Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 199

post #2971 of 11367
Quote:
Originally Posted by zellhy View Post

@tjw321 I dont use Apple products, I did mentioned this earlier... sry if u didn't read it

 

I did read it, but I forgot. Well it was several pages ago! That's a long time when your memory is like mine 8^).

 

Oh well, it was just a thought.  

post #2972 of 11367

How long is the battery lasting for FLAC files?

post #2973 of 11367

Guys, my sd card arrived and it works fine and I put the firmware update on it, but when I put it in the X3 is says "File system not support or file not found". any ideas?

This probably was explained before but I can't go reading 200 pages at work.

 

Thanks for the help

post #2974 of 11367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

Guys, my sd card arrived and it works fine and I put the firmware update on it, but when I put it in the X3 is says "File system not support or file not found". any ideas?
This probably was explained before but I can't go reading 200 pages at work.

Thanks for the help

Did you format the SD card to FAT32?
post #2975 of 11367

yes sir I did (it's FAT 32 standard). And when I put files on it on my pc, the X3 does not recognize it (the card)

post #2976 of 11367
I have a question.

I am about to buy a pair pf Grado GR-10's IEM, but i'd like to know how well they pair with the X3.
post #2977 of 11367

Hi there, I'm looking for overkill DAC (maybe with amp) for X3 - what's the best?

post #2978 of 11367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

yes sir I did (it's FAT 32 standard). And when I put files on it on my pc, the X3 does not recognize it (the card)

 

Got it to work. Thanks!

post #2979 of 11367

My Fiio X3 arrived on Monday. However while I was waiting for it I decided to use my HTC ONE and I downloaded a good few flac files. I also use Spotify premium on it and I will be honest its hard to fault whilst connected to my Fiio E12.

 

The X3 has had about 1 hour use so far as I have been very busy this week but the early signs seem poor due to extremely bright harsh treble. I used a pair of Sennheiser Momentums for reference and they are very neutral sounding with bags of detaiI when connected to the HTC. I hope the X3 will soften out after a few hours of play time. I remember when I got the E 12 it played a similar party trick on me but now its a truly exceptional piece for kit for the price. I suppose decent audio never sounds good out of the box.

 

Rds


Edited by rdsreference - 7/19/13 at 9:05am
post #2980 of 11367
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsreference View Post

My Fiio X3 arrived on Monday. However while I was waiting for it I decided to use my HTC ONE and I downloaded a good few flac files. I also use Spotify premium on it and I will be honest its hard to fault whilst connected to my Fiio E12.

The X3 has had about 1 hour use so far as I have been very busy this week but the early signs seem poor due to extremely bright harsh treble. I used a pair of Sennheiser Momentums for reference and they are very neutral sounding with bags of detaiI when connected to the HTC. I hope the X3 will soften out after a few hours of play time. I remember when I got the E 12 it played a similar party trick on me but now its a truly exceptional piece for kit for the price. I suppose decent audio never sounds good out of the box.

Rds

That's weird as the x3 is considered warm by most people
post #2981 of 11367

For FLAC files, mine goes for 4-5 hrs i think....

post #2982 of 11367

correct me if i am wrong, but i felt the x3 sounded very closely similar to fiio's very own e07... i think both have the same dac...

post #2983 of 11367
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

They are quite good together.

 

Thanks! And thanks for adding yet another gizmo to my wish list lol!

post #2984 of 11367
Quote:
Originally Posted by zellhy View Post

correct me if i am wrong, but i felt the x3 sounded very closely similar to fiio's very own e07... i think both have the same dac...
They don't sound similar at all in my opinion. Ok, they have similar characteristics in general, but the difference is there.
post #2985 of 11367
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLung View Post

Hi there, I'm looking for overkill DAC (maybe with amp) for X3 - what's the best?

 

Why in the World would you ever need an external DAC?!  confused.gif The X3 is sooooooo good on its own!

 

j/k :-]

 

 

If you want to use the X3 simply as a transport, any DAC with coax in will do. Really, in this scenario there's no pairing, sound sig matching or sinergy at all; just take the best external DAC (and amp) you can buy and live happily! wink.gif

 

... If only the HiFi-M8 had coax in...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.