or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 306

post #4576 of 17162
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


you can't have a folder in a folder in a folder in a folder.
SD root-> folder -> folder in folder -> folder in folder -> audio.flac
that can't be read because the file is too many levels(folders) deep.

root -> folder -> folder in folder -> audio.flac
This could and should work.

on my X3 i have the following structure:
Root-> ARTIST -> ALBUM -> TRACKS.flac

Okay i understand. What I don't know is how I can tell if there are too many levels and what I did to cause this, if this is indeed the issue I am having, which I will admit sounds perfectly plausible. Is there some way i can eliminate some levels and shorten up my paths so that all the files show when I access them through Categories/Album?

 

BTW, thanks so much to CH23 and everybody else for all of your help and patience, it is greatly appreciated.

 

To James;

 

I don't want you to think I am unhappy with my X3. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am just trying to feel my way through as i do not have an awful lot of experience with this type of thing. Most of the issues I am having are of my own volition and not any fault of FiiO or the X3 directly. The X3 is a fine product, no doubt, and I am confident that you and your team will iron out all of the minor bugs in due time.

post #4577 of 17162
Quote:
Originally Posted by good sound View Post

Okay i understand. What I don't know is how I can tell if there are too many levels and what I did to cause this, if this is indeed the issue I am having, which I will admit sounds perfectly plausible. Is there some way i can eliminate some levels and shorten up my paths so that all the files show when I access them through Categories/Album?

BTW, thanks so much to CH23 and everybody else for all of your help and patience, it is greatly appreciated.

easiest way is to create a seperate folder per artist, and a sub folder for the album.
This way you can browse as easy with categories>album as with "browse files".

I'm very happy to help, Head-Fi has given me so much good advice, i'm glad i can give back smily_headphones1.gif
post #4578 of 17162

Unfortunately, the X3 has been a disappointment in regards to everything except sound quality.

The UI is bad and missing some key features (playlists or even one dynamic playlist being the biggest one for me, coming from rockbox).

The X3 gets really hot after about 20 minutes of usage, pretty inconvenient in the summer.

Some issues with 64GB SD cards (haven't tried it myself yet).

 

Let's hope that maybe future firmwares will deal with these issues.

post #4579 of 17162
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustt View Post

Unfortunately, the X3 has been a disappointment in regards to everything except sound quality.
The UI is bad and missing some key features (playlists or even one dynamic playlist being the biggest one for me, coming from rockbox).
The X3 gets really hot after about 20 minutes of usage, pretty inconvenient in the summer.
Some issues with 64GB SD cards (haven't tried it myself yet).

Let's hope that maybe future firmwares will deal with these issues.

I'd say you're being extremely harsh.
This is Fiio's first DAP, with such complex firmware.
they are working on it, and they've worked on it.
I don't see why the UI is bad, it's very simple, and quite complete.
64GB cards work good as far as i have read in this thread.
Yes there are functions that need to be fixed, and you could easily note this, ask this.

If Fiio doesn't know about things missing, they can't add it.
So keep reporting bugs, and asking for things that you find missing, but do it respectful please.
post #4580 of 17162

If only Rockbox would be available for the X3.

post #4581 of 17162

64GB micro card and MAC users:

 

Original post deleted.  

 

If you get a 64GB card, it must be re-formatted to FAT32.  For us MAC users, go into applications>utilities>disk utilities.  Select the Erase option, and change the format to MS-DOS then select erase.  There is no format command under disk utilities.  It will come out as FAT32, with all GB still available (and of course everything erased).


Edited by cglenn - 9/1/13 at 5:18pm
post #4582 of 17162
Formatted to Fat32?
post #4583 of 17162
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


easiest way is to create a seperate folder per artist, and a sub folder for the album.
This way you can browse as easy with categories>album as with "browse files".

I'm very happy to help, Head-Fi has given me so much good advice, i'm glad i can give back smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, like I said I'm a bit of a computer noob, but I'll try to figure out how to accomplish what you are suggesting. I'm still not sure how i am getting all these levels. I rip a CD or DVD-Audio to a single file in My Music and then I send it to the X3, that's it.

post #4584 of 17162
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustt View Post


The X3 gets really hot after about 20 minutes of usage, pretty inconvenient in the summer.

 

By design "audiophile" DAPs do have issues with battery life and heat, kind of like the kind of heavier cooling systems you'd need to manage a V8 or V12 engine, or a 4cyl/6cyl with high performance turbochargers (and an intercooler on top of the larger aluminum rad). Still, even if the E07K and E11 weren't designed to be pocketed, if by "really hot" you mean it's way beyond just discomfort, there might be something wrong with that unit already.

 

That said, when I had a loaner DX100 I went around the tables during a meet, so between the first set-up and the next I just put the DX100 in my bag without putting it to sleep while waiting for my turn. When I pulled it out, the DX100 was close to scalding, even my (metal-body) camera in the adjacent compartment was warm to the touch. If it's just at discomfort levels in one's pockets, it should be fine in a bag (assuming you'd already have one; most other people don't like lugging one around), but the DX100 won't fit any of my pants to begin with. 


Edited by ProtegeManiac - 9/1/13 at 8:09pm
post #4585 of 17162

The X3 gets really hot after about twenty minutes of use? Huh? What are you doing with it? I walk around outside in the heat for over an hour, the X3 playing the whole time and it's never gotten warmer to the touch than the ambient temperature of my surroundings and I keep it in it's silicone skin at all times. Has anyone else had an issue with their X3 getting really hot?

post #4586 of 17162

Can I connect my X3 to my home entertainment center while still using the onboard DAC?  That means, I think, that I can't use the coax out, and my av tuner doesn't have a single jack "aux in."  I tried a y-splitter from the line out into a pair of analog audio rca inputs, but the sound was distorted (X3 gain adjustment had no effect).

post #4587 of 17162
Quote:
Originally Posted by cglenn View Post

Can I connect my X3 to my home entertainment center while still using the onboard DAC?  That means, I think, that I can't use the coax out, and my av tuner doesn't have a single jack "aux in."  I tried a y-splitter from the line out into a pair of analog audio rca inputs, but the sound was distorted (X3 gain adjustment had no effect).

 

Did you try a different cable? That one (unless it works with other devices properly) might have something wrong with the conductors. In any case, did you check if the receiver has a spare coax input?

post #4588 of 17162

I tried this also, and the sound is less than satisfying... you should add a separate dac with coaxial input in between so to connect the two.
 

post #4589 of 17162

Its become warm but not to the extend hot

post #4590 of 17162

Well it gets hot - I'm just being picky here.

Regarding firmware, I think it is wrong in this day and age to be writing your own OS anyway. Rather take something like Android and have your developers writing drivers instead of an entire OS - like for example, Cowon are doing.

Just because it's audiophile doesn't mean it should be inconvenient.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.