Originally Posted by Stuff Jones
Is there a thread tracking remaining X3 bugs? There are still a few with mine that hopefully will get taken care in a future firmware release. Here are the ones in order of how "bad" they are for me:
1. Slow response going from track to track. Its very annoying because sometimes it doesn't respond so I press more times and then I skip too many tracks.
2. Glitch in the beginning of new song sometimes when selecting a new track. Sometimes the song starts after the first second or two.
3. Return key should return to next level up but sometimes returns all the way back to the home screen, meaning you have to start all over again if you want to listen to another album in that same area of your directory.
4. Slow scroll speed going through albums. Takes forever to scroll through
5. No gapless in browser mode (think this is being addressed)
6. No Category > Artist > Album option. I.E all tracks from the same artist are lumped together. (I think James said this is not going to be changed?)
Anyone else have any other bugs? Maybe once we sort out the remaining bugs James can see if they can be fixed in the future.
Absolutely agree with point #1. I find it esp. bad going back. Many times I overshot a few tracks cause I didn't think the button press actually registered.
Can't say I've noticed any issues with the beginning of songs, although I've read others might have (possibly format related?)
Would also like to see the scroll speed get bumped up a fair bit (possible to add a speed option?)
Otherwise mines been running pretty stable (only ever had one freeze, and that was cause I was screwing round making themes), and I've gotten used to the quirks of the UI. Really can't complain....
Actually I do remember one possible issue. A few of my tracks (flac/alac)seem to make a faint click at times. I don't ever remember the songs having clicks originally, but I could be wrong (I usually end up forgetting which songs, and where they happen, so I can't ever check with the orig. source).
One more off topic question...How are you guys finding your battery life? I'm running all lossless files (some hi-res), and medium brightness, and my runtime seems to be well short of the 10 hrs. Even the LO seems to eat the battery fairly quick (BTW, I forgot what a proper LO sounds like - great job Fiio!) Just looking for some comparisons before I start to think my battery might be bad.
Edited by Mr Trev - 10/9/13 at 8:00pm