or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 117

post #1741 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post

The only question that i have is how does the X3 fair against the Colorfly C3...
I had a spur of a silly moment to actually make a deposit for the X3 before waiting for review comparisons... and i might get the X3 end of next week to get a better idea.
If the X3 is comparable to the HM-602, then based on general reviews, the C3 should be on par with the X3 in terms of SQ? Just that X3 is more towards a warmer signature while C3 is towards clean clarity, details..
While the X3 > C3 in other aspects such as UI, compatability, functionality... If the C3 is on equal terms with the SQ and soundstage i'll most likely sell the X3 off since i prefer a signature towards the clean, clarity and detailed type.

I also have the similar question like you.
I guess we should compare X3 with combo C3+BH Amp?
And both X3 and combo C3 + BH cost around $200.
So this is the fair comparison for sound quality against the price tag.
post #1742 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

I was interested in the C3 as well, but way too many limitations in the functionality for me to live with. Anyway, I also am hoping that the X3's SQ is on par with the C3's.

Same here....no matter how good it might sound.

post #1743 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

the battery life of X3 in LO/DIGITAL OUT mode is about 20 hours. 

 

Very nice! :)

post #1744 of 17129

Subscribed

post #1745 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

Same here....no matter how good it might sound.

By the way have you really owned it or tried it before?

I thought that the sound quality is always the paramount in head-fi comparing to other features?blink.gif

post #1746 of 17129
I'm going to possibly get my hands on an X3 unit, I will be able to give some comparisons between C3/BH many are asking about. This won't be for a while though, so hang in there.
post #1747 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I'm going to possibly get my hands on an X3 unit, I will be able to give some comparisons between C3/BH many are asking about. This won't be for a while though, so hang in there.

I'm looking forward impatiently the battle between X3 vs C3/BH! Thanks.L3000.gif

post #1748 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

By the way have you really owned it or tried it before?

I thought that the sound quality is always the paramount in head-fi comparing to other features?blink.gif

Some people here do place sound above all else, true. But I am accustomed to a certain level of usability.... there are some things about the C3 that would drive me mad if I owned it.

For one, it sorts your files by the date they were added to the player, and not alphabetically.... For another, a player that size should have a screen a little bigger than that.....it's like a Clip+ screen, for crying out loud. The folder browse-only method is also a fail for me....all my music is tagged properly, but not every file in every album is numbered 01, 02, 03. 

 

I don't doubt that it sounds good, but I just know if I had one that it would end up collecting dust or being sold.

post #1749 of 17129

Can anyone tell me how is the X3 synergy with Sennheiser Momentum? smily_headphones1.gif

post #1750 of 17129

^^ Can't say yet. But the momentum sounded very good on my clip zip so the x3 will only be better. 

post #1751 of 17129

in general, if the UX is bad, you won't enjoy having that player, and you won't enjoy the music you're playing as much as you would if the UX was good.

 

the UI is only a part of the UX, but still quite an important part, and from what i've seen, Fiio has done it right.

 

take a look at the iPods and iPhones for instance: most people are close to delirious about them, and that's just because the UX is done right. I for one enjoyed using my iPod more than the random mp3 player i had before that(and that one had 8 different backlight colours!) and with this i noticed that i took more care of what i put on it, all correctly tagged, and it didn't even have a screen(ipod shuffle)

post #1752 of 17129

I have an X3 now. Nice solid feel to it. Comes with a pleasant silicon case and a couple of screen protectors as well as some small connectors, the USB cord for charging and transferring data, a CD and I got a T shirt! 

 

Hey, XXL isn't an XXL. Maybe in China but not for people in, lets say, the US. :^) I don't take an XXL but this is more like a Large in the US. Just so you know. Music Bomb? I am not sure I would want to wear that if going to the airport for a flight. 


Edited by jamato8 - 6/15/13 at 7:09am
post #1753 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

I have an X3 now. Nice solid feel to it. Comes with a pleasant silicon case and a couple of screen protectors as well as some small connectors, the USB cord for charging and transferring data, a CD and I got a T shirt! 


Good for you!  Did you get it off ebay?  Because I'm tempted to go there but I've had bad experiences with buying from HK.  How is the sound quality compared to your other DAC?  How does it sound going straight to your jh13?   beyersmile.png 

post #1754 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

Some people here do place sound above all else, true. But I am accustomed to a certain level of usability.... there are some things about the C3 that would drive me mad if I owned it.
For one, it sorts your files by the date they were added to the player, and not alphabetically....

My Pioneer car stereo head unit does that with flash drives. It does drive me insane. LOL
post #1755 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by chengsta View PostGood for you!  Did you get it off ebay?  Because I'm tempted to go there but I've had bad experiences with buying from HK.  How is the sound quality compared to your other DAC?  How does it sound going straight to your jh13?   beyersmile.png 

It is burning in right now but sounds pretty good. I haven't compared it as there are some others burning in. I got it here in China. Haven't looked on ebay. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.