Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 36

post #526 of 11772
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkppl View Post

As the first DAP and at that low price, the X3 really looks attractive. However, after reading the news on X5 at the end of that review, the nude run of Fiio's boss  X5 is even more attractive to me tongue_smile.gif

at the cheap price of the X3 for a high spec DAP I dont care about a better one coming out  a few months later - the price of both combined is still cheaper than 1 of the currently available high end DAPs. I will prob keep them both - cant wait to hear the review from clieos !

post #527 of 11772

ugh now i feel like waiting for the X5 Hahaha.. Maybe ill get both atsmile.gif

post #528 of 11772
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

you know what happened in China, BMW sold more 5xx 7xx than 3xx, Benz sold more S class than E class, lol. 

James just a quick question please.

Will the X5 have the same rich files support as X3?

post #529 of 11772

I believe James will give us more info when the correct time comes. But I still prefer to learn a little bit already smily_headphones1.gif

post #530 of 11772
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

James just a quick question please.
Will the X5 have the same rich files support as X3?
Would be pretty weird if it won't.
post #531 of 11772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post


Would be pretty weird if it won't.

Agree, but you never know. Sometimes strange decisions can be made.

post #532 of 11772
Any plans for a DAP without an amp? A thinner version to pair up with my e12 would be great.
post #533 of 11772
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

James just a quick question please.

Will the X5 have the same rich files support as X3?

 

Sure, X5 is based on X3 but improve the DAC and amp section.

post #534 of 11772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atter View Post

Any plans for a DAP without an amp? A thinner version to pair up with my e12 would be great.

 

sorry not!

post #535 of 11772

Talking of thinner versions, any chance of an X1 in the future, to compete with Colorfly C3, HSA N3, Rocco's, etc.? Extra slim and portable with FLAC, gapless and other useful features would definitely sell well, given the awful UI and bugs from competitors.

post #536 of 11772
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyChewingGum View Post

Talking of thinner versions, any chance of an X1 in the future, to compete with Colorfly C3, HSA N3, Rocco's, etc.? Extra slim and portable with FLAC, gapless and other useful features would definitely sell well, given the awful UI and bugs from competitors.

 

 

I hear ya, but X3 is plenty small enough, really. Having owned a DX100 and a RoCoo BA, I concluded that, size-wise, anything in between the 2 of them would be just fine. The X3 fits that bill.

 

Cowon J3 is nice and slim but its amp stage is poor. AK100 is some improvement, but mixed blessings there. iPod classic is about ideal size for me, just rubbish sound quality (unamped).

 

If X3 / X5 sounds decent, I don't mind it's reasonable size.


Edited by Mython - 4/26/13 at 5:06am
post #537 of 11772
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedphonz View Post

at the cheap price of the X3 for a high spec DAP I dont care about a better one coming out  a few months later - the price of both combined is still cheaper than 1 of the currently available high end DAPs.

post #538 of 11772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

 

 

 

 

Cowon J3 is nice and slim but its amp stage is poor.

If you are using IEMs that are sensitive, sure.  But using headphones in the 24-ohm to 64-ohm range, the Cowon players can really push them. 

post #539 of 11772
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

Sure, X5 is based on X3 but improve the DAC and amp section.

Hi James, really sorry for the question bombardment but I couldn't stop myself, X5 will have the same physical dimensions of X3? Or let me ask you something to solve everything for now, when we will have general information about your reference DAP, X5?

post #540 of 11772
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

Hi James, really sorry for the question bombardment but I couldn't stop myself, X5 will have the same physical dimensions of X3? Or let me ask you something to solve everything for now, when we will have general information about your reference DAP, X5?

 

 

 

I hope James won't object to me posting the following quote, Google-translated from Chinese, since it is already clearly public on the Chinese forums (http://erji.net/read.php?tid=1450426):

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

 due to the confidentiality requirements of the official, so I can only disclose the following information: 

1. X5 Price 2K5 or so, is about double the X3. 

X5 PCM1794 chip, support dual TF card, op-amp chip temporarily can not be fixed, 50% larger than X3 thrust is expected. 

3 , X5 X3 width of about 1CM (and the width of the IPC), slightly thinner than the X3 length consistent and X3. 

4 , X5 design is very V587 the rudder-touch button control. Design I had already seen, but now the official requirements of confidentiality, can only reveal so much. 

5 , X5 plans to use IPS screen display is much better than it is now. 

6 , X5 production process is quite basic requirements of IPC and D50. 

UI interface is a new design, not so shabby and X3. 

LO port is still there. 

9 X5 prototype is about to launch in October this year, time to market by the end of the year. 

10 FiiO boss in the group before the end of the year X5 is not officially listed on the streets naked! 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.