or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 272

post #4066 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithaliens View Post

 

Posts like the above make me curious that they don't mention using the built-in bass and treble adjustments to offset any perceived imbalances in the tonal spectrum.  Does the bass control effect more the mid-bass or the lower-bass? And same with the treble control; it is just the upper treble that is effected or more high-mid and up?

There was a graph somewhere in this thread posted earlier.

Bass affects more of lower bass but eats into mid bass as well.

Whether this is a good thing depends on ur IEM's bass response frequency.

post #4067 of 17129

has been getting lot of system not response for today...

 

i let the machine auto power off after idle and when want to wake it up...cannot wake up and have to push the reset button. any ideas this could be machine related or everyone facing the same?

post #4068 of 17129
Getting the same issue here too. Needs to be reset after 2-3 days.
post #4069 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by doki81 View Post

has been getting lot of system not response for today...

 

i let the machine auto power off after idle and when want to wake it up...cannot wake up and have to push the reset button. any ideas this could be machine related or everyone facing the same?

I have had the same issue with the X3 not waking up, especially for the first boot up in the morning.

 

Somehow, in my case, it wakes up fine after I wait a few minutes and try again, or I take the SD card out and put back in (not sure if it is helping, or just waiting is good enough).

 

I thought I was doing something wrong, like pressing the power button too many times. If I am not the only one experiencing this problem then I would like Fiio to investigate it. So far it wakes up fine after a couple of tries, but I am worried that eventually it stops working completely.

post #4070 of 17129

I got almost no trouble.

sometimes the "TAC TAC" of power being cut off or put back on, will not work and make a X3 with everything working but no sound.  ^_^

 turning it off and on again solved the problem all 3 times this happened to me. I never had to use the reset.

 

it seems to happen when the dap stopped playing for a while, but has not yet turned off. trying to use it at that moment seems to be the only way to make it bug. but as I said it happened only 3 times, when I try to do it several times a day to see if I could find a routine to this peculiar problem.

so in the end I have a really stable X3.

 

 

 

my real problem with X3 is more about how I use it:

if I'm selecting a song and play it, I can go back into the navigation tree one step at a time (for example song, then all the songs of the album, then all the albums of one artist then all the artists) and it is very convenient to navigate with the top left button. 

but if I go tweak the EQ with a long press on the top left button, and come back to the song with one more press. then the top left button will now always bring me back to the main menu, short or long press. so if I just wanted to get another album of the same artist, I have to do all the artist/album/song navigation from the start, instead of going back twice and picking my album.

I wish a short press on the top left would always go back up one step above in the navigation tree starting from the song, and not the last place we navigated into, and a long press would always go to the menu. there is no interest in having the short and long press going to the same place in some situations.

 

dunno if I'm clear.

post #4071 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post

I got almost no trouble.

sometimes the "TAC TAC" of power being cut off or put back on, will not work and make a X3 with everything working but no sound.  ^_^

 turning it off and on again solved the problem all 3 times this happened to me. I never had to use the reset.

 

it seems to happen when the dap stopped playing for a while, but has not yet turned off. trying to use it at that moment seems to be the only way to make it bug. but as I said it happened only 3 times, when I try to do it several times a day to see if I could find a routine to this peculiar problem.

so in the end I have a really stable X3.

 

 

 

my real problem with X3 is more about how I use it:

if I'm selecting a song and play it, I can go back into the navigation tree one step at a time (for example song, then all the songs of the album, then all the albums of one artist then all the artists) and it is very convenient to navigate with the top left button. 

but if I go tweak the EQ with a long press on the top left button, and come back to the song with one more press. then the top left button will now always bring me back to the main menu, short or long press. so if I just wanted to get another album of the same artist, I have to do all the artist/album/song navigation from the start, instead of going back twice and picking my album.

I wish a short press on the top left would always go back up one step above in the navigation tree starting from the song, and not the last place we navigated into, and a long press would always go to the menu. there is no interest in having the short and long press going to the same place in some situations.

 

dunno if I'm clear.


I agree with you - from the now playing screen I would love to be able to consistently navigate back one step back to all of the songs in the album, etc. as well.  It's a feature I often use on other devices that support it.

post #4072 of 17129

I'm starting to think the X3 is "buggy" at this stage - a lot of the posts are UI related questions/usual allotment of requests...is anybody using it without issues?

post #4073 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post

my real problem with X3 is more about how I use it:

if I'm selecting a song and play it, I can go back into the navigation tree one step at a time (for example song, then all the songs of the album, then all the albums of one artist then all the artists) and it is very convenient to navigate with the top left button. 

but if I go tweak the EQ with a long press on the top left button, and come back to the song with one more press. then the top left button will now always bring me back to the main menu, short or long press. so if I just wanted to get another album of the same artist, I have to do all the artist/album/song navigation from the start, instead of going back twice and picking my album.

