or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 263

post #3931 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckfinn View Post

Yesterday I was trying to listen to a Michael Jackson song on my rockboxed iPod.

Would'nt play it (kept trying, play 2seconds, then stop for 2, then start again....)

I noticed it's a 160megabytes flac.

I had to convert it to a 44100 sampling rate to get it to work.

 

...................Would the X3 play those files?

 

Thanks.

 

X3 should play it without problem.

post #3932 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

we are working in this issue but it take time to fix it , and unfortunately we still have not simulate the same problem by ourself. it is quite strange and there are not Chinese user reported it to us. maybe we can work together to figure out what condition should cause this issue.

 

and before that, please make sure,

 

1, format the 64g/32g TF card to fat32.

 

2, upgraded the music library first.

 

It is ofc, FAT32, James and I have forwarded all the details via e-mail to support@fiio.net as you requested. Happy to work with you on resolving this issue, if you want to get someone to reply to my e-mail that I sent to your support mailbox.

post #3933 of 17129

James, we expect a firmware update for the FiiO X3 at the end of this week?

post #3934 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehol View Post

Normally it has around 40gb in ~210 folders.  Because of the difficulties described in the x3 thread I filled it up to just shy of 59gb with music I don't normally keep on the card in roughly 275 folders.  Sorry but I don't know how many files there are but it's about 85% 16/44.1 flac rips with the rest being mp3.  The folder tiers are 2-4 deep. 

 

The x3 took a few seconds to update when I put it back in and the first song did not play for about 5 seconds.  After that it behaved as it had before, with no problems except for an occasional song that gets stuck.  Meaning that pressing the pause/play button does not make it play, I have to back out to the folder level then select the song again. Not sure what triggers it but it's happened maybe 3 times but re-selecting the track works. 

 

If you go to 'Category' and then 'Album', has it indexed all the tracks into the X3 database?

post #3935 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetagaga View Post

 

all my albums are in my format of choice, 320 mp3.

 

when an album ripped in 320 mp3 comes out at 81mb in size and that same album ripped in flac is 262mb (lossless level 0), then unfortunately re-ripping the gapless albums in flac and spending more £ on extra sd card storage is just is not an option for me :) i need gapless to work across all supported formats as advertised. wonder why the x3 beta testers did not pick this important, broken feature up?

 

 

It is because the first and second batch of X3 is released in China , Hong Kong , Tai Wang and Korea , and user in these regions seem never use gapless or few use gapless play functions.

 

The same happened in the albume, artist playback because they use folder brower to play the music. anyway, most should be fixed by the firmware upgraded in the future.

post #3936 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiser87 View Post

James, we expect a firmware update for the FiiO X3 at the end of this week?

 

yes, if not the end of this week them it will be the end of next week. we are testing it right now but it really took us a lots of time to test the firmware. we have 6 staff testing 80 pcs X3

post #3937 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

 

It is because the first and second batch of X3 is released in China , Hong Kong , Tai Wang and Korea , and user in these regions seem never use gapless or few use gapless play functions.

 

The same happened in the albume, artist playback because they use folder brower to play the music. anyway, most should be fixed by the firmware upgraded in the future.


excellent james that is very good to hear :)

post #3938 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckfinn View Post

Yesterday I was trying to listen to a Michael Jackson song on my rockboxed iPod.

Would'nt play it (kept trying, play 2seconds, then stop for 2, then start again....)

I noticed it's a 160megabytes flac.

I had to convert it to a 44100 sampling rate to get it to work.

 

...................Would the X3 play those files?

 

Thanks.


X3 plays every FLAC files. Doesn't matter which bitrate or sample rate. So basicly, yes.

post #3939 of 17129

I suppose I'm going to be in the minority making this statement, but I think my 5th gen iPod Touch sounds better than the X3 overall.  I realize that this might just be an issue with my preferred headphones, the M100s.  They have a slightly recessed midrange compared to a lot of other higher end headphones, and that might be my ultimate issue, but the midrange seems a lot fuller on my iPod.  The bass and treble areas are pretty similar with the soundstage and presentation being a bit wider on the X3 overall.  I guess I just like the way the iPod pushes the M100 over the X3 and there's no equalizer adjustments I can make on the X3 to rectify that.  

 

So I'm not sure if it's worth even keeping the X3 if I prefer the much more full featured iPod's interface/operating system.  I've still got my e07k that I can amp it with via line out if I so desire, so I guess that's probably the best course of action.

