or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 183

post #2731 of 17162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

 

Yes, but they are all compromise one way or another. Once you have a dedicated volume, changing EQ and settings becomes less convenience. It is one way or another, but no clear winner. That's why most DAP have more than 6 buttons, and dedicated volume control.

Ease of doing stuff quickly is my current biggest gripe with the X3.

I guess I'll have to write my review with this version of the UI. Well, if you can do it, then I should be able to as well biggrin.gif.


Edited by bowei006 - 7/6/13 at 9:03pm
post #2732 of 17162

I have no problem on getting all of my album playing on X3 since the last firmware  (1.1beta) though. V1.2 is the most stable so far. I get no freeze or random restart at all. If you have one particular album no getting play, you might want to look into the codec instead. Sometime it is not the player, but the files that are encoded oddly.

post #2733 of 17162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

I have no problem on getting all of my album playing on X3 since the last firmware  (1.1beta) though. V1.2 is the most stable so far. I get no freeze or random restart at all. If you have one particular album no getting play, you might want to look into the codec instead. Sometime it is not the player, but the files that are encoded oddly.

Yep, 1.2 fixed the majority of the album Id3 and artist identifiying problems I had.

 

AAC/ALAC (.m4a) tracks are still giving me errors in their inability to identify any info about the song itself though.

 

 

Just rechecked my X3 and editied my above post. Album and artist updates for my songs work. I just didn't notice it after I upgraded to 1.2.

 

Good news.

post #2734 of 17162

I see 1.2 can also read FLAC tags. I would assume that should include ogg tags as well?

Given they both uses vorbis comments. 

post #2735 of 17162
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

AAC/ALAC (.m4a) tracks are still giving me errors in their inability to identify any info about the song

I've always used Max and XLD to rip my CDs in M4A (Mac user), let's see if my unit will show the same issue... I've my microSDXC full of music already (the Italian dealer is expecting the first batch on the 15th of July, as anyone elses)!
Edited by MrScratch - 7/7/13 at 3:45am
post #2736 of 17162
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinlim View Post

Hi James,

I listening to X3 usually during bed time, when I'd skip song I keep on pressing the wrong key to menu instead of forward key. Is there in future will have a light up key pad for new line up X5 or improve version of X3?

 

It's a nice idea, just like the old Nokia GSM handsets.

 

The 'problem' with having the keys light up is that this can introduce unnecessary noise into the circuit. Admittedly, it's miniscule, but when you're trying to achieve audiophile SQ, every potential disturbance is a step away from the goal, rather than towards it.

 

A better solution would be to simply have a more logical, and less ambiguous, spacial arrangement of the buttons. I am confident that James and his team are going to think very, very carefully about the design of the X5 (which is partly why I don't personally anticipate seeing an X5 until 2014).

post #2737 of 17162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

It's a nice idea, just like the old Nokia GSM handsets.

The 'problem' with having the keys light up is that this can introduce unnecessary noise into the circuit. Admittedly, it's miniscule, but when you're trying to achieve audiophile SQ, every potential disturbance is a step away from the goal, rather than towards it.

A better solution would be to simply have a more logical, and less ambiguous, spacial arrangement of the buttons. I am confident that James and his team are going to think very, very carefully about the design of the X5 (which is partly why I don't personally anticipate seeing an X5 until 2014).

I anticipate X5 would be a game changer in the history of audiophile DAP.

X5 will not only competitive in price, and never compromised in sound quality as promised by James (Fiio).

I believe iBasso, Hifiman and iRiver will refresh their flagship Reference DAPs before the release of X5 in order to stay alive. smily_headphones1.gif

This is just my opinion. Take with a grain of salt.biggrin.gif
post #2738 of 17162

can anyone try a SDXC class 10 64 GB card ? or are all 64GB sd cards SDXC ? , cuz i heard the device has to have SDXC support ?!?!?!

post #2739 of 17162
All 64GB SD cards belong to the SDXC family (eXtended Capacity) regardless of the size (standard, mini and micro). The SDHC family sports a maximum of 32GB of free space.

SDHC readers may read the newer SDXC cards, however some restrictions apply. In the case of the X3, it handles without problems volumes over 32GB but you need to reformat your card in FAT32 (they are commonly shipped in exFAT).

I already have a 64GB SanDisk microSD (64GB Class-10 UHS 1 microSDXC) waiting for my X3 to arrive and I think some users are using 64GB cards on this device already. :-)
Edited by MrScratch - 7/7/13 at 8:12am
post #2740 of 17162

Well amazon uk have it as in stock for august 1 fwiw.  Sold through mp3-amplifier for £159.99  

post #2741 of 17162
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post


I anticipate X5 would be a game changer in the history of audiophile DAP.

X5 will not only competitive in price, and never compromised in sound quality as promised by James (Fiio).

I believe iBasso, Hifiman and iRiver will refresh their flagship Reference DAPs before the release of X5 in order to stay alive. smily_headphones1.gif

This is just my opinion. Take with a grain of salt.biggrin.gif

I also feel the buttons have to be re-arranged.

Maybe touch screen can be introduced in the X5.

post #2742 of 17162

Touch screen is the worst thing ever happened to these devices. It is incredibly annoying and not safe because of accidental contacts. I always and always prefer physical buttons.

post #2743 of 17162
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

Touch screen is the worst thing ever happened to these devices. It is incredibly annoying and not safe because of accidental contacts. I always and always prefer physical buttons.

Biggest reason why I sold my latest gen ipod. They allow you to freaking change the volume with your finger. I've had my ears blown multiple times by accidentally touching that volume bar.  

post #2744 of 17162
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

Biggest reason why I sold my latest gen ipod. They allow you to freaking change the volume with your finger. I've had my ears blown multiple times by accidentally touching that volume bar.  

 

Yes, and touchscreen issues notwithstanding, the actual hardware volume controls on the iPod touch are REDICULOUSLY small and difficult to grip / press. So much so that that particular detail may be the worst piece of Apple design I have seen in years. I was shocked when I tried to change the volume in my local Apple store; honestly shocked.

post #2745 of 17162
I have an x3 waiting for me at home. Will do quick comparisons between the iPod 5th gen video. Lotsof comparing to do now that I bought tpeos h200s as well lol (on a mission to consolidate all of my gear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.