Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 1086

post #16276 of 16286
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglearrow View Post

Yea.. i read about those hardware buttons too. I find it more userfriendly(in my e11k) compared to software based eq in my clip. smily_headphones1.gif also, one more thing. Is $110 a fair price for a used x3gen1 ?


Sounds good, I have seen it higher. Have mine when it came out and I have used it everyday on the go thrown in back pack and works perfectly.

post #16277 of 16286

The thing is: they are MUCH more efficient than the software EQ that FiiO implemented that does nothing.

 

I keep saying: this is the best FiiO player ever.

post #16278 of 16286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulus XII View Post
 

The thing is: they are MUCH more efficient than the software EQ that FiiO implemented that does nothing.

 

I keep saying: this is the best FiiO player ever.


Og x3 is indeed a very good player. i loved it for about 2 years. but then I had the chance to buy the 2nd gen for ~ £100. (Special offer.)
And I did not want to keep more than one player, so one of them had to go.
After 2-3 days of A-B listening X3ii came out as a winner. X3 classic has a more "inverse" u shaped sound (higher and lower end tends to die out compared to X3ii), while the 2nd gen is much more linear. Og is much darker, less refined, bassier, more powerful. 2nd gen is brighter, more balanced, much more detailed and refined, more linear, more balanced sound. Overall crispier, cleaner.
 Og is more "old-school" hi-fi experience imho. It is a very good player, and will have its fans for many more years.
But the 2nd gen is a big step up. In almost every way.
 Not to forget, pairing is an important factor when you judge overall sq. Og X3 likes more analytical and brighter headphones. X3ii likes a darker, 'bassier' kind of headphone.

post #16279 of 16286

It would be good if it had hardware EQ.


Edited by Paulus XII - Yesterday at 2:33 pm
post #16280 of 16286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulus XII View Post
 

The thing is: they are MUCH more efficient than the software EQ that FiiO implemented that does nothing.

 

I keep saying: this is the best FiiO player ever.

Comparing it on flat and then putting 62hz up to +6, that is quite easy to notice that it has made a difference the the weight to the lower end bass.

 

It for sure isn't a very effective EQ and yes, the hardware bass and treble is way better.

 

I have seen several people say that they use the software EQ at times and it adds what they want do so it obviously does do something and not nothing.

post #16281 of 16286

I love the hardware and software eq.  My frustration is the custom eq setting, which I still have to switch on each time I power up the X3- turn it to another eq setting, then back to custom, and it switches back on.  Suddenly the volume goes down, and the sub-bass I like comes back.  Hoping for an official firmware which corrects this. 

 

Anyone else have this happen?

post #16282 of 16286
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryankesler View Post
 

I love the hardware and software eq.  My frustration is the custom eq setting, which I still have to switch on each time I power up the X3- turn it to another eq setting, then back to custom, and it switches back on.  Suddenly the volume goes down, and the sub-bass I like comes back.  Hoping for an official firmware which corrects this. 

 

Anyone else have this happen?



The volume does go down because it's not the hardware EQ that enhances it. With software EQ, you'll hear distortion and clipping if the volume goes over the player's threshold.

Not sure about your issue with the custom eq though, sometimes I forget to turn it off despite turning off the X3.

post #16283 of 16286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post



The volume does go down because it's not the hardware EQ that enhances it. With software EQ, you'll hear distortion and clipping if the volume goes over the player's threshold.


Not sure about your issue with the custom eq though, sometimes I forget to turn it off despite turning off the X3.
Don't know how they are doing it but in Sony Walkman players I don't hear any drop in volume level nor distortion when using the equalizer !
post #16284 of 16286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmet View Post


Don't know how they are doing it but in Sony Walkman players I don't hear any drop in volume level nor distortion when using the equalizer !

 

Of course not.

post #16285 of 16286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmet View Post


Don't know how they are doing it but in Sony Walkman players I don't hear any drop in volume level nor distortion when using the equalizer !


My Fiio X1 does not reduce output when the EQ is turned on. And being Fiio lowest output DAP, it still outputs 10x what a Sony does.


Edited by Mr.Tom - Today at 3:01 pm
post #16286 of 16286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulus XII View Post

Of course not.
Sorry didn't get you .. Of course not .. What?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.