 

Having said all that, if I use my GR07 BE in ears...I believe the X3 pulls in front, but I listen to the M100s far more often in a home, critical listening environment.


Edited by dbdynsty25 - 8/12/13 at 10:58am
post #3940 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post

I suppose I'm going to be in the minority making this statement, but I think my 5th gen iPod Touch sounds better than the X3 overall.  I realize that this might just be an issue with my preferred headphones, the M100s.  They have a slightly recessed midrange compared to a lot of other higher end headphones, and that might be my ultimate issue, but the midrange seems a lot fuller on my iPod.  The bass and treble areas are pretty similar with the soundstage and presentation being a bit wider on the X3 overall.  I guess I just like the way the iPod pushes the M100 over the X3 and there's no equalizer adjustments I can make on the X3 to rectify that.  

 

So I'm not sure if it's worth even keeping the X3 if I prefer the much more full featured iPod's interface/operating system.  I've still got my e07k that I can amp it with via line out if I so desire, so I guess that's probably the best course of action.

 

Having said all that, if I use my GR07 BE in ears...I believe the X3 pulls in front, but I listen to the M100s far more often in a home, critical listening environment.

 

You are right, the interface on the iPod is far superior. I only wish if they support 192kHz files and FLAC.

 

If your iPod can drive your headphones without any issues (especially since M100 are 32ohm/103dB mobile headphones that are very easy to drive), then I guess the difference in sound quality is only personal choice.

 

You should best keep your X3 if you are planning to buy more difficult to drive headphones in the future such as multi-driver IEM or 600 ohm studio headphones, because iPod Touch will run out of drive power, as you have noticed on your GR07.

post #3941 of 17129

Deleted


Edited by sbradley02 - 8/12/13 at 3:35pm
post #3942 of 17129

greetings from Germany

 

after using my X3 for some days i am very happy about the building quality and excellent sound quality of that player - used an ipod classic before - X3 sounds better to me

 

using different types of class 10 sd cards (sandisk / samsung) an d Fat 32 -  i have to report the same difficulties as some users before

 

my structure is: Artist \ Album \ Title

 

through "browse folder" i can see and play every file at once an on every card - but database build lasts about 40 min for 34 GB / 4500 Files structure

and not all files are included

 

it seems that about 4000 files are in database - the rest is missing ... and the duration of the rebuild is 40 min !! on a tested class 10 card

 

Files in two subfolders didn´t solve the problem - one big folder with all files is not an option for me

 

I hope that Fiio will solve this problems soon - 

 

Stefan

post #3943 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post

I suppose I'm going to be in the minority making this statement, but I think my 5th gen iPod Touch sounds better than the X3 overall.  I realize that this might just be an issue with my preferred headphones, the M100s.  They have a slightly recessed midrange compared to a lot of other higher end headphones, and that might be my ultimate issue, but the midrange seems a lot fuller on my iPod.  The bass and treble areas are pretty similar with the soundstage and presentation being a bit wider on the X3 overall.  I guess I just like the way the iPod pushes the M100 over the X3 and there's no equalizer adjustments I can make on the X3 to rectify that.  

 

So I'm not sure if it's worth even keeping the X3 if I prefer the much more full featured iPod's interface/operating system.  I've still got my e07k that I can amp it with via line out if I so desire, so I guess that's probably the best course of action.

 

Having said all that, if I use my GR07 BE in ears...I believe the X3 pulls in front, but I listen to the M100s far more often in a home, critical listening environment.

I wrote something similar before as well. I also found my 5th gen iPod Touch to sound better than the X3 overall. 

post #3944 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

I wrote something similar before as well. I also found my 5th gen iPod Touch to sound better than the X3 overall. 

I think kind of the samething, with my ipod classic and the e17. although i like the portability and the fact it supports all formats. I may be speaking for myself here but i think they released a great product and there maybe some complainers thinking this plyer was going to blow there minds, im not pointing fingers or taking jabs and everyone ears are different but i think James and Fiio did a great job and keep up the great work..

post #3945 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post

I think kind of the samething, with my ipod classic and the e17. although i like the portability and the fact it supports all formats. I may be speaking for myself here but i think they released a great product and there maybe some complainers thinking this plyer was going to blow there minds, im not pointing fingers or taking jabs and everyone ears are different but i think James and Fiio did a great job and keep up the great work..

The general consensus amongst those with ears that I trust is that the amp section is poor. A mod is available to fix that. Or, you can do the line out solution. I'm personally going to try a line out solution. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.