or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 180

post #2686 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

I hope that you are serious7ly wrong! Do you think it would make sense to contact FedEx to verify?

 

I can provide a link to another thread where everyone got charged a $20 handling fee + taxes for buying a $40 iem from mp4nation using fedex 2 day free shipping. PM me if you want the link I don't know if it's illegal to post a link to another forum.

 

Like I said before, this deal isn't really worth it for me because my local dealer is going to have it in stock in July 20 and they promised to keep one unit for me lol. Hopefully they don't break that promise. 

post #2687 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

You claimed that my statement was blanket... of course you were claiming something...

If you haven't attempted to compare SQ with the Clip+ than how can you say it doesn't sound "horrible"? 

Like I said, my justification is my own ears, experience and comparisons with products that I have heard. What I said in the quoted post, was my opinion. So you shot it down, claiming I made generalizations and exaggerations, so my natural reaction would be to ask you what you have heard? 

Again, I made no claims to the SQ of the clip+.
I did refute your statement. It's not pointed at the person(you), but at the statement. It wasn't ment as some sort of personal attack. I simply didn't agree with that statement.

Now adding my opinion, I don't think it sounds horrible. I've compared it to the Modi, the Ak100, ak120, various ipods and iPhones, and a few others of note.

None of that really matters though since the vast number of variables make it almost impossible to compare my experience to anyone else's, and is the reason I didn't use personal opinion as it wasn't the purpose of my statement.

Anyway, back to the X3 discussion.
post #2688 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

I don't think you've actually listened to the Clip+.

 

Also, in stock form it has plenty of function, and the 8gb Clip+ carries as much storage as the X3..and it has expandable memory...like the X3.

 

When you can tell me how the Clip+ lacks compared to higher priced DAPs, I'll give more credence to your statements.

 

Talk about blanket statements. 

 

Again, I guess you missed the fact that what I said is IMO. I'm not comparing the functionality or the capacity to the X3, mostly because I haven't heard it or used it yet. The point of my post wasn't to bash the Clip+ or their users, but to point out that many people on this thread want to know the differences in SQ to the Clip+, and as I said, I'm just a bit confused why that particular player is considered a "benchmark" for other companies to follow. I've seen those type of questions and remarks in multiple thread, and I just don't understand it. That doesn't mean it is wrong or that I disagree. Regarding your last sentence, yes in comparison to higher priced DAPs... sure. Mostly because almost everything is higher priced than the Clip+.

post #2689 of 17128
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

Talk about blanket statements. 

Again, I guess you missed the fact that what I said is IMO. I'm not comparing the functionality or the capacity to the X3, mostly because I haven't heard it or used it yet. The point of my post wasn't to bash the Clip+ or their users, but to point out that many people on this thread want to know the differences in SQ to the Clip+, and as I said, I'm just a bit confused why that particular player is considered a "benchmark" for other companies to follow. I've seen those type of questions and remarks in multiple thread, and I just don't understand it. That doesn't mean it is wrong or that I disagree. Regarding your last sentence, yes in comparison to higher priced DAPs... sure. Mostly because almost everything is higher priced than the Clip+.

I've yet to see you justify your "clip+" is horrible statement. Please give solid instances where you found the clip+ lacking.
post #2690 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I've yet to see you justify your "clip+" is horrible statement. Please give solid instances where you found the clip+ lacking.

It is futile to argue against the incontrovertible gospel of head fi. As technically fantastic the clip may be, it is cheap so how could it possibly sound better or on par against more expensive rivals!
post #2691 of 17128

dont mean to derail the subject here , has anyone had porblems with a Class 10 64GB cards with the X3 ? is it to fast ? cuz i used to get problems when i use it in my Motorola Atrix 4g it was kinda flaky . Thanks !

post #2692 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukeshock View Post

dont mean to derail the subject here , has anyone had porblems with a Class 10 64GB cards with the X3 ? is it to fast ? cuz i used to get problems when i use it in my Motorola Atrix 4g it was kinda flaky . Thanks !

Problems? no.

 

I use a Class 10 32 GB with my X3. No problems.

post #2693 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

 

I can provide a link to another thread where everyone got charged a $20 handling fee + taxes for buying a $40 iem from mp4nation using fedex 2 day free shipping. PM me if you want the link I don't know if it's illegal to post a link to another forum.

 

Like I said before, this deal isn't really worth it for me because my local dealer is going to have it in stock in July 20 and they promised to keep one unit for me lol. Hopefully they don't break that promise. 

