or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 247

post #3691 of 17125

Has anyone used the line out of X3 to an external amp without any problems? If so, can you tell me which amp you used? I find the line out is extremely loud for the portable amp I have right now.

post #3692 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

Has anyone used the line out of X3 to an external amp without any problems? If so, can you tell me which amp you used? I find the line out is extremely loud for the portable amp I have right now.

I used line out to Maverick Audio A1. It's pretty loud but no problems :D

post #3693 of 17125

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I'm still having this problem with my 64 gb (Class 10) card:

 

It plays fine in browse mode, but when trying to index, it seems to throw the player into an endless loop. I only have about 70 albums, and each album is in a single-level folder. Some of these folders are artwork subfolders.

 

On a 16gb card, indexing works very quickly (under 30 seconds) with a subset of these albums copied from the 64 gb card.

 

To get the 64gb card to work, will I need to only have single-level folders and delete the artwork subfolders? If so, then I think I'll stick with <64 gb cards.

 

Related question: is it safe to swap sd card while the unit is turned on? Asking this because I bricked my Sansa Fuze this way and don't want this to happen to my X3, especially on my first day.
 

post #3694 of 17125
Used it with E12 and Objective2 so far, both without any problems.
post #3695 of 17125

So just took a listen to the X3 briefly (it's charging up now), and it blows away any iPod I own (Sony too). Those who say it sounds veiled, I just want to shake you and say, "huh?"

post #3696 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by semaj8james View Post

I used line out to Maverick Audio A1. It's pretty loud but no problems :D

the loudness is a problem for me. I'm using sensitive iems. Do you have any portable amps to try the line out with?

post #3697 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

no

 

Yes there is gain control in the X3 (I just saw it). Now whether it works or not I don't know, but it's there.

post #3698 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

Has anyone used the line out of X3 to an external amp without any problems? If so, can you tell me which amp you used? I find the line out is extremely loud for the portable amp I have right now.

Yes, Miu MRB and E12 and O2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 

Yes there is gain control in the X3 (I just saw it). Now whether it works or not I don't know, but it's there.

There is a gain. There is no REPLAYGAIN. Which is a different thing.

post #3699 of 17125

@Bowei

 

When using lineout with E12/Miu Mrb, how far did your volume knob go before you achieved safe hearing levels?


Edited by serious7 - 8/8/13 at 1:27pm
post #3700 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Yes, Miu MRB and E12 and O2.

There is a gain. There is no REPLAYGAIN. Which is a different thing.

I see. Thanks.

post #3701 of 17125

I have a 64GB card that I am having no issues with so far. I formatted it using Verbatim's sofware. My folder structure is root>artist>album>song . Just wanted to reply to the people asking if some people were using 64GB and not having issues.

post #3702 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

@Bowei

 

When using lineout with E12/Miu Mrb, how far did your volume knob go before you achieved safe hearing levels?

Safe hearing levels?....that's like. No volume level so I didn't even touch the volume knob to get nothing

 

I'll take it you mean before you get 'average' sound comming out. Well not that much but keep in mind that the headphones you use matter a lot. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I see. Thanks.

yep

post #3703 of 17125
Update on using X3 -

1) On my second charge ...only had it playing for about 3 hour plus and suddenly I noticed the battery level remaining at 1/4 left ...find it strange ..so I switch it off and restarted it again ...battery level went back up to 3/4 and after 10 minute drop back to 1/4 again and after about another 10 minutes ...battery level is almost running on empty. This cant be right. Any other X3 user have this issue ? Very worried with this issue as for the other issues ..I think fw update will hopefully clear up but battery issue is more of a hardware problem.

2) Gapless playback is not working and all my files are mp3 format.

3) Few occasion when press the next song ...it freezes and wont allow to press any button except power off .

4) Took out my 32gb micro sd card twice to add songs and have been having problem updating the library and freezes ...and have to power off and repeat this process 3 times to finally get all the songs updated in the library. This should not be happening as a few X3 user have problem with 64gb but mine is only 32 gb and there is balance of 10 gb of unused memory.

James,

All these problems need to be sorted out ...because for me X3 is excellent in term of sound and build quality but the issue of bugs and 64gb memory card not updating properly or incomplete ....also the the one folder trick is just a stop gap measure and will surely deter potential buyer in purchasing X3. Much less ...in my case 32 gb also present some problems which will affect the user experience of having X3.

Hoping all these issues can be fixed in the fw update.( FYI bought from MP4 Nation)
post #3704 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post

Update on using X3 -

1) On my second charge ...only had it playing for about 3 hour plus and suddenly I noticed the battery level remaining at 1/4 left ...find it strange ..so I switch it off and restarted it again ...battery level went back up to 3/4 and after 10 minute drop back to 1/4 again and after about another 10 minutes ...battery level is almost running on empty. This cant be right. Any other X3 user have this issue ? Very worried with this issue as for the other issues ..I think fw update will hopefully clear up but battery issue is more of a hardware problem.

2) Gapless playback is not working and all my files are mp3 format.

3) Few occasion when press the next song ...it freezes and wont allow to press any button except power off .

4) Took out my 32gb micro sd card twice to add songs and have been having problem updating the library and freezes ...and have to power off and repeat this process 3 times to finally get all the songs updated in the library. This should not be happening as a few X3 user have problem with 64gb but mine is only 32 gb and there is balance of 10 gb of unused memory.

James,

All these problems need to be sorted out ...because for me X3 is excellent in term of sound and build quality but the issue of bugs and 64gb memory card not updating properly or incomplete ....also the the one folder trick is just a stop gap measure and will surely deter potential buyer in purchasing X3. Much less ...in my case 32 gb also present some problems which will affect the user experience of having X3.

Hoping all these issues can be fixed in the fw update.( FYI bought from MP4 Nation)
  1. You need to charge battery until green light on bottom lights up, not when the meter is full. Battery charge left is determined by how much voltage is inside. Not very accurate as its variable is what I have heard.
  2. Yep, Gapless playback does not work yet.
  3. Freezes do happen yes sadly, especially if the immediate folder you are in has a lot of songs.
  4. Go to system settings and turn off device sleep, this will allow unit to update without X3 sleeping and possibly freezing.

 

The X3 was just released a week ago. It was only sent out to USA, and Europe last week. Everyone that got it before were part of beta test batch..or 'pre production' or trial run

post #3705 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

Has anyone used the line out of X3 to an external amp without any problems? If so, can you tell me which amp you used? I find the line out is extremely loud for the portable amp I have right now.

 

I've felt no huge difference between the line level of the E17 and the X3 while using the E12 to compare them. i've set the volume knob on the E17+E12 at the maximum value I felt confortable with while listening to a song (well above my usual listening level) and then I switched to the X3+E12 with the same song and I was still confortable with it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.