Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 174

post #2596 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

 

X3 did use mechanical buttons,  

 

 

 

but the buttons are not directly connect to the key buttons.  it can make you feel more soft and smooth. most cell phone used such design.

 

I guess the folks that demanded particular Op Amps in FiiO DAPs can start flaming about what color of Cherry switches should be used in the X3 biggrin.gif

post #2597 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoichi View Post

I guess the folks that demanded particular Op Amps in FiiO DAPs can start flaming about what color of Cherry switches should be used in the X3 biggrin.gif

 

Frankly, as long as they "can make you feel more soft and smooth", I'll be a happy bunny, regardless of the switch colour! rolleyes.gif

post #2598 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

MP4Nation just got one sample , sorry to everyone who waiting for our X3,  we plan to start the production in next week but it take time to fulfill so many order from our agents.  

 

Yes, I just got an X3 pre-order for $200 email from mp4nation:

 

Quote:
FIiO's new digital audio player will be in stock between the end of this month and middle of August, during the FiiO X3 preorder buyers will get a free pair of Brainwavz M5 or R1 Earphones of their choice!

 

So tempting!

post #2599 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Yes, I just got an X3 pre-order for $200 email from mp4nation:

Me to, about time to subscribe to this thread!
post #2600 of 17216

Things will gather momentum. It really won't be long now. At least we all know this is a real product that actually exists in the marketplace.

 

 

Looking at August, it does make me pause for thought and consider that I hadn't expected the X3 and X5 releases to be as close to each other.

 

That is, of course, assuming that the X5 will actually make it into the marketplace before the end of 2013. Personally, I'm not so sure that it will.

post #2601 of 17216
Quote:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

MP4Nation just got one sample , sorry to everyone who waiting for our X3,  we plan to start the production in next week but it take time to fulfill so many order from our agents.  

 

Yes, I just got an X3 pre-order for $200 email from mp4nation:

 

Quote:
FIiO's new digital audio player will be in stock between the end of this month and middle of August, during the FiiO X3 preorder buyers will get a free pair of Brainwavz M5 or R1 Earphones of their choice!

 

So tempting!

 

Jumped in, the free earphones sealed it. Although I have both earphones already, my daughter will enjoy them or I will resell on Amazon.

MP4Nation are good sellers, bought from them before, their shipping is fast.

post #2602 of 17216

Thanks for the heads-up, Panda.  I preordered from MP4Nation since my iPod is really on its last leg and the R1 will make a nice gift for a friend.  BTW there is a %5 code still active when you order there: fb2012fiver

post #2603 of 17216

ok since some people say it's sq is better than the clip +, I pulled the trigger and preordered from there.  I also couldn't resist the free headphones/shipping and discount, damn you tehol! 

I hope it really is better than a rockboxed clip.  There goes more of my money x_x

post #2604 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by chengsta View Post

ok since some people say it's sq is better than the clip +, I pulled the trigger and preordered from there.  I also couldn't resist the free headphones/shipping and discount, damn you tehol! 

I hope it really is better than a rockboxed clip.  There goes more of my money x_x

 

Who says it isn't better than a Clip+? Every comparison review that I've read, gives the upper hand to the X3 without question. I'd hope the SQ is quite a bit better than a Clip+ because I wasn't impressed with it. I guess it is ok for 30$, but a waste for me. 

post #2605 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

 

Who says it isn't better than a Clip+? Every comparison review that I've read, gives the upper hand to the X3 without question. I'd hope the SQ is quite a bit better than a Clip+ because I wasn't impressed with it. I guess it is ok for 30$, but a waste for me. 


thanks dawg, you just made me feel better about my heat-of-the-moment purchase evil_smiley.gif

post #2606 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehol View Post

Thanks for the heads-up, Panda.  I preordered from MP4Nation since my iPod is really on its last leg and the R1 will make a nice gift for a friend.  BTW there is a %5 code still active when you order there: fb2012fiver

 

Damn you and your coupon... that was the push that I needed to topple me over the edge. $190US for the X3, plus the Brainwavz M5 (whatever that is lol) thrown in as a gift - to good to pass up!

 

I am feeling a bit reticent about the purchase though because I am quite happy with the SQ out of my clip zip (rockboxed) and C&C BH combo. Hopefully someone at some point will compare the X3 to that combo and tell me that the X3's SQ is at least somewhat superior.

post #2607 of 17216
That almost had me, but my rational side stopped the purchase.

I can wait for the wide range of reviews and pay $10 more to be sure I want it.
post #2608 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

MP4Nation just got one sample , sorry to everyone who waiting for our X3,  we plan to start the production in next week but it take time to fulfill so many order from our agents.  
It seems they are taking pre orders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post


X3 did use mechanical buttons,  





but the buttons are not directly connect to the key buttons.  it can make you feel more soft and smooth. most cell phone used such design.


They are physical buttons, but are they mechanical switches. Mechanical switches are large, expensive and feel very different.

Either way, it makes no difference. Its not like I will be typing messages on the X3 biggrin.gif
post #2609 of 17216

Yeap...ordered from MP4nation just now.

post #2610 of 17216
If a unit comes faulty, it will be a big hassle btw guys.

Ordering from your regional dealer allows you to have quick rma, warranty, and claims support.

But I know how you guys feel. The coupon makes it cheap, fast shipping, and free headphones -_-
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.