Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 342

post #5116 of 12974
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw321 View Post
 

 

I've done this a few times. For me at least, it turns the screen off but continues updating the library until completion. One thing to watch out for though, is if you have a lot of tracks on the SD card the update can crash and you'll need to use the reset switch. I had to split my update in two to get it to work with my thousands of tracks. I.e. I put half of the tracks on the SD card, updated the library, then put the rest on the card and updated again.

 

 

good idea, we are working in the new firmware to see if we can accelerate the update speed .

post #5117 of 12974

Just wanted to say how impressed that I am with the activity level and commitment by James to bring such a great product to market and then stand behind it with changes and updates. 

 

Mine will be here in about two hours. :biggrin:

post #5118 of 12974
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

 

good idea, we are working in the new firmware to see if we can accelerate the update speed .

 

I thought you would be 8^). The problem I had was probably memory related. If it is possible, it would be better to commit the database updates more often if that doesn't slow it down too much. If it had successfully updated a few directories at a time I could have just updated several times and eventually got everything in. As it was, I had to remove and re-copy files from and to the SD card.

 

I guess that this is only a problem if you index a whole SD card with files compressed in a lossy format. Lossless files would reduce the number of tracks, and if you have most of the files already indexed and are just adding a few at a time, then it works perfectly anyway. But I had to index everything in one go because my files weren't indexed by the previous firmware versions.

 

If you can speed up the "All Files" section when you have thousands of files on the card, that would be good too. It's just about fast enough for me but if you don't know that it can take a while to populate the "all files" screen, you might think it has crashed because the screen goes blank and the X3 doesn't respond to the buttons for quite a few seconds.

 

BTW, none of these are big problems for me, I love my X3, but I know you are working hard to make it perfect for everyone.

post #5119 of 12974
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw321 View Post
 

 

I thought you would be 8^). The problem I had was probably memory related. If it is possible, it would be better to commit the database updates more often if that doesn't slow it down too much. If it had successfully updated a few directories at a time I could have just updated several times and eventually got everything in. As it was, I had to remove and re-copy files from and to the SD card.

 

I guess that this is only a problem if you index a whole SD card with files compressed in a lossy format. Lossless files would reduce the number of tracks, and if you have most of the files already indexed and are just adding a few at a time, then it works perfectly anyway. But I had to index everything in one go because my files weren't indexed by the previous firmware versions.

 

If you can speed up the "All Files" section when you have thousands of files on the card, that would be good too. It's just about fast enough for me but if you don't know that it can take a while to populate the "all files" screen, you might think it has crashed because the screen goes blank and the X3 doesn't respond to the buttons for quite a few seconds.

 

BTW, none of these are big problems for me, I love my X3, but I know you are working hard to make it perfect for everyone.

 

 

thanks for your support and feedback, although I tried to answer all the question in here, but it become mission impossible now because we have other babies to take care like E11, E12, E07, E17 and we are woring in the X5 too.

 

anyway, X3 will just need time to update the sond which is changed ( removed or Added in internal or extral TF  ) once it completed the first library upgrading. so it is a solution not to add all the songs in one time ortherwise it will

 

take quite long time to update so many songs at one time.

 

Again, although I had been an software/hardware engineer before, but the last device designed by me was 13 years ago. and now I have not so many time spend in the techincal detail so the best way is send an email to support@fiio.net

 

and our staff will help you guys , and they will also get the answer from engineer if they can't .

post #5120 of 12974
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

What I mean is that there are so many mistake and hard to believe it is provided by a person in this industry. and the logic is total without brain. can we say X3 should be sold in $400 when we add the 192k/24b USB decoded feature in X3 by firmware upgrade? and there are nothing change in BOM cost ( related to hardware ) for a GUI.

 

 

that's why I said that some of it was true :) I totally agree with you - it doesn't sound like something a professional would say...

 

Not regarding this topic, you mentioned even more budget oriented DAP and it would be interesting to hear more about it. it would be great to see something that costs about 100$ and destroys others in this price range, because there aren't that many (except for maybe sansa fuse and some cowons and irivers...)

post #5121 of 12974
You say "WHEN" we add 24/196 dac capabilities. I say IF you add it.

