or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 85

post #1261 of 17171
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

Miccastore, office direct and Liquiana

Thanks.

post #1262 of 17171
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

Miccastore, office direct and Liquiana


Thanks!

post #1263 of 17171

I am probably not going to get the X3 now that I am hearing that it is just an E17 + Dap. Don't want an E17. Give me a DAP with no Amp/dac with line out and I'll buy it immediately. With this however, I feel I would be spending more money when I want a better amp beyond the E17. 

post #1264 of 17171
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

I am probably not going to get the X3 now that I am hearing that it is just an E17 + Dap. Don't want an E17. Give me a DAP with no Amp/dac with line out and I'll buy it immediately. With this however, I feel I would be spending more money when I want a better amp beyond the E17. 


Thanks for sharing.

post #1265 of 17171
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post


Thanks for sharing.

you're welcome.

post #1266 of 17171
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

I am probably not going to get the X3 now that I am hearing that it is just an E17 + Dap. Don't want an E17. Give me a DAP with no Amp/dac with line out and I'll buy it immediately. With this however, I feel I would be spending more money when I want a better amp beyond the E17.
I don't think anybody is going to make a DAP without a DAC. Sorry.
post #1267 of 17171
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post


I don't think anybody is going to make a DAP without a DAC. Sorry.

This would be for those people who spend the money for an external portable DAC or for those who buy an amp/dac portable combo. The X3 allows this to be done but then there is no point in spending that much money for having the E17 component of it inside when a person will be by-passing that. X3 is a great device for someone who just wants one device that does it all. I don't fit into that category unfortunately. 


Edited by serious7 - 5/30/13 at 10:43am
post #1268 of 17171
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

This would be for those people who spend the money for an external portable DAC or for those who buy an amp/dac portable combo.

You can still connect a DAC/amp to the X3. Do you know already that the DAC/Amp section in the X3 isn't good enough for you?
post #1269 of 17171
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post

I don't think anybody is going to make a DAP without a DAC. Sorry.

Already been done. Little Dot DP2 I believe.
I don't think it did well and looked to be the same bulky size as the DP1 with dac and amp.
post #1270 of 17171
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post


Already been done. Little Dot DP2 I believe.
I don't think it did well and looked to be the same bulky size as the DP1 with dac and amp.

Then I stand corrected. Maybe then it's such a niche product that it would then be hard to succeed.

 

Serious 7 is asking for a DAP with no DAC or amplifier. DAP stands for "Digital Audio Player" By definition, a DAP needs to "play" audio files. Kind of hard if there's no DAC onboard. Just sayin. Maybe I'm wrong.

 

So he is looking for a digital source. Little dot DP 2. There you go. 

post #1271 of 17171
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post

Then I stand corrected. Maybe then it's such a niche product that it would then be hard to succeed.

 

Serious 7 is asking for a DAP with no DAC or amplifier. DAP stands for "Digital Audio Player" By definition, a DAP needs to "play" audio files. Kind of hard if there's no DAC onboard. Just sayin. Maybe I'm wrong.

 

So he is looking for a digital source. Little dot DP 2. There you go. 

Thats cool. I tried finding it but I can only find the DP_I which costs more than the Fiio X3. 

post #1272 of 17171
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

Thats cool. I tried finding it but I can only find the DP_I which costs more than the Fiio X3. 

 

I understand what you are trying to accomplish. But you said " no point in spending that much money for having the E17 component of it inside". I don't think the $200 price of the X3 is out of line for your needs. Do you expect to find something that subtracts, say, the $120 cost of the E17 from the X3 and gets you a pure digital source for $80?? Not going to happen. Ever. 

 

The X3 @ $200 is as good as a digital transport you are going to find, anywhere, at that cost. Get it and bypass the DAC/amp if that's what you want to do. I think a lot of users are going to do exactly that and be perfectly fine doing so. It's still a bargain. 

post #1273 of 17171

Where does Micca Store ship from?

post #1274 of 17171
Wanting something like X3 with no DAC or amp would be a netbook.


Micca ships from Virginia I believe
Edited by bowei006 - 5/30/13 at 11:39am
post #1275 of 17171

^^ Perfect!! I'm in GA so that will be a short trip then. f5 f5 f5...very_evil_smiley.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.