Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 797

post #11941 of 14089
Quote:
Originally Posted by prawnstar78 View Post
 

Hello all,

 

I have just purchased a Fiio X3 and have updated to the latest firmware, version 3. I am having issues with the music on the SD card with the majority of albums being in alphabetical order rather than track list order. I have used mp3tag to check the meta data and the track numbers are on the files.

 

Any suggestions as playing songs in the wrong order is really ruining my X3 experience.

 

Cheers,

Dawn

From my first post on this thread;

"I use a handy app called Bulk Rename Utility to renumber the song files with a 3 digit prefix. This is done on the card with unique numbers for every song, sequentially within each album and progressing through the directory structure in preferred album order. In this way when music is sorted by any criteria the songs stay in original order. So for instance any artist sort results in the albums remaining cohesive in the order I prefer."

So for example if you have 621 song files on the card the file names would be prefixed with 001 - 621. If I recall the app is free.
 

post #11942 of 14089
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalkman View Post


I usually solve that by inporting it to 3DSM and converting it to stl. Usually works.

Oh good. Then if some of the polygons load up floating, or connected up crazy you might be able to weld them properly. But 3ds Max is very smart and most likely will build it right.

OOH! this is exiting.

post #11943 of 14089
For renaming on Mac Im using the same tool used for editing tags.
EasyTag is the tool.
A link to the tutorial about renaming while adding the track number.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1489763
post #11944 of 14089

Why is it that after updating my X3 to firmware 3.0, that it shows 0 total songs on the 64gb disk, I cannot search by artist , category, or genre but I can download from various high res sites and I can play the music if I browse the files. Most of my music is classical and jazz.

post #11945 of 14089
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky204 View Post

Why is it that after updating my X3 to firmware 3.0, that it shows 0 total songs on the 64gb disk, I cannot search by artist , category, or genre but I can download from various high res sites and I can play the music if I browse the files. Most of my music is classical and jazz.

Update the library. wink.gif
post #11946 of 14089

I sacrificed a small plastic goat to my X3, seemed to work.  Hell of a lot more death metal on my X3 than I remembered putting on afterwards

post #11947 of 14089

Did anyone find any CHANNEL IMBALANCES in 2.1?  I did some A/Bing between 2.1 and 3.0 and found it sounded like 2 to the right on 2.1, but not on 3.0.  Am I crazy?

post #11948 of 14089
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryankesler View Post
 

Did anyone find any CHANNEL IMBALANCES in 2.1?  I did some A/Bing between 2.1 and 3.0 and found it sounded like 2 to the right on 2.1, but not on 3.0.  Am I crazy?

I don't deal with older technologies myself, but my assistant is working on it now. Off hand I'd say you are.

post #11949 of 14089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoshyant View Post

I sacrificed a small plastic goat to my X3, seemed to work.  Hell of a lot more death metal on my X3 than I remembered putting on afterwards

🐏 😈 👍🔊🔊🔊
post #11950 of 14089

I have the new FiiO Leather case and I have one small problem with it. The plastic screen cover doesn't go over exactly where the screen is. At least 2 or 3mm is cut off from the bottom of the screen which means if you view it at the angle in the photo, you cant see the bottom track in the list. However, at the other side there is the same 2 or 3mm that isn't covering the screen at all so if you view the X3 at the tame angle the other way round, you can see all of the screen fine.

 

It isn't a huge problem but it is just a pain that you cant read what is at the bottom when you have it lying on your desk.

It is hard to see but you may just be able to see that the bottom track is cut off.

 

I am wondering if it is just that this case I received is just slightly out of alignment. I think that most will fit the X3 fine.


Edited by TheGiantHogweed - 8/3/14 at 12:43am
post #11951 of 14089

I have taken another picture and the screen is much more visible this time. It is blurred though.

Normally you can see the first 7 tracks of an album but as you may be able to see, track 7 is cut off when viewed from this angle.

 

 

I would just be interested to know who else has this case and if they have any similar fit issues.


Edited by TheGiantHogweed - 8/3/14 at 12:49am
post #11952 of 14089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peti View Post
 

Just silly people, right? ;)

 

Either way, have fun with it! Also, a comparison with the clip+ regarding sonic capabilities would be welcomed. I mean only after you get to know well with your new friend, the X3.

Hi Peti and Everybody!

I love sound signature of X3! It beats the Clip+, faster, better soundstage. I love the build quality, too! But the UI is terrible! Especially after Rockboxed C+  or  J3. But I don't care about it, I can listen my ripped (24/192) LPs from 70's 80's from my pocket! Who can dream about it in 1979?   ;) 

post #11953 of 14089

I dreamt about Pettones Wave-Bot. It searched the internet for lossless audio files. Found so many I had to convert them all to MP3's to fit them on a 500GB hard drive. Haven't listened to them yet though.

 

B.T.W. My assistant contacted A Being that says we're all unbalanced so @ryankesler should not be too concerned. He wanted to know if Nuvistors are in great demand as he was hoping for an offglobe contract for his space manufacturing facility.

post #11954 of 14089
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcsa View Post

Hi Peti and Everybody!
I love sound signature of X3! It beats the Clip+, faster, better soundstage. I love the build quality, too! But the UI is terrible! Especially after Rockboxed C+  or  J3. But I don't care about it, I can listen my ripped (24/192) LPs from 70's 80's from my pocket! Who can dream about it in 1979?   wink.gif  
Yes I have to think twice before pressing a button, diagonal controls is the worst flaw in the x3

MicroEuphoneum
Nice office and assistant, mine works barefoot too, what is that interesting exotic device you have on the right side?

Btw. Thank you for the precise tracks by Terumasa
Edited by Pituky - 8/3/14 at 6:34am
post #11955 of 14089
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiantHogweed View Post
 

I have taken another picture and the screen is much more visible this time. It is blurred though.

Normally you can see the first 7 tracks of an album but as you may be able to see, track 7 is cut off when viewed from this angle.

 

 

I would just be interested to know who else has this case and if they have any similar fit issues.

Mine hasn't.

 

I can read 7 lines and the 8th line isn't readable with this angle. The screen cover is clear, nothing blurry.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.