Personally, if that becomes a function in the Fiio, regardless of how counterintuitive i find the navigation stuff, i'd be recommending the crap out of the X3 left and right.
post #5122 of 12974
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post
 

 

 

that's why I said that some of it was true :) I totally agree with you - it doesn't sound like something a professional would say...

 

Not regarding this topic, you mentioned even more budget oriented DAP and it would be interesting to hear more about it. it would be great to see something that costs about 100$ and destroys others in this price range, because there aren't that many (except for maybe sansa fuse and some cowons and irivers...)

 

 

there will have more DAP around $200 pop up in the coming soon, that will be a good thing to all users. :)

post #5123 of 12974

I just received my Fiio X3.

I have only listened to a few tracks but the iBasso T5 connected to line-out beats the internal amp easily. Higher resolution, better imaging and wider soundstage

The headphones out feels to focused on the mids, details aren't perceived the way I am used to and doesn't sound well balanced.

I am used to iBasso D4 and Sansa Clip+. I mostly use RE262 and Earsonics SM3 the last few months.

post #5124 of 12974

James,

Thanks for the email to your support group.  They set me down the right path and I was able to correct the problem.  I gave them a detailed list of actions I took so hopefully this will assist them in the future.  Now that the X3 catalog is clean I have to go clean up my FLAC file structure.  One question, is there a program, prefer Mac OS X based, which will allow me to manage and clean up my files and then be able to auto-load groups of files into the X3?  I have thousands of songs so I usually load a samplings of each genre.

 

Thanks again for the great support.

post #5125 of 12974

Just wanted to chime in to give a couple of quick impressions. I'm impressed with this dap. This sound is dynamic and on the warm side. I was worried that it wouldn't pair well with my gr07mkii BE, but in fact it sounds quite good. The build quality is very nice and the button navigation seems very intuitive to me. 

 

Got to go back and do some more serious listening. Nice job James!! :biggrin:

post #5126 of 12974
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Just wanted to chime in to give a couple of quick impressions. I'm impressed with this dap. This sound is dynamic and on the warm side. I was worried that it wouldn't pair well with my gr07mkii BE, but in fact it sounds quite good. The build quality is very nice and the button navigation seems very intuitive to me. 

Got to go back and do some more serious listening. Nice job James!! biggrin.gif

Right there with ya Matt. If I will someday be able to choose to make the TF card memory the default browsing location, this guy would be perfect.
post #5127 of 12974
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

Comparing the X3 and the DX50 in terms of value for money, let's look at the cost of the components where the DX50 is better than the X3:

 

Fiio X3 is $199
Better AMP section, with dual single high precision opamps: $199+$20 = 219USD
Better housing, $219+$10 = $229
IPS screen,$229+$10 = $239
Touch screen, $239+$15 = $254
OCA bonding $254+$5 = $259
OTG function, $259+$10 = $269
Gain swtich $269+$5 = $274
User replaceable battery $274+$10 = $284
Graphic user interface: $284+$5 = $289
 
Throwing in some $ for the very nice packaging, mini-to-coax cable etc., $299 would have been a fair price for the DX50.
 
(All cost estimates provided by a Chinese friend in the industry)
 
 
. are you saying the dx50 is better then the x3? ima  idiot somedays so perhaps i missunderstood you

Edited by madmonkey - 9/13/13 at 11:44am
post #5128 of 12974

Stupid question. Will be fixed is gapless playback sometime in browser folders?

 

It would be a good thing..

 

Or  happy,  that been working via ----> / Category / album / ?  :)

post #5129 of 12974

Received my X3 today and must say loving it already,inserted my 32g card from my c3 and playing brilliantly out the box with all album art on show,too scared to download new firmware as it all seems great as it is!:gs1000smile:

post #5130 of 12974
Trust me homie, you want the newer fw. Its not like the device is completely broken, far from it. There are just tiny little things that all add up over time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.