Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 295

post #4411 of 12999
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

yes, the new firmware will supports the gapless playback without Tags . all we need is time .

Great news! Many thanks! I want to order X5 already
post #4412 of 12999
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

yes, the new firmware will supports the gapless playback without Tags . all we need is time .

Take all the time you need, this audio player is getting better and better with every update biggrin.gif
post #4413 of 12999

Thank You for reply
 

post #4414 of 12999
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

yes, the new firmware will supports the gapless playback without Tags . all we need is time .

That is GREAT NEWS James! Can't wait for that feature.
post #4415 of 12999

Play Mode:  Can I get the unit to play one song then stop and not go to the next title? I don't expect so, as I've never seen a media player be able to do that, but it is my preference.

 

Battery:  Since there is no percent charge information, how accurate is the indicator?  Is it like a fuel tank; goes slow at first, then at about half way, the charge indicator disappears faster?

 

Is it the kind of battery that it is best not to go under about 15% charge?  At what minimum point on the indicator should I try to not go?

post #4416 of 12999
Quote:
Originally Posted by cglenn View Post

Play Mode:  Can I get the unit to play one song then stop and not go to the next title?

 

Yes you can, mine was doing that and I just changed the play mode setting.


Edited by 7keys - 8/22/13 at 11:33am
post #4417 of 12999

Hmm, I tried normal (also referred to one cycle on page 7 of the user manual), single repeat, and repeat all.  I know shuffle won't do it.  Normal just goes to the next title.  Single repeat repeats that one title, and of course repeat all plays the next title too.  Which Play Mode did you use?

post #4418 of 12999
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyb48 View Post

Hi,

Just wondering if the HiFiman RE-400's would go well with the X3?

I listen to Electronic, New Age and Classic Rock.

Reason I ask is that they are £24 cheaper this week than last week when I nearly bought a pair.

Mike.


When I received the Fiio X3 and listened I was bit dissapointed because it did not sound as nice as hoped for. After 25 hours of burn in it was even less good. Now it has been playing about 50 hours, mainly Isotek burn-in tracks on repeat and electonic dance music.

The genres I listen to mostly vary from chamber music, world music to electronic dance music. With chamber music my reference is live in the concert hall, so tonally I want my player to be accurate.

I like my equipment to reproduce the music fluid, fast, transparant, detailed from deep lows to highs (without being analytical), lifelike and pleasant. Guess what, combined with the Hifiman's RE-400 it is very enjoyable now and accurate. But I suspect that 50 to 100 burn in more will let the X3 shine even more.

Just my 2 cents and ymmv.

 

rudi

post #4419 of 12999
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

yes, the new firmware will supports the gapless playback without Tags . all we need is time .

 

Will any version of future firmware support a directory structure more than 2 levels deep?

post #4420 of 12999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudivanb View Post
 

...

 

I like my equipment to reproduce the music fluid, fast, transparant, detailed from deep lows to highs (without being analytical), lifelike and pleasant. Guess what, combined with the Hifiman's RE-400 it is very enjoyable now and accurate. But I suspect that 50 to 100 burn in more will let the X3 shine even more.

 

...

OK, I am new to the head-fi game so I have a question.  How do those microchip and digital op-amps start processing the 1s and 0s differently after the components have aged?

post #4421 of 12999

I am also using Hifiman Re-400's with my X3. The combination is certainly good. The X3 drives them well. I have had the X3 for just under two weeks now and only have about 10 hours on it so it may still need some time for it's sound to fully flesh out.

 

I did use the RE-400's with my previous player (Creative Zen) and I have to admit that so far I have to say that my impressions of the Hifiman buds are not as enthusiastic as many here and elsewhere. Initially I tried to tell myself that they are not light in the bass, but I'm sorry they are and significantly so. I don't want a bass heavy earphone but I certainly want one that provides impact in the lower register and so far the RE-400's just don't deliver in this area. I have the bass adjustment control of my X3 set to plus 5 and I'm still not getting acceptable output in the lower registers. I have experimented with various different tips for the Re-400's and I have managed to get a good fit with a very good seal so it's definitely not a matter of fit. I have owned several IEM's over the years and I think I have the know how to obtain a proper fit. Now to keep things in their proper context the previous earphones I used were Shure SE215's which have a reputation of being very bass heavy, yet I certainly did not find them to be so. Full and robust in the bass yes, but bass heavy, no. Monster Turbines are what I consider overly bass heavy earphones. I do also have some other issues regarding the 400's and it appears by the almost universal praise  these ear buds have received that I may be the only one, so maybe I just don't appreciate their neutrality and simply prefer a more coloured sound, but enough about the 400's as this is a FiiO X3 thread.

 

I know that this player costs only two hundred bucks, which should preclude it form any seriously lofty expectations, but I still have to say that I have mixed feelings about the FiiO's performance overall so far. It does sound better than my old Zen no question, but surprisingly the gap is much smaller than I would have liked or expected even at this price level. Maybe this performance anomaly should not be as much of a surprise as it is, as the Zen was a fairly highly regarded MP3 player, sound quality wise in it's day, plus the bulk of the files I listened to on the Zen, and the X3 as well of course, are Hi-rez uncompressed Wav files which the Zen accepted. Maybe it's just a matter of break in but I have never owned a piece of electronics who's sound changed that dramatically even with considerable break in time, speakers excluded of course. It would seem that I will need something of much higher quality and unfortunately much higher cost to meet my expectations and that sadly is just not in the budget right now. I have heard others make similar claims about the sound quality of other high-end DAP's such as the AK100. In the interest of full disclosure I have not heard any of the other so-called hi-end DAP's for comparison. I only have my Zen and my daughters i-Pod touch 4th Gen. for comparisons.

