Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 339

post #5071 of 17216

ok i think i got it to work if it works ill post results and how i did it

post #5072 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff Jones View Post
 

Can anyone help me with my problem? I formatted my 64GB sandisk card to FAT using GUI format. That worked for my clip zip and for my j3. However when I put the card in the x3 and try to play it says "playback failed, file not found." It also shows that for the music stored on internal memory now too. This is even with the browser. When I take out the card I can play music that is on the X3. 

 

Also, I get a message asking if I want scan and fix the X3 when I plug it into my PC.

 

try to format your card in any android device (eg. phone), serious

post #5073 of 17216
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuff Jones View Post
 

Can anyone help me with my problem? I formatted my 64GB sandisk card to FAT using GUI format. That worked for my clip zip and for my j3. However when I put the card in the x3 and try to play it says "playback failed, file not found." It also shows that for the music stored on internal memory now too. This is even with the browser. When I take out the card I can play music that is on the X3. 

 

Also, I get a message asking if I want scan and fix the X3 when I plug it into my PC.

 

 

 

I had the same problem.  Windows 7 doesn't support the same type of file system in its standard formatting options. And from what people have said on here, you need to set it to 32k clusters.  I formatted mine on the X3 using SD Formatter (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/) and got it to work.


I get the same message when I connect my X3 about scanning and fixing and I just ignore it. The message doesn't come up on Windows XP. 

post #5074 of 17216
http://www.verbatim.com/includes/binary_details.php3?show=1&id=840

The verbatim formatting tool used works too. It was used earlier in this thread, but it seems forgotten now again.
post #5075 of 17216

Was just raging at the X3 - files playing, no sound. Bugs! The I realised I'd plugged in the headphones to the coax! :o

 

In other news, X3 and Westone 4r seems to be something of a killer combo

post #5076 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonkey View Post

i think ill just return this to amazon. same as above my card works in my sansa clip zip.but wont work with the x3.
which cards are you guys using? This is valuable info to both this forum and to James. The 64 gig limitations are something he and his group are trying very hard to solve, so make sure you post here and send a email to support@Fiio.Net with the relevant info.
post #5077 of 17216

there are some main issues about 64g TF card,

 

1, the old firmware limited the maximum quantity of folders to 256 but the 1.31 firmware already fixed this .

 

2, the incorrect format of the TF card, includes

 

    1, not FAT32, 

 

    2, the cluster is too big or too small. 64k is better.

 

 

So we decided to add format features in the new firmware so people can format the TF card by X3, sometime Win7 and MAC OS will format the TF card to some other 

 

format, and some TF card comes with exFAT which is not supported by X3.

 

Anyway, this is not a hardware issue so it can be solve by the new firmware.

post #5078 of 17216

BTW, there are only very few bugs right now, and we are working in some new feature or something that X3 is not support or not so great , like the gapless play, 

 

and cover display ( the new firmware will allow you use any kind of cover files, like names as folder, cover, or song or embedded in the sound track ). 

 

I known the UI looks not so great, but we believe that X3 will become the best mp3 in the detail , for example, X3 only support cover which less than 1M and 1024*1024,

 

but in the future , it may support up to 2048*2048, 

post #5079 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

    2, the cluster is too big or too small. 64k is better.

 

 

ok before i format my card again so i don't run into trouble later....for 32gb tf cards, the cluster size should be 16kb or 32kb james?

post #5080 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

there are some main issues about 64g TF card,

1, the old firmware limited the maximum quantity of folders to 256 but the 1.31 firmware already fixed this .

2, the incorrect format of the TF card, includes

    1, not FAT32, 

    2, the cluster is too big or too small. 64k is better.


So we decided to add format features in the new firmware so people can format the TF card by X3, sometime Win7 and MAC OS will format the TF card to some other 

format, and some TF card comes with exFAT which is not supported by X3.

Anyway, this is not a hardware issue so it can be solve by the new firmware.

James, I highly suggest you look at the Microsoft links I posted. In those links it states that fat32 does not support a cluster size greater than 32k. There are also limitations regarding the size of the file allocation table. I would definitely send those links toyyour engineers for discussion because using a 64k cluster may render the card unreadable by Windows, and that would involve creating your own driver assuming the fat32 partition itself isn't made invalid by a too big cluster. Just keep an eye on the fat32 limitations.
post #5081 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetagaga View Post

ok before i format my card again so i don't run into trouble later....for 32gb tf cards, the cluster size should be 16kb or 32kb james?
look at the table I posted. It will tell you what size to make it. On a 32 gig card you should be fine with a 32k cluster. Same with 64.yoi might be OK with 16k cluster.
post #5082 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimants View Post


James, I highly suggest you look at the Microsoft links I posted. In those links it states that fat32 does not support a cluster size greater than 32k. There are also limitations regarding the size of the file allocation table. I would definitely send those links toyyour engineers for discussion because using a 64k cluster may render the card unreadable by Windows, and that would involve creating your own driver assuming the fat32 partition itself isn't made invalid by a too big cluster. Just keep an eye on the fat32 limitations.

 

thanks, maybe I forget the right number and will confirm with our engineer

post #5083 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimants View Post


look at the table I posted. It will tell you what size to make it. On a 32 gig card you should be fine with a 32k cluster. Same with 64.yoi might be OK with 16k cluster.

 

thanks. ok i have seen the table. but now wonder why you say i should be ok with a 32k cluster when it looks like a 32gb card falls into the first line, which is a 16kb cluster. sorry for coming across a bit noobish but i'm trying to understand here :confused:

 

16,384 MB to 32,767 MB  16 KB
Larger than 32,768 MB   32 KB

Edited by alphabetagaga - 9/12/13 at 8:10am
post #5084 of 17216
It's just a rule of thumb, either will work. I'm using a 32 gig card with 4k cluster right now. And it's not a good card wither, just some crappy class 2 off brand card.
post #5085 of 17216

Tried the X3 out with my T-Peos H-200 and the synergy is better than with the Heir 5.0.  I think the Dark/Dark quality is why the Heir works better with LO to the the RSA Intruder where-as the T-Peos sounds just brilliant right out of the X3.  Has anyone else made the same observation with the H-200?  I am using complt 500's on the t-peos BTW.

ZMF Headphones creates custom orthodynamic headphones. By implementing wood cups, high production tolerances, and truly american handmade quality,...
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.