or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 90

post #1336 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOBREEDER View Post

Only 10 hours from this player? Thats not any help for me. Will skip this too!


A solid 15 hours would be nice. Maybe firmware updates will push it to that level...when I was using an ipod 5.5, I really felt tethered to power sources and always had to keep my eye on the battery meter. Me no likey.

post #1337 of 17129

There is a different Op-Amps being used in X3 (DAP) and Amp (E12) as mentioned below:

 

 
E12: Op Amps - Texas Instruments OPA1611 & LME49600
X3:Op Amps- Analog Devices AD8397
 
Any reason why Fiio did not the the OPA1611 & LME49600 in X3?
 
Sorry if this question has been asked.
post #1338 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

There is a different Op-Amps being used in X3 (DAP) and Amp (E12) as mentioned below:

 

 
E12: Op Amps - Texas Instruments OPA1611 & LME49600
X3:Op Amps- Analog Devices AD8397
 
Any reason why Fiio did not the the OPA1611 & LME49600 in X3?
 
Sorry if this question has been asked.

Power draw I believe.

 

People are already asking for more than 10-12 hours of battery life. 

 

And price. 

post #1339 of 17129

Bowei...I'm hoping to get a pm from you when the x3 hits the first US retailer. biggrin.gif

post #1340 of 17129

As long as it gets 10 hours on a single charge I'll be happy.

post #1341 of 17129

^^ +1. That will be plenty for me. 

post #1342 of 17129

You can just get a portable USB charger anyway. I have a 20000MAH one that cost me $20. Theoretically, it should charge the X3 almost 7 times. 

post #1343 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Power draw I believe.

 

People are already asking for more than 10-12 hours of battery life. 

 

And price. 

In my view, the minimum 8 hours battery life is acceptable.

If you needed longer battery life, then get power bank, it is lightweight & miniature size with high capacity.

I'm not sure if it is price matter since E12 only costs less than $130.


Edited by cyberalpha11 - 6/1/13 at 8:41pm
post #1344 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

In my view, the minimum 8 hours battery life is acceptable.

I'm not sure if it is price matter since E12 only costs less than $130.

Well what I mean is sale price

 

For example, the 'improvements' of the AK120 aren't very expensive in terms of how much it cost them. Yet the price got pushed up a lot. Op amps and the likes aren't that expensive really, but they do have a sale price.

 

Many top opamps are only $10 but are used in units sold for much more. Implementation, patents, and their own technology and development costs play a huge role in the 'sale price' as well.

 

But the biggest thing with those if I remember James saying would be power draw. 

 

8 hours is too small for some. Some are even asking for more than 10-12 hours now. So a middle ground has to be found

 

Plus, this is only the X3. The affordable every Joe's DAP.

 

The X5 is the one you want to watch for by the looks of it.

post #1345 of 17129

Another interesting question that DAP X3 ($200) has the similar combination of Op-Amps & DAC to AMP/DAC E10 ($65)

which is AD8397 + WM8740

 

Do both of them have the similar sound signature?

post #1346 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

Another interesting question that DAP X3 ($200) has the similar combination of Op-Amps & DAC to AMP/DAC E10 ($65)

which is AD8397 + WM8740

 

Do both of them have the similar sound signature?

Also used in the E17 ($150)

 

CLIEOS has mentioned it on this thread about X3 being superior to E17 slightly.

 

I didn't read his X3 review besides the E17 and X3 part to avoid bias or false inception of ideas, but it is linked in the top.


Edited by bowei006 - 6/1/13 at 8:57pm
post #1347 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Well what I mean is sale price

 

For example, the 'improvements' of the AK120 aren't very expensive in terms of how much it cost them. Yet the price got pushed up a lot. Op amps and the likes aren't that expensive really, but they do have a sale price.

 

Many top opamps are only $10 but are used in units sold for much more. Implementation, patents, and their own technology and development costs play a huge role in the 'sale price' as well.

 

But the biggest thing with those if I remember James saying would be power draw. 

 

8 hours is too small for some. Some are even asking for more than 10-12 hours now. So a middle ground has to be found

 

Plus, this is only the X3. The affordable every Joe's DAP.

 

The X5 is the one you want to watch for by the looks of it.

I believe Fiio is a "very ethical manufacturer".

As Fiio's philosophy: to offer the best products with reasonable & affordable price.biggrin.gif

post #1348 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

I believe Fiio is a "very ethical manufacturer".

As Fiio's philosophy: to offer the best products with reasonable & affordable price.biggrin.gif

Battery life would have taken a big hit. And the X5 is comming. rolleyes.gif

 

I don't think there was a need to put those in the X3. As battery life and power draw was a huge thing. The battery already uses up every availble space. 

post #1349 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

Another interesting question that DAP X3 ($200) has the similar combination of Op-Amps & DAC to AMP/DAC E10 ($65)

which is AD8397 + WM8740

 

Do both of them have the similar sound signature?

 

I don't understand why you have so many sound related questions when the product has yet to be heard by the masses... most if not everything said by anyone but ClieOS (or people have heard it via Audio Shows) is pure speculation... meaning not concrete.

post #1350 of 17129

Hi everyone,

 

I was wondering if the ebay seller, audiothinker, is a reliable seller. He is selling the X3 on ebay and I asked him if he was an authorized dealer and he said yes. I am not so sure because I do not see audiothinker listed on Fiio's website as an authorized dealer. I did read the recent post on their site regarding adding new authorized dealers though, so I can't help but wonder. I realize this seller's link has been shared before in this thread but I have not received any confirmation that he is not an authorized dealer besides what I gleaned from the Fiio site.

 

Ebay X3 Link:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Latest-FiiO-X3-24Bit192K-Digital-Audio-portable-Player-Master-copy-class-WM8740-/111081179414?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19dcf44916

 

I am from the U.S. and always buy my Fiio products from Sonic Electronix. I have purchased the L9, E09k, E17, and E12 from them and I have had nothing but fantastic experiences. I do not want to risk ordering a counterfeit product. If audiothinker is not recommended, can anyone tell me if any U.S. authorized dealers, like Sonic Electronix, are taking preorders. If not, Any insight into which U.S. authorized dealers will receive stock of the X3 in June?

 

Thanks in advance! :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.