or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 124

post #1846 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior4Jah View Post

Well I decided to go the colorfly c3 route with amp, the x3 is still to expensive to get as early adopter in europe. It costs 200 euro which is 260 usd and that is without shipping. That still is great value compared to other daps, but I am sure prices will go down a bit as supply will go up. For now I decided to wait more and postpone if I find the c3 good.
I have been following this x3 thread for a while and it seems an almost perfect dap. I do think it will be updated and bugfixed alot quicker then c3 and it should sound great!

Actually the c3 and x3 cannot be easily compared imho, the ui and its features are way better then on c3. The c3 has no built in amp that could match the output power from the x3. Still I am looking forwards for someone comparing x3 and c3 with amp. Then x3 with amp on LO and same amp on c3 HO. Soundquality would matter most. Gladly both daps are in the pricerange that one can have both smily_headphones1.gif.

 

tongue.gif
Why exactly did you go for the C3?
Colour me confused.

post #1847 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

 

tongue.gif
Why exactly did you go for the C3?
Colour me confused.

I guess it is too early to make a conclusion which is a better choice to go for.

 

I believe there will be more head-fiers especially who own both X3 and C3+C&CBH to do sound quality comparsion before making a solid conclusion. bigsmile_face.gif

post #1848 of 17129

Amping it with the RSA Lightning. Pretty sweet. The Lightning is small, quite a bit,, than the X3 and it is balanced. The X3 has a nice line out. Great stuff. 


Edited by jamato8 - 6/18/13 at 4:19am
post #1849 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

I guess it is too early to make a conclusion which is a better choice to go for.

Totally agree with you!
I was just wondering why he bought the C3 when he praised the X3 so much :-D
post #1850 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

 

tongue.gif
Why exactly did you go for the C3?
Colour me confused.

Ah yes, because availability is still very low for the X3 in Europe and the price compared to the C3 + BH amp is twice as high.
Sound quality of the X3 is said to be very good; but thats also the case for the C3 with suitable amp.
 

The C3 also costs 200 euro's (260usd) in Europe; but on ebay its about 80usd; the X3 is not available in Europe at the moment, the few shops I checked receive it as late as august. I could get the X3 on Ebay for about 230 usd with shipping if I wanted to buy one now.

 

So my options (with shipping): 

 

  • X3 from an european shop 260 usd
  • X3 from ebay 230 usd
  • C3 and bh amp 180 usd
  • C3 and SMSL sap4s amp 130 usd

 

I figured that I can always buy the bh amp and X3 later on :). But if I am pleased I plan to resist the urge to upgrade/sidegrade the dap. However I agree with cyberalpha11 that its indeed too early too tell what would be better (sound quality wise imho).
My main goal = best bang for buck and being able to enjoy my music to the fullest :).

post #1851 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior4Jah View Post

Ah yes, because availability is still very low for the X3 in Europe and the price compared to the C3 + BH amp is twice as high.
Sound quality of the X3 is said to be very good; but thats also the case for the C3 with suitable amp.
 

The C3 also costs 200 euro's (260usd) in Europe; but on ebay its about 80usd; the X3 is not available in Europe at the moment, the few shops I checked receive it as late as august. I could get the X3 on Ebay for about 230 usd with shipping if I wanted to buy one now.

 

So my options (with shipping): 

 

  • X3 from an european shop 260 usd
  • X3 from ebay 230 usd
  • C3 and bh amp 180 usd
  • C3 and SMSL sap4s amp 130 usd

 

I figured that I can always buy the bh amp and X3 later on :). But if I am pleased I plan to resist the urge to upgrade/sidegrade the dap. However I agree with cyberalpha11 that its indeed too early too tell what would be better (sound quality wise imho).
My main goal = best bang for buck and being able to enjoy my music to the fullest :).

 

You won't regret with the C3, i have it without the amp and it's still very impressive. Despite using a 16 ohm IEM, it drives mine flawlessly =)

post #1852 of 17129

Just a quick question. In order to connect X3 with UHA-6S.MKII(coax), what cable do I need? Coax input on leckerton looks different from coax out on X3.

post #1853 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

Amping it with the RSA Lightning. Pretty sweet. The Lightning is small, quite a bit,, than the X3 and it is balanced. The Anv 3 has a nice line out. Great stuff. 

 

Wait, what?  The Lightning is out?

post #1854 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Just a quick question. In order to connect X3 with UHA-6S.MKII(coax), what cable do I need? Coax input on leckerton looks different from coax out on X3.

3.5 on the X3, don't know about the other. Do you have an image or specifications?

post #1855 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

3.5 on the X3, don't know about the other. Do you have an image or specifications?

Leckerton has a normal coax like this: 

 

I don't want to use the adapter fiio is giving(it makes everything much less portable). Should I look for 3.5mm coaxial cables?

post #1856 of 17129
I cant tell if that is a normal digital coaxial port or a small one

It looks to be normal size

If so. You need a 3.5mm digital coaxial to digital coaxial rca

It doesnt look like there is such a thing as a digital coaxial cable with a 3.5mm head to a regular rca end. You may need to use adapter
Edited by bowei006 - 6/18/13 at 4:39am
post #1857 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I cant tell if that is a normal digital coaxial port or a small one

It looks to be normal size

If so. You need a 3.5mm digital coaxial to digital coaxial rca

It's the normal rca size. So I should get a 75ohm one, right?

post #1858 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post

You won't regret with the C3, i have it without the amp and it's still very impressive. Despite using a 16 ohm IEM, it drives mine flawlessly =)

I don't have problem to use C3 to drive IEM Shure SE215.
l like C3 very much because of big sound stage and very good separation.

I can assure you that C3 is many times better (sound quality) than any main stream MP3 players last like iPod, Sansa, Creative, Philips or Sony.
Edited by cyberalpha11 - 6/18/13 at 4:40am
post #1859 of 17129

The X3 already comes with a 3.5-to-RCA adapter so you just need an ordinary coaxial cable to connect to the Leckerton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

It's the normal rca size. So I should get a 75ohm one, right?

post #1860 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingduck View Post

The X3 already comes with a 3.5-to-RCA adapter so you just need an ordinary coaxial cable to connect to the Leckerton

Well, I didn't want to use the adapter as that kind of ruins the portability. It makes the stack hard to put in a pocket. Anyways, thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.