established' than those?

 

I think that as the CEO of FiiO, who markets to Chinese and English speaking audiences that you can answer the best?

 

I would have thought other Chinese one would be bigger and more influential than HF?

 

I am not saying this is always true, but being a forum goer in various Chinese forum leaves me an impression that many Chinese forumer are anti-Made-in-China, or at least not fond of local electronics and very hard to please. I can't blame them as the overall quality of their products have yet to catch up to the first world, but some of them do overreact and often biased without any reason (or maybe they do). It is hard to make a good name in China for local companies. It is like a constant fight for your name.

 

Anyway, battery test finished with high bitrate mp3 and wma, plus a few 24/96 FLAC in between. Volume set at 20/60, driving RE0. Clock in at just a little over 11 hours in total for non-stop continuous playback. FIles are stored in internal memory so maybe the battery will be slightly shorter with TF card, but it is hard to say for sure.


Edited by ClieOS - 4/27/13 at 7:54pm
post #606 of 14261
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

 

I am not saying this is always true, but being a forum goer in various Chinese forum leaves me an impression that many Chinese forumer are anti-Made-in-China, or at least not fond of local electronics and very hard to please. I can't blame them as the overall quality of their products have yet to catch up to the first world, but some of them do overreact and often biased without any reason. It is hard to make a good name in China for local companies.

 

Anyway, battery test finished with high bitrate mp3 and wma, plus a few 24/96 FLAC in between. Volume set at 20/60, driving RE0. Clock in at just a little over 11 hours in total for non-stop continuous playback. FIles are stored in internal memory so maybe the battery will be slightly shorter with TF card, but it is hard to say for sure.

This also applies to many other things.

 

Once when installing a water heater that was good. We (Chinese) were asked by the Chinese gentlemen we were installing it for if it was made in China(as in a bad thing). It wasn't.

 

The food, sauces, quality of the noodle flour we buy is often asked by our relatives if it is Taiwan. (It is, our soy sauce, flour etc are all Taiwanese).

 

So I can definately see that. I just wasn't sure how much it was for audio products.


The front page said this:

 

 

Quote:
Battery Life: 10 hours in Engineer sample and may reach 12-15 hours when the firmware is optimized 

Do you know which version you are running?

 

 

Oh and thanks for the reply. I personally can't read Chinese so it is nice to know 

post #607 of 14261

I have the first retail batch, and it is running on FW01.16betaLX3CN - as you can see it is still a beta firmware and I assume all X3 in the market now are are the same, given that FiiO has yet to release any update so far.

post #608 of 14261
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

Anyway, battery test finished with high bitrate mp3 and wma, plus a few 24/96 FLAC in between. Volume set at 20/60, driving RE0. Clock in at just a little over 11 hours in total for non-stop continuous playback. FIles are stored in internal memory so maybe the battery will be slightly shorter with TF card, but it is hard to say for sure.

Thanks a lot dude, I have been waiting for battery test. I hope with firmware updates we can see over 12 hours easily.

post #609 of 14261

Just measured the line-out to be 1.7Vrms, slight short of the full 2Vrms standard but still far ahead of the typical iPod's 0.55Vrms. That should be good news for those who want to use external amp but I reckon that's is not necessary unless we are talking about E12 into a 600ohm full size or feeding into a desktop rig.

post #610 of 14261
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

Thanks a lot dude, I have been waiting for battery test. I hope with firmware updates we can see over 12 hours easily.

 

yes, we have plan to updated the firmware in the future but not sure how long will be reach, maybe 13 or maybe 15 hours 

post #611 of 14261
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

Thanks a lot dude, I have been waiting for battery test. I hope with firmware updates we can see over 12 hours easily.

yes, we have plan to updated the firmware in the future but not sure how long will be reach, maybe 13 or maybe 15 hours 
Thank you Fiio a great player with a great price , lots of audio files support with a decent battery life, good sound anf still small enough.
Can****t wait. smily_headphones1.gif
post #612 of 14261

Even with less battery life then I'd wanted I can't pass on this player. I'll get a battery pack to carry if I have to,...this baby is MINES!!!

post #613 of 14261
Quote:
Originally Posted by tds101 View Post

Even with less battery life then I'd wanted I can't pass on this player. I'll get a battery pack to carry if I have to,...this baby is MINES!!!

Gollum, is that you?

post #614 of 14261

yes, the power supply of X3 is micro usb so you can use any USB backup power to charge it . hope you guys love this features.

post #615 of 14261
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

yes, the power supply of X3 is micro usb so you can use any USB backup power to charge it . hope you guys love this features.

You do think about every little detail, don't you? I love this FiiO's new DAP family products, X3 and X5.

 

Also, slightly out of topic, when we will have official specs and all about X5?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.