^^ Indeed it is.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17 Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Question about hardware in general (Which has certainly been answered before) Last post on 5/22/11 at 8:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- iPhone 3GS SQ help Last post on 7/20/10 at 2:55pm in Portable Source Gear
- FiiO 7 arrived. Hmmm... What am I missing? Last post on 9/14/10 at 5:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Comparison ipod classic rockboxed versus fiio x3 Last post on 11/23/13 at 9:47am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 344
Gear mentioned in this thread:
ANY 5VDC (+/- 5%) charger with at least 500mA will charge your X3 without damaging it. If you have a tablet or a portable console (like the PS Vita) you can use the same charger that came with those units.
Yup, that's correct.
Edited by MrScratch - 9/14/13 at 6:47am
Edited by Vidmaven - 9/14/13 at 7:05am
Just switch the "Gapless" function in the X3's Settings menu on. Then play your tagged files using the X3's Category/Album menu. That's pretty much it.
Synergy between 225i and X3 is quite nice. I've been messing with an impedance adapter in all my setups and in this case it smooths the top end and gives a little more bass texture since I can crank the volume a little.
I don't think that there is a 64gb issue as such. There are two issues which are misleading people into thinking that there are issues with the cards:
1) 64GB must be reformatted to fat32 (surprisingly difficult to do correctly on a Windows machine).
2) Older versions of the firmware couldn't handle more than 256 folders in a folder.
The latter has been fixed in 1.31 so providing that you are confident that you can format the card correctly there is no real reason to hesitate. Any name brand should do. Of course, anyone who knows otherwise, please correct me.
I have found one other issue if you try and index too many new tracks in one go (I had about 3,000) the X3 can run out of memory and crash (or it may just require a very long time to do it and I got too impatient with a blank screen). Providing you don't fill the card with many, many tracks compressed lossily before indexing the whole card in one go this probably won't hit you. Any doubts, just re-index after adding every few hundred tracks or so.
Now it works again.
This is the first time it has happened since i got the thing, and i'm on FW 1.31.
Charging it now
This thing is really impressive , got a few amps / phones to play with , no favorite yet but for the price really impressive
Might try the new firmware but looks like I need an empty card
Plays all file types , no issues
Still happy with the little thing
Is the card currently in the X3? It should allow faster transfer if the card was in a dedicated card reader instead of in a DAP.
if you get an USB 3.0 reader, you get the max speed your USB2.0 ports can handle, or if you've 3.0 ports, it's superfast.
You could also try one from deal extreme.
- The Fiio X3 Thread.
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 13 seconds ago
- › Help for those of us who have hearing imbalance using Asynchronous... 14 seconds ago
- › New member... 1 minute ago
- › Superlux Express Train 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Do you take good headphones with you when you go out? 4 minutes ago
- › Please Recommend me a affordable Headphone/IEM mainly for... 4 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi