Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 313

post #4681 of 13284
Quote:
Originally Posted by msromike View Post

Does anyone know if FiOO has a return policy? so one could possibly return it if it didn't work as expected?

Yes they do: be nice or they'll take it back even if you like it.

Also, try spelling FiiO right for once.

post #4682 of 13284
Quote:

 

 

Haters gonna hate! tongue.gif

I have been a member of that website for several years, and yet since I joined there, I have had a few iPods, and they have some nice products if you can get past the bias.wink.gif Are they the best? No, but they are far from the worst.


Actually the website tends to annoy me, I like the name better than the site - they tend to diss much that smacks of an audiophile nature, but I read it from time to time.

 

As to Apple, they have awesome hardware and industrial design. It is the closed nature of their infrastructure and their business model that will keep me from ever buying one of their products.

post #4683 of 13284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

 

 

Haters gonna hate! tongue.gif

I have been a member of that website for several years, and yet since I joined there, I have had a few iPods, and they have some nice products if you can get past the bias.wink.gif Are they the best? No, but they are far from the worst.

 

I realise it wasn't aimed at me, but JFTR, my Apple criticisms are not due to me being an 'Apple hater' - up until Jobs' passing, I generally had respect for Apple's product innovation (even if a lot of the underlying technology was innovated by others), but my issue is more with their self-serving bias towards restricting many viable consumer features. It's their attitude towards handcuffing their customers and treating them like sheep that I take exception to, and therefore I cringe when I see smaller vendors anonymously citing (or following) Apple design decisions/ethos.

 

No hating involved, just (what I personally consider to be) legitimate design / ethos criticisms.

 

 

Anyone who digs back through the past few months in the X3 and X5 threads will see that I have been very supportive towards James/Fiio, but I reserve the right to openly question recent revelations about design decisions on the X5, for example. I feel Fiio are drifting perilously close to the fine line that Apple have repeatedly overstepped, hence my being rather vocal about my disappointment over certain Fiio design decisions, recently.

 

We all have our different standpoints.

post #4684 of 13284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

 

I realise it wasn't aimed at me, but JFTR, my Apple criticisms are not due to me being an 'Apple hater' - up until Jobs' passing, I generally had respect for Apple's product innovation (even if a lot of the underlying technology was innovated by others), but my issue is more with their self-serving bias towards restricting many viable consumer features. It's their attitude towards handcuffing their customers and treating them like sheep that I take exception to, and therefore I cringe when I see smaller vendors anonymously citing (or following) Apple design decisions/ethos.

 

 

 

I do too, especially when they misinterpret the original Apple intent. wink.gif

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

Anyone who digs back through the past few months in the X3 and X5 threads will see that I have been very supportive towards James/Fiio, but I reserve the right to openly question recent revelations about design decisions on the X5, for example. I feel Fiio are drifting perilously close to the fine line that Apple have repeatedly overstepped, hence my being rather vocal about my disappointment over certain Fiio design decisions, recently.

 

We all have our different standpoints.

 

I'm having some reservations about some of their decisions as well. For example....this talk of trying to implement USB OTG and DSD playback on the X3. Bad idea!

 

Rather than trying to implement even more complexity into a new device that is still a bit on the buggy side by many accounts, I think they would be better suited to sorting out the existing issues first. Save the OTG and DSD stuff for the X5. 

post #4685 of 13284
Quote:
Originally Posted by msromike View Post

 

You don't need to listen to music at all, right?  So if the X3 doesn't work for you then you have issues?

 

These inane FiOO apologists make this forum close to useless.  The majority of valid concerns are shot down by half a dozen "experts" that explain why the X3 is just fine, and if there is any problem it is because of the way the person unplugged it, the way  the person organized their music, that the person wants something that is not needed, etc.

And all that does is filter the forum members from James/FIOo because he doesn't need to respond because he has the apologists acting as a buffer.

 

If you have a solution let's hear it, otherwise be quiet.

 

All I said was allowing external hard drive support is useless.  The original product description never said or claimed that it will be supported. The underlying message was that FiiO should focus on fixing real bugs instead of putting in useless features. 

 

Where did I say I don't need to listen to music at all? 

post #4686 of 13284

For me the main feature with adding OTG would be the possibility to use an usb dac but I also agree that making the player work as it should for customers who allready own it has to be top priority.

post #4687 of 13284
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

All I said was allowing external hard drive support is useless.  The original product description never said or claimed that it will be supported. The underlying message was that FiiO should focus on fixing real bugs instead of putting in useless features. 
.............

Nobody said that fixing current bugs is not important. But that does not mean that new features should not be added. As examples: 1) Rockbox took several years to remove bugs and get to what it is now, and it is still improving and adding new features; 2) both Android and IOS keep improving and adding new features at the same time. Edit for another example: Apple had a hardware problem with some power or home buttons failing, they ADDED virtual controls to fix that.

We are fine with it, if things take time to improve and develop. But just don't stop prematurely and label new ideas as "useless". USB OTG may be useless to some, but to others it could be VERY useful. We are all entitled to our opinions, but let us not call others' idea "useless".
Edited by zzffnn - 9/3/13 at 1:21pm
post #4688 of 13284
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzffnn View Post


Nobody said that fixing current bugs is not important. But that does not mean that new features should not be added. As examples: 1) Rockbox took several years to remove bugs and get to what it is now, and it is still improving and adding new features; 2) both Android and IOS keep improving and adding new features at the same time.

We are fine with it, if things take time to improve and develop. But just don't stop prematurely and label new ideas as "useless". USB OTG may be useless to some, but to others it could be VERY useful. We are all entitled to our opinions, but let us not call others' idea "useless".

If you read Jame's response, you can tell that even he is somewhat calling it useless.

 

"OK, it may take a whole day to update the music library if someone connect X3 with a 2T or 3T hard disk, I don't think it is a good idea :) 

 

people need to know the music library is created by iTune in PC, but not in iPod/iPHone, so there may only very few people will like to try this. also don't forget each time you plug or unplug

 

the hard disk, the DAP have to update again, that is why iPod/iPhone never support extra TF/SD card."


Edited by serious7 - 9/3/13 at 1:24pm
post #4689 of 13284
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

If you read Jame's response, you can tell that even he is somewhat calling it useless.


"OK, it may take a whole day to update the music library if someone connect X3 with a 2T or 3T hard disk, I don't think it is a good idea smily_headphones1.gif 

 



people need to know the music library is created by iTune in PC, but not in iPod/iPHone, so there may only very few people will like to try this. also don't forget each time you plug or unplug



 



the hard disk, the DAP have to update again, that is why iPod/iPhone never support extra TF/SD card."



But
1) James did not call USB OTG "useless"; and
2) After reading my posts (which showed that OTG can read 2TB within 3 mins), James indicated that he was not aware of how fast OTG can run, and he would ask Fiio's engineer to look into it (why would he waste his employees time, if it is "useless" as you called it?) See James' post #4660 on page 311. Yes, there may be issues with big external hard drives, but useful or not is highly debatable. I am glad we have James as Fiio CEO, in stead of Mr. "serious7" :-p
post #4690 of 13284

This is what every DAP being released right now currently out wants to be:

 

 

 

This is what every thread about a DAP right now wants with additional X Y and Z stuff added. Ext HDD support, 8X parallel DAC's, huge battery life, rockbox UI, multiple outputs, balanced levels,256 digital stepped, high output. For less than $300

post #4691 of 13284

James, as much as it pain to not share the info and progress to the community, you should really stop talking about them any furthere. Regardless of what you / your team can come up with or add on to the new player, unavoidably there will be someone who is going unhappy because what (s)he wanted isn't included. Lets just wait till the final spec is confirmed and published, then people can decide whether it is a player they can live with or not.

 

In fact, let focus on fixing all the bugs on X3 first.


Edited by ClieOS - 9/3/13 at 7:54pm
post #4692 of 13284
Quote:

Regardless of what you / your team can come up with or add on to the new player, unavoidably there will be someone who is going unhappy because what (s)he wanted isn't included. Lets just wait till the final spec is confirmed and published, then people can decide whether it is a player they can live with or not.

 

 

One thing which really makes a difference between Fiio and other amp/dap manufacturer is that someone is actually talking to us, potential customers. I don't share the specs for my ideal DAP but I like the idea that I could. I like the possibility to voice my ideas, that I could, somewhat, be part of the creation. It makes me feel Fiio cares.

 

Yes, "unavoidably there will be someone who is going unhappy because what (s)he wanted isn't included". That's true for every single product and service on earth - except maybe bespoke suits and custom in-ears. Is this a reason not to talk to each other?


Edited by DeepGroove - 9/3/13 at 8:12pm
post #4693 of 13284

i think communication is good.. avoiding communication will only create more negative impact...there are people who complain but there are also people who appreciate. :)

post #4694 of 13284
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepGroove View Post
 

 

One thing which really makes a difference between Fiio and other amp/dap manufacturer is that someone is actually talking to us, potential customers. I don't ask for specs but I like the idea that I could. I like the possibility to voice my ideas, that I could, somewhat, be part of the creation. It makes me feel Fiio cares.

 

Yes, "unavoidably there will be someone who is going unhappy because what (s)he wanted isn't included". That's true for every single product and service on earth - except maybe bespoke suits and custom in-ears. Is this a reason not to talk to each other?

 

Talking is fine  - but the point of communication is so that we can understand each other idea and position. Right now it is much less of a two way communication but James letting us know some possibility and many start fighting over each others and worst, demanding a player to turn into what it isn't meant to be. That's not helpful, to FiiO or to us. It is either James stop throwing us bone and pieces, or asking everyone to be reasonable - I am not sure the later is easier.

 

p/s: I know what I have said is unpopular, but someone has to say it.


Edited by ClieOS - 9/3/13 at 8:24pm
post #4695 of 13284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

p/s: I know what I have said is unpopular, but someone has to say it.

 

I am glad you did! I understand your point - but hey, customers have the right to dream, and I'm sure James knows how to separate the wheat from the chaff. There are some good ideas too!

And even if the iPhone has only a day of battery, we are still a lot to buy it and be happy with it :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.