 

Thanks for that link. Some people in Canada were being charged taxes and fedex fees for their R1's from mp4nation. I also got the R1's from mp4nation in Oct 2012, and I'm pretty sure fedex was used, but I did not get dinged anything extra. So that is interesting.

 

I called fedex and they said that it is up to Canadian Customs. If duties/taxes are charged, then there is a fedex $10 fee. I tried calling Canadian Customs, but ended up in phone system hell.

 

I think there is some threshold with Canadian Customs. I have bought a couple of $180US items from amazon japan and didn't get dinged. With Canadian exchange, this $190US X3 comes out to $201CN. I'm hoping the threshold isn't $200CN.

post #2694 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post


It is futile to argue against the incontrovertible gospel of head fi. As technically fantastic the clip may be, it is cheap so how could it possibly sound better or on par against more expensive rivals!

 

In addition to that, I actually think that the rockboxed clip zip + C&C BH combo sounds pretty great. So if I think that, then it must sound horrible lol!

post #2695 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

In addition to that, I actually think that the rockboxed clip zip + C&C BH combo sounds pretty great. So if I think that, then it must sound horrible lol!

Again, my comment was referring to my expeince with a stock Clip+ not adding a 100$ amp and rockboxed firmware. Also, horrible in comparison to other stand alone DAPs: J3, RWAK100, AK120, DX100, HM602 and HM801. As always YMMV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I've yet to see you justify your "clip+" is horrible statement. Please give solid instances where you found the clip+ lacking.

Sure, ill send you a PM, no reason to continue debating SQ of a player that isn't on topic.




Anyways... my comments weren't intended to shake the bee hive. Different strokes for different folks. Back on topic...
Edited by Greed - 7/6/13 at 1:25pm
post #2696 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

Thanks for that link. Some people in Canada were being charged taxes and fedex fees for their R1's from mp4nation. I also got the R1's from mp4nation in Oct 2012, and I'm pretty sure fedex was used, but I did not get dinged anything extra. So that is interesting.

 

I called fedex and they said that it is up to Canadian Customs. If duties/taxes are charged, then there is a fedex $10 fee. I tried calling Canadian Customs, but ended up in phone system hell.

 

I think there is some threshold with Canadian Customs. I have bought a couple of $180US items from amazon japan and didn't get dinged. With Canadian exchange, this $190US X3 comes out to $201CN. I'm hoping the threshold isn't $200CN.

Your welcome mate. I think it isn't worth it to deal with customs. Try calling your local dealer to see if the x3 will be in stock and just try that route. It will be much easier and less hassle. If anything fails, you can deal with a local dealer instead of an online one. 

 

Edit: **** it. I'm going to pre order. Tell me if you think its good then I'll order it too.  I want those free earphones. 

 

Edit 2: I ordered it. #YOLO


Edited by serious7 - 7/6/13 at 1:46pm
post #2697 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

Your welcome mate. I think it isn't worth it to deal with customs. Try calling your local dealer to see if the x3 will be in stock and just try that route. It will be much easier and less hassle. If anything fails, you can deal with a local dealer instead of an online one. 

 

Edit: **** it. I'm going to pre order. Tell me if you think its good then I'll order it too.  I want those free earphones. 

 

Edit 2: I ordered it. #YOLO

 

I like the progression lol! My hunch is that $200CN is the threshold, in which case we're flipping a coin.

post #2698 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Problems? no.

 

I use a Class 10 32 GB with my X3. No problems.

Thanks man , im going to get the X3 this friday then this week is going to be awesome , my ASG-2 are comming closer and the X3 preorder with my local e-retailer will be ending and orders will be sent out !!! cant wait

post #2699 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

I like the progression lol! My hunch is that $200CN is the threshold, in which case we're flipping a coin.

#YOLO bro.

 

I paid $206. It's funny cause I have a ton of USD cash in my bank but paypal does not allow me to upload it from a canadian institution. Whatever. If I were to order it from the local dealer, I would've paid $230 with the taxes included.  What's the worst that can happen if I get dinged by customs? 

post #2700 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

#YOLO bro.

 

I paid $206. It's funny cause I have a ton of USD cash in my bank but paypal does not allow me to upload it from a canadian institution. Whatever. If I were to order it from the local dealer, I would've paid $230 with the taxes included.  What's the worst that can happen if I get dinged by customs?

 

Dunno! Never been dinged... yet.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.