 

My Zen was in the beginning stages of giving up the ghost so i needed a replacement in any event and the X3 is certainly a very good product. In it's price range I'm sure it's in the top five sound quality wise of portable music playback devices, I just don't feel, at this juncture at least, that it's the giant killer so many of us had hoped, incorrectly and unfairly probably, it would be. I have none of the issues with it's user interface that many here have expressed and it certainly appears to be more reliable than my old Zen, time will tell difinitively if this bears out, so I will continue to use and enjoy it, at least until the X5 hits the shelves.

post #4422 of 12999
Quote:
Originally Posted by good sound View Post

I am also using Hifiman Re-400's with my X3. The combination is certainly good. The X3 drives them well. I have had the X3 for just under two weeks now and only have about 10 hours on it so it may still need some time for it's sound to fully flesh out.

 

I did use the RE-400's with my previous player (Creative Zen) and I have to admit that so far I have to say that my impressions of the Hifiman buds are not as enthusiastic as many here and elsewhere. Initially I tried to tell myself that they are not light in the bass, but I'm sorry they are and significantly so. I don't want a bass heavy earphone but I certainly want one that provides impact in the lower register and so far the RE-400's just don't deliver in this area. I have the bass adjustment control of my X3 set to plus 5 and I'm still not getting acceptable output in the lower registers. I have experimented with various different tips for the Re-400's and I have managed to get a good fit with a very good seal so it's definitely not a matter of fit. I have owned several IEM's over the years and I think I have the know how to obtain a proper fit. Now to keep things in their proper context the previous earphones I used were Shure SE215's which have a reputation of being very bass heavy, yet I certainly did not find them to be so. Full and robust in the bass yes, but bass heavy, no. Monster Turbines are what I consider overly bass heavy earphones. I do also have some other issues regarding the 400's and it appears by the almost universal praise  these ear buds have received that I may be the only one, so maybe I just don't appreciate their neutrality and simply prefer a more coloured sound, but enough about the 400's as this is a FiiO X3 thread.

 

I know that this player costs only two hundred bucks, which should preclude it form any seriously lofty expectations, but I still have to say that I have mixed feelings about the FiiO's performance overall so far. It does sound better than my old Zen no question, but surprisingly the gap is much smaller than I would have liked or expected even at this price level. Maybe this performance anomaly should not be as much of a surprise as it is, as the Zen was a fairly highly regarded MP3 player, sound quality wise in it's day, plus the bulk of the files I listened to on the Zen, and the X3 as well of course, are Hi-rez uncompressed Wav files which the Zen accepted. Maybe it's just a matter of break in but I have never owned a piece of electronics who's sound changed that dramatically even with considerable break in time, speakers excluded of course. It would seem that I will need something of much higher quality and unfortunately much higher cost to meet my expectations and that sadly is just not in the budget right now. I have heard others make similar claims about the sound quality of other high-end DAP's such as the AK100. In the interest of full disclosure I have not heard any of the other so-called hi-end DAP's for comparison. I only have my Zen and my daughters i-Pod touch 4th Gen. for comparisons.

 

My Zen was in the beginning stages of giving up the ghost so i needed a replacement in any event and the X3 is certainly a very good product. In it's price range I'm sure it's in the top five sound quality wise of portable music playback devices, I just don't feel, at this juncture at least, that it's the giant killer so many of us had hoped, incorrectly and unfairly probably, it would be. I have none of the issues with it's user interface that many here have expressed and it certainly appears to be more reliable than my old Zen, time will tell difinitively if this bears out, so I will continue to use and enjoy it, at least until the X5 hits the shelves.

you can always sell the x3 an try the dx50. it's almost the same price, maybe that will sound better for you?

post #4423 of 12999
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

DOA means Dead on Arrival. 

 

Please wait for a response from the correct channels. MP4Nation AND FiiO before trying little science experiments or asking questions for alternative fixes. Because why go for alternative ones when the primary channel is easiest. 

 

If you want to, you can. It's hard as hell to close back up though. I do not know if it will void warranty. But I would only recommend you attempt to open, diagnose, and close it up if you are dilligent and patient. Right now, you do not seem to have patience (no offense) so I would not recommend it. I personally am a pretty patient person already, and was on the border of raging getting the X3 back together.

 

Overall message: We(I) are not device support staff of FiiO's. For problems that don't involve general questions about the unit. Waiting for FiiO support to offer you a solution is the best solution. So please just sit down for the next two days and wait for a responce from market or support @ FiiO. 

The cost to ship it back to MP3Nation was $90. I decided to just open it up and fix it myself.  You were right. It's the battery. the glue is very minimal.  What I also  found shocking is that the device is completely different from ClieOS's.  It doesn't look like I can remove the battery connector easily? Take a look at the photos below.  There is a metal bar on top of it that is preventing me from removing it. Do you have the same thing bowei? If it is not easily replaceable then I am disappointed because James mentioned a while back that it will be. Ugh. 

 

 

post #4424 of 12999
Just tried AT CLR100 iem's with the X3 and I'm really impressed. When I first got the CLR100's I hated them with Clip+ and iPod 5.5. Sounded sluggish with bloated bass. They are completely transformed with X3. Perhaps they're harder to drive than expected? Or maybe they're just more broken in? Whatever the reason, they are great with the X3.

At $14 a pair, I wonder why there isn't more talk about them on Head-fi? Has anyone else tried them yet?
post #4425 of 12999

Do any X3 owners also own the C3/BH2 combo to do a comparison? Would the X3 be an upgrade, downgrade, or a sideways move to a different sound signature?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.