Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 316

post #4726 of 12912
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

 

there are some main issues people complained about

 

1, some sound track are missing cause by the limit of the total quantity of the folders at the same level .  this already fixed in the new  firmware which should be release soon.

 

2, the limit of gapless playback, will be fixed in the next version after 45 days.

 

3, the disk format of TF card , the exFAT or NTFS may cause some bugs, which should be fixed by added a new feature so people can format the TF card in X3 to make sure the format is correct. 

 

   this feature should be added in next version.

 

4, there are some small distortion in the one channel when play ogg music , still working in this but can't confirm when so far.

 

And as I known, there are not any other DAP which can compete with us in every detail. and please share with me if there are. also remember I am here and listening to what people need and what people complained about.

 

Any news on the implementation of the navigation via "Category --> Artist --> Album" ?

This point, with the 4 mentioned above, is like the remaining MUST HAVE improvement to the X3. Afterwards its UI will be second only to Rockbox (from my point of view)... and I found it a bit to harsh for somebody to label the X3 UI as "primitive", especially if you compare it to C3 and many other other "audiophile" DAPs.

post #4727 of 12912
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic2vic View Post
 

 

Any news on the implementation of the navigation via "Category --> Artist --> Album" ?

This point, with the 4 mentioned above, is like the remaining MUST HAVE improvement to the X3. Afterwards its UI will be second only to Rockbox (from my point of view)... and I found it a bit to harsh for somebody to label the X3 UI as "primitive", especially if you compare it to C3 and many other other "audiophile" DAPs.

if you are referring to my post, I was specifically referring to the Colorfly C4 as "primitive".

post #4728 of 12912

Question: is my X3 dead?

 

Symptoms: blank screen, reset does not restore it and the device will not run a firmware update on a blank (except for the firmware file), fat32-formatted micro SD.

 

I updated to 1.25en without a problem but since the upgrade I would experience an occasional blank screen and the player would get 'stuck.'  I.e. the album art would be frozen and I would be unable to navigate.  Restarting would fix this.  The occasional blank screen I thought might be due to heat (since I am often outdoors in Arizona) but it would come back to life in after a few minutes of letting it rest.

 

It was working normally and the battery was low so I put it on a USB 2.0 charge on a desktop PC but the next morning all I get is a blank screen no matter what I do.  The computer still reads the internal memory but the device just won't run now.

 

an email has been sent to fiio support but am just looking for some possible solutions in case this has happened to anyone else.

 

thanks

post #4729 of 12912
Quote:
Originally Posted by msromike View Post
 

 

This is the third time I have asked you.  

 

Is it true that the player can't index and add files to the database when the file structure is more than two folders deep?

 

1) Is that true?
2) If there are limitations, what exactly are they?
3) If it's true, is a fix planned?

 

Very simple questions.  When I don't get an answer it seems like you are avoiding acknowledging a non-trivial design flaw.

 

I do not feel like buying the player so I can test it to see if it will or will not work.  I think the owner of the company should be able to provide such information.

 

If not, what is this thread for?  So far it is the X3 apologist/fanboy thread.

 

With the current firmware you may encounter some issues while indexing huge music libraries (+30GB) on 64GB microSDXC cards. It's confirmed that if you split your music library in 2 or more folders (it takes 2min) you will be able to browse through your entire music library, however the Categories won't index a single file from the external memory (actually FiiO support suggests this stopgap). Different users confirmed that the FiiO X3 can read more than two folders deep (me included) and I think FiiO support itself suggested this method to browse your library more confortably. Mind that some users reported no issues with 64GB cards so far, if I'm not mistaken.

 

Anyway, I've tested the beta firmware and the problem is SOLVED with both my microSDXC cards (Transcend & SanDisk). You still have to split the library in 2 or more folders but the unit will index every single song in the external memory, filling the Artist/Genre/Album categories. If you can wait for the official release you should be fine.

 

I don't want to appear like one of the fanboys you mentioned but why didn't you send a PM to James first? I'm sure he didn't try to avoid your questions... Just take a look at this thread, it's HUGE! I can hardly keep up with all the posting... I'm sure James is having an hard time, as well.

post #4730 of 12912
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScratch View Post
 

 

With the current firmware you may encounter some issues while indexing huge music libraries (+30GB) on 64GB microSDXC cards. It's confirmed that if you split your music library in 2 or more folders (it takes 2min) you will be able to browse through your entire music library, however the Categories won't index a single file from the external memory (actually FiiO support suggests this stopgap). Different users confirmed that the FiiO X3 can read more than two folders deep (me included) and I think FiiO support itself suggested this method to browse your library more confortably. Mind that some users reported no issues with 64GB cards so far, if I'm not mistaken.

 

Anyway, I've tested the beta firmware and the problem is SOLVED with both my microSDXC cards (Transcend & SanDisk). You still have to split the library in 2 or more folders but the unit will index every single song in the external memory, filling the Artist/Genre/Album categories. If you can wait for the official release you should be fine.

 

I don't want to appear like one of the fanboys you mentioned but why didn't you send a PM to James first? I'm sure he didn't try to avoid your questions... Just take a look at this thread, it's HUGE! I can hardly keep up with all the posting... I'm sure James is having an hard time, as well.

Thank you for detailed answer to my question.  

 

No, a fanboy would have attempted to invalidate my need for a feature that the device does not deliver.  That or they would offer an excuse as to why the device isn't capable of a feature or a strawman argument comparing the device to iTunes or something.

 

Your answer clearly stated what it can and can't do and what fixes are in the next release of firmware.  Who could ask for more than that.

Someone pointed out the forum PM function to me.  Had I known how it works, I certainly would have tried that method after the first or second time I had asked in the public forum.

post #4731 of 12912
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic2vic View Post

Any news on the implementation of the navigation via "Category --> Artist --> Album" ?
This point, with the 4 mentioned above, is like the remaining MUST HAVE improvement to the X3.

I second this motion.

i really want this.

And another thing, if possible and if wanted by many:

When browsing through all tracks, having them ordered by artist/album/cd number/tracknumber

I'm probably asking a bit too much at this moment, but i for one would welcome this very much.

--CH23
post #4732 of 12912

Enjoying my new player but noticed one glitch and one preference:

 

1.  When the player shuts off after the idle period it does not resume to last position on track but goes to menu.  When I actively shut the player down myself, resume is just fine.

 

2.  The screen isn't very bright and this makes it hard to see out of doors.  I suspect this may be a battery saving feature but I'd give up an hour on the battery to better see the screen outside.

 

Otherwise a great player.

post #4733 of 12912
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

got it , but I am worry about that people will lost patience if we can't fix the bugs on time.
@jamesfiio
Doesn't isnt a need to set a deadline.
Just something for end user to expect ★
Definitely better than hearing nothing from the manufacturer.

theres no reason nt to upgrade to e upcoming x5 if fiio can prove it with its strong backup x3

***
Just a suggestion
Possible to add feature like scrolling by alphabets
-using vol up and down button

since theres no function when browsing through the files/titles/artist. Kind of teases to scroll over hundreds folder
Edited by sglords - 9/5/13 at 3:54pm
post #4734 of 12912
Quote:
Originally Posted by sglords View Post


Doesn't isnt a need to set a deadline.
Just something for end user to expect ★
Definitely better than hearing nothing from the manufacturer.

theres no reason nt to upgrade to e upcoming x5 if fiio can prove it with its strong backup x3

***
Just a suggestion
Possible to add feature like scrolling by alphabets

-using vol up and down button

since theres no function when browsing through the files/titles/artist. Kind of teases to scroll over hundreds folder

That is actually a GREAT idea. 


Edited by serious7 - 9/4/13 at 7:32pm
post #4735 of 12912
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASeymour View Post
 

Enjoying my new player but noticed one glitch and one preference:

 

1.  When the player shuts off after the idle period it does not resume to last position on track but goes to menu.  When I actively shut the player down myself, resume is just fine.

 

+1  ---> after the idle period it does not resume to last position on track but goes to menu - fw 1.25 EN

AH! It is bug, not feature ;-) i started fw 1.25

 

Sorry: Resolved - not bug - I am stupid and tired

##########

 

after upgrading fw I did factory reset and forgot set memory play then works fine.

 

that is, here can not be experienced, works fine after set memory play

 

Ki gondolta volna? /Hungarian/ :) - Who would have thought?

OFF: How set the forum timezone?


Edited by mogorva - 9/4/13 at 11:04pm
post #4736 of 12912

OFF: How set the forum timezone?

Click on your username and then click on "Edit account details."

post #4737 of 12912

there are one FiiO's fan, success mod our X3 with WM8741 and some OP amp, someone may interesting to learn how to do that, here is the link about the detail 

 

http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1526248.

 

Sorry I have not time to translate to english. but it is not a difficult work to people have solder skill. 

post #4738 of 12912

Just got my Fiio X3 and am very happy with it. I could live with the current issues and it's actually playing better than some other players with it's current UI.

 

@JamesFiio - Just a few issues/comments though, no biggie though I hope they could be addressed on the next firmware update for better experience:

a.) Folder Play and Shuffle Play option that allows playability by choosing a main folder then plays all the songs that are within it plus the contents of its subfolders.  For example, if a main folder contains subfolders named CD1 and CD2 - the player should give the option to play all songs included within both CD1 and CD2 upon selecting the main folder.  Current folder play only allows playing the contents of a single current subfolder.

 

b.) True gapless play - pause can be definitely felt/heard when ending and starting to a new track.  Cheap players with even weaker proccessing power can do this (Sansa for example) effortlessly then why can't the Fiio X3?

 

Anyway, just these 2 issues are what's really bothering me but nonetheless, I'm happy with Fiio's first effort in the Hi-Fi DAP category.  Keep it up and hopefully these issues can be addressed on the next firmware update. Thanks!


Edited by d m41n man - 9/5/13 at 2:28am
post #4739 of 12912

wow i donno if anyone in malaysia can help do such mod

post #4740 of 12912
Quote:
Originally Posted by d m41n man View Post
 

 

 

b.) True gapless play - pause can be definitely felt/heard when ending and starting to a new track.  Cheap players with even weaker proccessing power can do this (Sansa for example) effortlessly then why can't the Fiio X3?

 

 

In all fairness, Sansa players can not do perfect gapless without the aftermarket Rockbox firmware installed. :smile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.