Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 736

post #11026 of 17230

Is anyone having issues with tags with FW 3.0

 

When I browse by artist, I can see the album titles that are in the tags, but when I enter any given album, it displays songs by file name NOT the tag name. Also, it won't sort by disc#.

So for example, on the Beatles "White Album" I see this:

 

1 - Back in the USSR.flac

1 - Birthday.flac

2 - Dear Prudence.flac

2 - Yer Blues.flac

3 - Glass Onion.flac

4 - Mother Nature's Son.flac

 

Etc...

post #11027 of 17230
Quote:
Originally Posted by TremorChrist View Post
 

Is anyone having issues with tags with FW 3.0

 

When I browse by artist, I can see the album titles that are in the tags, but when I enter any given album, it displays songs by file name NOT the tag name. Also, it won't sort by disc#.

So for example, on the Beatles "White Album" I see this:

 

1 - Back in the USSR.flac

1 - Birthday.flac

2 - Dear Prudence.flac

2 - Yer Blues.flac

3 - Glass Onion.flac

4 - Mother Nature's Son.flac

 

Etc...


Yes, it's a known issue, the X3/X5 does not recognise the Discnumber tag - Bugzilla Bug no. 106

Several workarounds can be found if you search this thread.

post #11028 of 17230

What about the Song title tag? I see the tag displayed during playback (in the barely legible text-to-background color contrast).

But I only see file names during browsing...

post #11029 of 17230
for the person having trouble using the X3 as a DAC, I would not give up quite yet. Installing the drivers is a challenge but can be done
post #11030 of 17230

Has this isue been reported:

 

The x3 lags severely when playing wma-files!

 

It is very annoying, much of my library is in wma. Does fiio follow this thread?

post #11031 of 17230

If you're referring to me, I was directed in the correct direction.  I had no idea Fiio had a manual that detailed how to handle the installation, and given I had the same issue on 2 different computers, I assumed the issue was the X3 itself, turned out it was just a pre-set annoyance in Win8.

post #11032 of 17230

Hello,

 

I love the sound of the X 3  very much. It is musical, separation is great  and most of all transparent.  I use them with not very expensive cans, the Audio technica  ATH ES 7.  I find it rather neutral, not pushy, and fast on this. But maybe I would have more result on more expensive  headphones, but I am happy  this way.  I am sometimes attracted to buy a X 5, but then would THAT be so much better? I like the  warmer sound of the X 3, maybe the X 5 will be to analytic for my taste.

 

But I started to use the X 3 as a Dac with my computer, The computer has J River on it, and the X 3 is hooked on quality gear (Mark Levinson, B&W 8). I have to player also, an Oppo 93 and an Accuphase. I have always had a bit of trouble in my non treated room, that  it sounded too dull and warm, lacking highs.  Now with this little player with a very cheap Dac compared what I had, I have much more transparency, and the "choked" feeling is gone. Now this is good in a way, but maybe could this be because lack of bass coming out of the X 3? It for sure a bit less powerful, I have to open my amp more when using the X3.  As warm it sound thru mu headphones, it is  bit more digital sounding on the amp.

How would you all consider the quality of the Dac on a good installation. Are there  some settings of the X3 that influences the out-coming sound? 

 

I do have one real problem, a kind of clipping with rips of SACD in iso, played by Jriver on the computer. I do not have this with flac HD files, but with iso's (so non flac) it is really a problem, I have the 3.0 firmware. I hope I expressed myself well my mother language is not English. 

post #11033 of 17230
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieke View Post

Hello,

I love the sound of the X 3  very much. It is musical, separation is great  and most of all transparent.  I use them with not very expensive cans, the Audio technica  ATH ES 7.  I find it rather neutral, not pushy, and fast on this. But maybe I would have more result on more expensive  headphones, but I am happy  this way.  I am sometimes attracted to buy a X 5, but then would THAT be so much better? I like the  warmer sound of the X 3, maybe the X 5 will be to analytic for my taste.

But I started to use the X 3 as a Dac with my computer, The computer has J River on it, and the X 3 is hooked on quality gear (Mark Levinson, B&W 8). I have to player also, an Oppo 93 and an Accuphase. I have always had a bit of trouble in my non treated room, that  it sounded too dull and warm, lacking highs.  Now with this little player with a very cheap Dac compared what I had, I have much more transparency, and the "choked" feeling is gone. Now this is good in a way, but maybe could this be because lack of bass coming out of the X 3? It for sure a bit less powerful, I have to open my amp more when using the X3.  As warm it sound thru mu headphones, it is  bit more digital sounding on the amp.
How would you all consider the quality of the Dac on a good installation. Are there  some settings of the X3 that influences the out-coming sound? 

I do have one real problem, a kind of clipping with rips of SACD in iso, played by Jriver on the computer. I do not have this with flac HD files, but with iso's (so non flac) it is really a problem, I have the 3.0 firmware. I hope I expressed myself well my mother language is not English. 
Regarding your "real problem" (X3 apparently having fixed your room problems is indeed not a real problem) I suppose the clipping results from an on-the-fly conversion of DSD into PCM by jRiver. You can avoid it by properly doing this conversion beforehand so that jRiver is only confronted with flac files. I can not provide more specific guidance, so hopefully someone else can help out or else do more research on your own.
And yes I believe X3 is quite suitable for your purposes if you find it a practical solution.
post #11034 of 17230
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalsnuffy View Post

for the person having trouble using the X3 as a DAC, I would not give up quite yet. Installing the drivers is a challenge but can be done

I had my fair share of frustration installing the drivers initially.

But once I figured it out - before plugging x3 in to the computer to be installed, at x3>system setting>usb mode changed it from the default <Storage> to <DAC>,  I had successfully installed DAC drivers to all my Windows 7 based computers/laptops with no more issues.

Hope this help for the next person trying to install the DAC drivers.

post #11035 of 17230

Recently the new FiiO LC-X3 flip-case was announced but I haven't seen a date when it should be available. Does someone know?

@JamesFiiO perhaps?

post #11036 of 17230

For the clipping, in J river it is weird you mention to Pcm as DSD sould be supported...  Going to further into that..... Thanks.

 

No it not a bad thing, even being inferior on paper, it sounds better in the room, but I do lack a bit of bass, and dynamics....

post #11037 of 17230

So I have a question, I currently have my fiio x3 set as my dac, now assuming I want to use surround sound software for my headphones is there anyway to use this while the x3 is connected? I am getting basically 2 volume output sources on my pc if I pick the one with surround sound I get no sound from the x3, anyone have a solution to this?

post #11038 of 17230
You would have to see if your software supports changing its output to the X3.
post #11039 of 17230

Anyone tried Etymotic HF with Fiio X3?  

post #11040 of 17230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkovajazz View Post
 

Anyone tried Etymotic HF with Fiio X3?  

Works well for me, much better than from an iphone based on my subjective impression.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.