Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 154

post #2296 of 12896
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasilemak View Post

 

 

In fact after reading the review I have beg and borrowed from friends the X10 and Re-400, as well as the JVC HA-S500 to see whether I can replicate his experience or to disprove it. But it makes me hunger for the X3 even more, which I think ultimately is a good thing.

The JVC HA-S500 sound good with pretty much anything.smile_phones.gif

 

Welcome to the forum! L3000.gif 

post #2297 of 12896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

The JVC HA-S500 sound good with pretty much anything.smile_phones.gif

 

Welcome to the forum! L3000.gif 

 

Thanks! bigsmile_face.gif In fact in China they refer to the JVC as the, literal translation, "Chinese Cabbage God Artifact"! Meaning it is a common product that produces exceptional result combined with almost anything.

post #2298 of 12896
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasilemak View Post

 

Thanks! bigsmile_face.gif In fact in China they refer to the JVC as the, literal translation, "Chinese Cabbage God Artifact"! Meaning it is a common product that produces exceptional result combined with almost anything.

 

There's always comedy to be had from translations.biggrin.gif

post #2299 of 12896
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckfinn View Post

Does anyone have any idea how the X3 compares to an imod( ipod 5gen modded as per Red Wine Audio), if at same price and with cf card?

The X3 has been designed to sound audibly transparent. iMod has treble roll off and people have tended to call it 'warm sounding', also it largely depends on what amp you use with the iMod.
post #2300 of 12896
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post

The X3 has been designed to sound audibly transparent. iMod has treble roll off and people have tended to call it 'warm sounding', also it largely depends on what amp you use with the iMod.

 

imod treble roll off?  I don't think so, atleast when paired with an Arrow and JH13 (so yes it probably depends on the setup).  Treble extends to my hearing limit but not fatiguing...

 

What I read on ClieOS's impressions is that the X3 headphone out may be a bit towards bass so he did an op amp solder swap to hear more treble out of it.

post #2301 of 12896
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki14 View Post

 

imod treble roll off?  I don't think so, atleast when paired with an Arrow and JH13 (so yes it probably depends on the setup).  Treble extends to my hearing limit but not fatiguing...

 

What I read on ClieOS's impressions is that the X3 headphone out may be a bit towards bass so he did an op amp solder swap to hear more treble out of it.

The X3 is slightly on the bassier side of things even when straight out.

 

Audibly transparent means not hearing the device itself in a sense. You can clearly tell you are listening to a device such as this. The coloration and bass make it known that you are listening to a unit that 'flavors' the sound a bit.

post #2302 of 12896

Exactly whats he says, warm headphones probably not the best choice, my se530s sound like a really good match imo. im really happy with my combo alotksc75smile.gif

post #2303 of 12896

Synergy is an overused term on hf, and now annoys the hell out of me. So does 'tip rolling' and 'my best sounding x + y + z $3000 setup of the week.'

post #2304 of 12896

When u select the shuffle option, does it shuffle internal and external at the same time? Or does it only shuffle the files on the selected internal/external storage.

post #2305 of 12896
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac2003 View Post

When u select the shuffle option, does it shuffle internal and external at the same time? Or does it only shuffle the files on the selected internal/external storage.

Considering 1% of all media on the X3 is located on internal storage. It's going to take me a while to see if this is true or not. I'll leave it to James to answer unless someone else has done it and seen.

post #2306 of 12896
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post

The X3 has been designed to sound audibly transparent. iMod has treble roll off and people have tended to call it 'warm sounding', also it largely depends on what amp you use with the iMod.
Would use Meier amp.
Just asking because as I understand the X3 seems to be on the bassy side...is that different from "warm sounding"?
Also I nticed this guy from Turkey on ebay who mods "a la Vinnie" your ipod for 160$ shipped lod cable included and does have good feedback.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diymod-Imod-30-gb-Blackgate-Capped-Pure-Copper-Lod/261217783464?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D8702974559500300849%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D261217783464%26

So I thought would be good to check with people who might have both imod and X3....

I'm actually here taping on my iphone (4s) so I apologise if this reply comes out funny..
I just tried a whole bunch of apps (Equ, equalizer, the Denon app, Tune shell, Audyssey and more) but keep going back to my rockboxed 5gen video.. So much better...and so I thought.....wink.gif
Edited by huckfinn - 6/28/13 at 1:23pm
post #2307 of 12896

Considering buying this , though I just got a clip+ , any comparisons for both of these ? (I know it's a different level of sources tongue.gif) Looking to pair up with my newly-wed CKS1000 smily_headphones1.gif and my ATH-M50s. Is the MSRP $200usd or lower ? 


Edited by hilosxdd - 6/28/13 at 1:23pm
post #2308 of 12896
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki14 View Post

 

imod treble roll off?  I don't think so, atleast when paired with an Arrow and JH13 (so yes it probably depends on the setup).  Treble extends to my hearing limit but not fatiguing...

 

What I read on ClieOS's impressions is that the X3 headphone out may be a bit towards bass so he did an op amp solder swap to hear more treble out of it.

 

James, that might be a great idea for the X5 or a future X3 revamp: rollable OpAmps!

 

Cheers! beerchug.gif

-HK sends


Edited by HK_sends - 6/28/13 at 8:33pm
post #2309 of 12896
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

Ok Fiio - you need to make album subcategory for artist menu. pretty please?

 


Of course +1, how do you play classical music without it ... Cowon J3 had it, but Z2 doesnt (!?) and it is just the biggest pain to suffer evrey day - Yes I do have my music properly organized at folder level but tag nav is still the best when it works well ...

post #2310 of 12896
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post

 

James, that might be a great idea for the X5 or a future X3 revamp: rollable OpAmps!Cheers!-HK sends

The E12 has a rollable edition. There is no warranty on that.

 

The X3 is kinda 'rollable'. Although the need for SMD soldering kinda defeats the word 'rollable'.

 

CLIEOS was able to solder another op amp into the X3. 

 

I solder, but I don't have the skills for SMD soldering yet.

 

I wonder if the Burr Brown OPA627 will work with the X3 rolleyes.gif because if it does work. Well let's just say that after my review is done. I'll master the art of SMD soldering

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.