Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 113

post #1681 of 17219

I strong believe James(Fiio) is an honest & very frank person when come to technical issue.

Most probably the "gapless" feature cannot be fixed in X3 may due to hardware limitation?

If it is just firware, James (Fiio) should have solved the issue before the product release.biggrin.gif

post #1682 of 17219
There IS no gapless issue, it's there to use. I don't really know why some are ignoring the fact it works as it should. Play an album, it's on.
post #1683 of 17219

ph34r.gif

post #1684 of 17219
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj69 View Post

 

  If Sansa can implement gaplesss playback flawlessly in the $24 Clip, then it can certainly be done at any price point.

Sansa did not implement flawless gapless playback in the Clips. They are only truly gapless with Rockbox installed.

post #1685 of 17219
So happy that I gapless isn't something I care about on a portable player.

Hopefully everyone else finds a happy medium.
post #1686 of 17219

I don't know about you guys, but when I play my albums and gapless works, that's just fine. it would be good to have it on folder browsing mode, but it isn't there, yet. I know james said it can't be fixed but that doesn't really mean it won't be fixed, ever... maybe at this point in time they can do nothing about it but who knows - they might just include it in firmware upgrade next time. I know, all of this is speculation and everyone wants everything now (as it seems, it's essential feature for some), but still...

post #1687 of 17219
Don't understand why people start criticising on an product made which is not even in their hands yet.

All you need for gapless playback is to tag your files. Although I've spent half a day tagging my files (previously using iPod), I'm satisfied when I updated my library in x3 and gapless playback works perfectly.

I mean, what's the problem now? Unless you are just a lazy dude who are too lazy to tag your own files. I've been using x3 for a month now, on 1.0fw now and I would say that the UI is now quite stable and everything works fine.
SQ wise it's better than clip and imod (yes I've tried rwa imod 4 gen using fiio amp)
post #1688 of 17219
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNnxz View Post

Don't understand why people start criticising on an product made which is not even in their hands yet.

All you need for gapless playback is to tag your files. Although I've spent half a day tagging my files (previously using iPod), I'm satisfied when I updated my library in x3 and gapless playback works perfectly.

I mean, what's the problem now? Unless you are just a lazy dude who are too lazy to tag your own files. I've been using x3 for a month now, on 1.0fw now and I would say that the UI is now quite stable and everything works fine.
SQ wise it's better than clip and imod (yes I've tried rwa imod 4 gen using fiio amp)

 

I agree completely on the premise....tag your files, people!  Maybe for the uninitiated, this link would be helpful....http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

post #1689 of 17219

Wake me up when the X3 arrives in the US. This thread has devolved into "Whine whine whine, complain complain complain, gapless playback doesn't work when I don't use it properly, this product stinks even though nobody other than ClieOS has used it yet..."

 

Jeez, no wonder few companies make high-quality DAPs these days. cool.gif

 

/rant wink.gif

 

James, I think it's awesome that Fiio is developing a product like this. I will be ordering one as soon as it arrives in the US.

post #1690 of 17219

Got my Fiio X3 today. Sounds very good. Warmer than I expected.
 

post #1691 of 17219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalboy View Post

Got my Fiio X3 today. Sounds very good. Warmer than I expected.

 
Thank you for the nice update.
post #1692 of 17219

Yeah,

Thanks for the update.

I see you have an iPod Classic. Is it Rockboxed? Have you had the chance to compare the Fiio with the Classic?

post #1693 of 17219
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckfinn View Post

Yeah,

Thanks for the update.

I see you have an iPod Classic. Is it Rockboxed? Have you had the chance to compare the Fiio with the Classic?

 

The Fiio destroys the the Classic :) But its not on the same level as the DX100.

post #1694 of 17219

It sounds about as good as my Little Dot DP_1 that costs 439$. Only that the soundstage is a little bit bigger maybe on the DP_1.

post #1695 of 17219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalboy View Post

 

The Fiio destroys the the Classic :) But its not on the same level as the DX100.

Thanks Metalboy.

Is your Classic Rockboxed?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.