Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 749

post #11221 of 11708
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJTech View Post
 

On the Internal Storage of the X3 (FW 3.0) I just noticed that among the full albums I now have 2 separate files, named FOUND.000 and FOUND.001. 

 

I only have complete albums that are all tagged in their named folders on the X3 (Internal memory and 64GB card) so I'm wondering what these two files are...part of the flashed firmware or something that I can delete? 

Its not a big deal, the X3 works just fine for me, only curious as to what they are. I haven't played anything off the 8GB of Internal Storage lately so I'm not sure how long they've been there, but I didn't see them a couple weeks ago (I may have simply missed them). 

 

Thanks!

I am guessing you have a windows computer that you attach your X3 to. I believe that when you attach the X3 windows sometimes (or always) reports that there may be errors with the device and asks if you want to check for errors. I assume at least twice you answered yes. (I never answer yes with mine) I believe these files are created by the disk check option and can safely be deleted. As long as you keep backups of your music files on something other than your X3 you should be safe. Anyone who ONLY keeps their music files on their portable device will end up sad. But you know this.

post #11222 of 11708
Quote:
Originally Posted by aangen View Post
 

I am guessing you have a windows computer that you attach your X3 to. I believe that when you attach the X3 windows sometimes (or always) reports that there may be errors with the device and asks if you want to check for errors. I assume at least twice you answered yes. (I never answer yes with mine) I believe these files are created by the disk check option and can safely be deleted. As long as you keep backups of your music files on something other than your X3 you should be safe. Anyone who ONLY keeps their music files on their portable device will end up sad. But you know this.

 

That makes sense as I'm sure at least once its reported errors upon plugging it in. Thank you!

post #11223 of 11708

Just bought a 128 gig card. Works perfectly, now I got a serious collection on the go!

 

About the sound that would have changed with the latest firmware.....  I have the impression, sound could be less warm by a bit, bit much faster and natural sounding, but nothing spectacular. And not all files sound the same, so it will not always be obvious, but on some of my ripped cd's to flac, it  sounds a bit more lively in the high tones. But it does not sound completely different then before, maybe bit more neutral.

post #11224 of 11708

After getting my X3 in the mail last week, haven't had a lot of time to fully play with everything on the 3.0 FW, but paired with the SE535, it's pretty damn good!

 

Though i have been noticing one thine. I sometimes get some static noises in one of my buds (mostly left) for some songs (mp3 or flac).

Anyone experience this? I noticed it statics usually during the high pitches.

 

Thanks

post #11225 of 11708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post

After getting my X3 in the mail last week, haven't had a lot of time to fully play with everything on the 3.0 FW, but paired with the SE535, it's pretty damn good!

Though i have been noticing one thine. I sometimes get some static noises in one of my buds (mostly left) for some songs (mp3 or flac).
Anyone experience this? I noticed it statics usually during the high pitches.

Thanks
congrats on your purchase .... I don't have that issue or didn't notice it .... But try the latest beta firmware and see if it still exists the 3.exfat support beta firmware
post #11226 of 11708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmet View Post


congrats on your purchase .... I don't have that issue or didn't notice it .... But try the latest beta firmware and see if it still exists the 3.exfat support beta firmware

where does one get their hands on the beta firmware?

Now i'm thinking could it be my source?

Didn't notice it on my IPC or Note 3...

post #11227 of 11708
post #11228 of 11708

Thank you sir! I will try it later and let you know if it solved the issue

post #11229 of 11708
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieke View Post

Just bought a 128 gig card. Works perfectly, now I got a serious collection on the go!

What brand 128gb mini sd card are you using?
post #11230 of 11708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisk View Post


What brand 128gb mini sd card are you using?

 

I have a Verbatim card.

post #11231 of 11708
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieke View Post
 

 

I have a Verbatim card.

Thanks for the info indieke....I was not even aware that Verbatim produce mini SD cards...I'll definitely look out for one.,,,much appreciated for the useful info.

post #11232 of 11708

I bought my X3 last week and I'm impressed. I have been collecting audio equipment for a very long time and this brings back past memories of buying my first CD player in the 80s.

I still cant get over how good it sounds from such as small package that it has radically changed my direction of what is important. 

    I have the X3 paired with a newly  bought Grado 325e and it has taken my listening enjoyment to another level.

 One of the big reasons why I bought the X3 over the others is mainly because of the support on this forum to make it even better.

post #11233 of 11708

 

Was anything else included in 3.00ex besides the exFAT support? I installed it last night for awhile, and didn't notice anything else, but I'm not normally on 3.0.

post #11234 of 11708
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallymaeHogsby View Post

Was anything else included in 3.00ex besides the exFAT support? I installed it last night for awhile, and didn't notice anything else, but I'm not normally on 3.0.
please ... We will keep all talks about this firmware in its dedicated thread as it is beta one
post #11235 of 11708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmet View Post

please ... We will keep all talks about this firmware in its dedicated thread as it is beta one

^^^ +100 ^^^
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.