or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 91

post #1351 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by daas786saad View Post

Hi everyone,

 

I was wondering if the ebay seller, audiothinker, is a reliable seller. He is selling the X3 on ebay and I asked him if he was an authorized dealer and he said yes. I am not so sure because I do not see audiothinker listed on Fiio's website as an authorized dealer. I did read the recent post on their site regarding adding new authorized dealers though, so I can't help but wonder. I realize this seller's link has been shared before in this thread but I have not received any confirmation that he is not an authorized dealer besides what I gleaned from the Fiio site.

 

Ebay X3 Link:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Latest-FiiO-X3-24Bit192K-Digital-Audio-portable-Player-Master-copy-class-WM8740-/111081179414?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19dcf44916

 

I am from the U.S. and always buy my Fiio products from Sonic Electronix. I have purchased the L9, E09k, E17, and E12 from them and I have had nothing but fantastic experiences. I do not want to risk ordering a counterfeit product. If audiothinker is not recommended, can anyone tell me if any U.S. authorized dealers, like Sonic Electronix, are taking preorders. If not, Any insight into which U.S. authorized dealers will receive stock of the X3 in June?

 

Thanks in advance! :)

I don't think that they are an authorised seller, but it probably isn't fake because the retail version isn't even released yet! I would just wait a while because Fiio are still working on the firmware. 

post #1352 of 17129

I placed an impulse order with Audiothinker last week after reading the X3 review here on Headfi. Communication has been good and he has confirmed that they were waiting for v1 of the firmware to be released before starting shipments.

 

I'm in the UK and will post again in this thread once I've received the X3.

post #1353 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

I don't think that they are an authorised seller, but it probably isn't fake because the retail version isn't even released yet! I would just wait a while because Fiio are still working on the firmware. 

I thought the official price for X3 is $199?

Can we order directly X3 through Fiio website?
post #1354 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post


I thought the official price for X3 is $199?

Can we order directly X3 through Fiio website?

Not yet, I don't think. 

post #1355 of 17129
FiiO isnt a retailer. They dont sell from their website. They sell some things directly through support email request though.

HS2 and HS1 received this direct sale. HS1 however is no longer sold directly from support email as it is now available worldwide.
post #1356 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by daas786saad View Post

Hi everyone,

 

I was wondering if the ebay seller, audiothinker, is a reliable seller. He is selling the X3 on ebay and I asked him if he was an authorized dealer and he said yes. I am not so sure because I do not see audiothinker listed on Fiio's website as an authorized dealer. I did read the recent post on their site regarding adding new authorized dealers though, so I can't help but wonder. I realize this seller's link has been shared before in this thread but I have not received any confirmation that he is not an authorized dealer besides what I gleaned from the Fiio site.

 

Ebay X3 Link:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Latest-FiiO-X3-24Bit192K-Digital-Audio-portable-Player-Master-copy-class-WM8740-/111081179414?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19dcf44916

 

I am from the U.S. and always buy my Fiio products from Sonic Electronix. I have purchased the L9, E09k, E17, and E12 from them and I have had nothing but fantastic experiences. I do not want to risk ordering a counterfeit product. If audiothinker is not recommended, can anyone tell me if any U.S. authorized dealers, like Sonic Electronix, are taking preorders. If not, Any insight into which U.S. authorized dealers will receive stock of the X3 in June?

 

Thanks in advance! :)

James has answered these questions in the other thread and earlier in this thread:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/663600/impression-fiio-x3-high-fi-low-price/120#post_9490218

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/fiio-x3-thread-full-review-http-www-head-fi-org-t-663600-impression-fiio-x3-high-fi-low-price/1245#post_9482677

post #1357 of 17129

There are many reliable sellers. Authorized is another thing.

 

He may be an agent for an authorized seller but didn't get stock directly, but who knows. He probably got it from China and is reselling it.

post #1358 of 17129

I hadn't thought about usb power banks...that makes 10 hours quite tolerable since you can just charge it in a backpack while you're not using it.

post #1359 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

I hadn't thought about usb power banks...that makes 10 hours quite tolerable since you can just charge it in a backpack while you're not using it.
Even I stopped griping when we were informed that it can be charged via USB battery pack & still play tunes. I'm quite satisfied with it now,...
post #1360 of 17129

Thanks a lot for all your replies everyone. I am eagerly awaiting purchasing my X3!

post #1361 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellnick View Post

I placed an impulse order with Audiothinker last week after reading the X3 review here on Headfi. Communication has been good and he has confirmed that they were waiting for v1 of the firmware to be released before starting shipments.

 

I'm in the UK and will post again in this thread once I've received the X3.

 

Ordered mine from here too! What the worst that can happen!! :)... ie. I am prepared to take the risk! :)

post #1362 of 17129

I'll wait for an authorized US retailer, but wish you guys the best of luck. 

post #1363 of 17129
There isn't much point getting it now because the firmware is still being worked on.
post #1364 of 17129
You can update the firmware with X3 , FiiO said
post #1365 of 17129

I have been on the latest FW 1.0 for a few days now and it is really stable. In fact, I haven't resetted it since FW 0.89 two weeks ago. I think most of the major bugs have been ironed out.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.