I wish a short press on the top left would always go back up one step above in the navigation tree starting from the song, and not the last place we navigated into, and a long press would always go to the menu. there is no interest in having the short and long press going to the same place in some situations.

 

dunno if I'm clear.

 

You are perfectly clear...and that's the main reason I'm selling mine.  I am a UI hardo and it simply frustrates me to no end with all of the inconsistencies.  It sounds good, but as I mentioned before, I believe the iPod Touch (5th Gen) pairs better with my M100s.  Couple that with a horrible interface, and there are just too many negatives for me to deal with.  Might be nit picking but UI design is probably the second most important thing for me when deciding if I like a particular device.  So if anyone wants one and wants to save a few bucks, hit up the B/S/T forum. Got one listed.

post #4074 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

I'm starting to think the X3 is "buggy" at this stage - a lot of the posts are UI related questions/usual allotment of requests...is anybody using it without issues?

I don't have any issues with it.
Then again I don't nitpick every minor/little/small issues that pains some of the spoilt kids who wants their way
post #4075 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 

Yep, if X3 doesn't work with your IEM or headphones because the middle amp is then too loud. Get a new amp.

Or attenuate

post #4076 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

I'm starting to think the X3 is "buggy" at this stage - a lot of the posts are UI related questions/usual allotment of requests...is anybody using it without issues?


users just want this feature and that feature to be included in future fw updates. does not mean it is 'buggy' in its current state does it?

post #4077 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

I'm starting to think the X3 is "buggy" at this stage - a lot of the posts are UI related questions/usual allotment of requests...is anybody using it without issues?

Works perfectly for my use case. I bought it to listen to music with at a good SQ. This it does perfectly. I listen either an album at a time (which I am doing via the fie browser) or random shuffling of my 60GB of M4A files - also works perfectly. I do want to be able to browse by tags, and to have it grouped into albums below each artist but that is coming, and probably in the next firmware which is being released any day now. Even if it never comes though, what I have right now is perfectly adequate for my needs, and much better than using my phone through an external DAC/amp. I am extremely pleased with my purchase.

post #4078 of 17129
I have no issues but I realize the ui will not be up to par compared to an apple device or similar. The ui is much better than the hm601 I had a while back and more intuitive than some colorfly player I tested out a few months ago. However the great thing is that James is quite active here and willing to take suggestions from us which is the target audience of the x3 which is something I do value when buying from fiio.
post #4079 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

I'm starting to think the X3 is "buggy" at this stage - a lot of the posts are UI related questions/usual allotment of requests...is anybody using it without issues?

Think about it this way. This here is a discussion forum of the X3. Most that have bought the X3 after seeing this thread will never return back and just lurk. Those that do post, will of course post all their qualms about it.

 

Yes, we know the X3 has UI inconsistencies and quirks to using it.

 

This point and where it fails for each and every individual person is just repeated 5 times a day by 5 new different people who use it 5 different ways. 

 

The UI does have issues, there is no escaping that. However the thing is, most DAP's made by audiophile companies have UI issues. These companies do not have the budget to spend hundreds of millions on UI like Apple does and then sell it for cheaper. 

 

If good UI+sound is what you want, I'm afraid you either need to check out some of the more fancy DAP's from iBasso or AK and see if those UI's fit you(I have been hearing that those have UI issues as well) or buy a pre thunderbolt iPhone/iPod and strap an amp to it.

 

With non mass billion dollar companies like these, there are things you can expect to be different from their counterparts.

post #4080 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Think about it this way. This here is a discussion forum of the X3. Most that have bought the X3 after seeing this thread will never return back and just lurk. Those that do post, will of course post all their qualms about it.

 

Yes, we know the X3 has UI inconsistencies and quirks to using it.

 

This point and where it fails for each and every individual person is just repeated 5 times a day by 5 new different people who use it 5 different ways. 

 

The UI does have issues, there is no escaping that. However the thing is, most DAP's made by audiophile companies have UI issues. These companies do not have the budget to spend hundreds of millions on UI like Apple does and then sell it for cheaper. 

 

If good UI+sound is what you want, I'm afraid you either need to check out some of the more fancy DAP's from iBasso or AK and see if those UI's fit you(I have been hearing that those have UI issues as well) or buy a pre thunderbolt iPhone/iPod and strap an amp to it.

 

With non mass billion dollar companies like these, there are things you can expect to be different from their counterparts.

+1.  Look the $1200 AK120 also have the UI issues as well as the $850 iBasso DX100.  I think the X3's issues are relative minor compared to the DX100.  FiiO's willingness to listen to their customer can not be repeated enough.  I'm sure James and his gang will get it right.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.