or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 252

post #3766 of 17169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post

2) Gapless playback is not working and all my files are mp3 format.

 

^ this. exactly what i am finding. all my files are 320 mp3 i hear a small 'pop' between tracks

post #3767 of 17169
It seems the term "snailmail" still counts.
No X3 for me today, i hope it'll arrive tomorrow.
post #3768 of 17169
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj69 View Post

James, will gapless playback be working in the next firmware update?

 

i'd like to know too please james

post #3769 of 17169
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

That for me, is a winner if that is the case, cos I can just use my E07K with my laptop, and only have to carry the X3 around in my pocket instead of having a DAP and Amp in my pocket that make my trousers fall down biggrin.gif

 

That's exactly why I got the X3.  Was sick of carrying my iPod Touch and e07k.  :)  So yes, definitely a winner.

post #3770 of 17169

Can someone comment on how the coaxial output works as opposed to line out? I realize coaxial is used to bypass the internal dac. What my question is specifically directed to is the problem where line out is really loud. Will there be a similar problem with using coaxial output instead?

post #3771 of 17169
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

Can someone comment on how the coaxial output works as opposed to line out? I realize coaxial is used to bypass the internal dac. What my question is specifically directed to is the problem where line out is really loud. Will there be a similar problem with using coaxial output instead?

line out of the X3 seems to have higher output than usual. But you know what makes it loud? You using an amp incompatable with your earphones with paired with the X3. The line level output of the line out is near silent, however seems to be of slightly higher than usual output. You pairing it with an amp that then amplifies it too much is the problem

 

There should not be this problem with Coaxial out.

post #3772 of 17169

guys the only usb wall charger in my household has this written on it

 

output: 5.0v ~ 1.2a

 

would this be suitable for using with the usb lead that came with the x3?

post #3773 of 17169
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

line out of the X3 seems to have higher output than usual. But you know what makes it loud? You using an amp incompatable with your earphones with paired with the X3. The line level output of the line out is near silent, however seems to be of slightly higher than usual output. You pairing it with an amp that then amplifies it too much is the problem

 

There should not be this problem with Coaxial out.

I'm using an amp that is compatible with my earphone. The problem is its a analogue controlled amplifier that has channel imbalance issues at low volumes. On top of that, having a sensitive iem doesn't help. The amp works perfect with line out attached to an hd 650 though. 

 

The other solution is to buy an amp with digital volume control that has no channel imbalance issues. 

 

The solution I'm looking into right now is to buy a new amp with modded negative gain to help with sensitive gear. 


Edited by serious7 - 8/9/13 at 11:54am
post #3774 of 17169

I'm having an interesting problem with  a 64GB sandisk Ultra card, loaded with close to the 59GB limit with music. 

After the update Lib, the files show up in Browse files but are unplayable. 

They play fine on my Z2 but on the X2, the music comes off as unrecognizable file formats.

The formats are a combination of FLAC, MP3 variable, and MP3 CBR's.

 

After switching out to a 32GB card, with the same types of files, and running update Lib, everything works fine. 

 

Does it not like the Ultra card or are others seeing the same problem with big cards?

post #3775 of 17169
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

I'm using an amp that is compatible with my earphone. The problem is its a analogue controlled amplifier that has channel imbalance issues at low volumes. On top of that, having a sensitive iem doesn't help. The amp works perfect with line out attached to an hd 650 though. 

 

The other solution is to buy an amp with digital volume control that has no channel imbalance issues. 

 

The solution I'm looking into right now is to buy a new amp with modded negative gain to help with sensitive gear. 

Which brings back the fact that your IEM's are not compatible with your setup. If your IEM's can't work well because of channel imbalance of an anlogue amp at low volumes due to a higher than normal output of the source, then its still the issue of the IEM.

 

 

The last two sentences you said are exactly what most should be doing when met with this common issue. I don't see a reason for why you keep bringing up the X3 and its line level output and how its god awful if you already know the solution to this. 

post #3776 of 17169
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Which brings back the fact that your IEM's are not compatible with your setup. If your IEM's can't work well because of channel imbalance of an anlogue amp at low volumes due to a higher than normal output of the source, then its still the issue of the IEM.

 

 

The last two sentences you said are exactly what most should be doing when met with this common issue. I don't see a reason for why you keep bringing up the X3 and its line level output and how its god awful if you already know the solution to this. 

As much as I value and respect your time in helping out with so many people (including me) in this thread I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one :p

 

It's very easy to throw the blame on other parts of the chain but the C&C BH has been flawless in multiple setups. It works especially well with sensitive IEMs with different DAPs without an overpowering line out section. It's unfortunate the X3 was not designed properly with this in mind and I'm blaming the X3 on this one. 

 

Also, I never said it was god awful. I said it was a problem and I'm taking the steps necessary to accommodate one of X3's many flaws. 


Edited by serious7 - 8/9/13 at 12:30pm
post #3777 of 17169

mate amps are dedicated to boost voltage, or current. what almost everybody uses is for voltage gain to get the sound louder (volt=loudness). an iem needs current. 

very few amps are good at driving both high impedance headphones and iems.  my pico slim is a nice little toy for iems, but its laughable when i try to drive my hd650 with it.

and the X3 actually manages very well for both on its own ( I still wish the soundstage would be wider/higher, but then I remember the price I paid and smile)

post #3778 of 17169
Quote:

Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

 

It's very easy to throw the blame on other parts of the chain but the C&C BH has been flawless in multiple setups. It works especially well with sensitive IEMs with different DAPs without an overpowering line out section. It's unfortunate the X3 was not designed properly with this in mind and I'm blaming the X3 on this one. 

 

Also, I never said it was god awful. I said it was a problem and I'm taking the steps necessary to accommodate one of X3's many flaws. 


???

You say that the C&C BH is designed specifically for phones and whatnot with a ****ty line level output, then you blame the X3 because it has a nearly decent LO (again, the standard is around 2V RMS)? rolleyes.gif


Edited by MrScratch - 8/9/13 at 1:20pm
post #3779 of 17169

Edit. Ignore this.


Edited by serious7 - 8/9/13 at 1:30pm
post #3780 of 17169
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetagaga View Post

guys the only usb wall charger in my household has this written on it

 

output: 5.0v ~ 1.2a

 

would this be suitable for using with the usb lead that came with the x3?

I am using my Samsung S3 wall charger to charge the X3 no problems so far. Its rated just about the same, I think.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.