or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 719

post #10771 of 17129


Does anyone still get freezing when the player goes from one track to the next? I still get that at least once a day and it's mostly on tracks that I ripped from CDs. I have some music I purchased off iTunes on my player that never freeze. I think keeping the  gapless playback function off helps prevent it but I had hoped this problem would be resolved with FW3.0. anyone else have this problem? Most of my music is in m4a format.

post #10772 of 17129

No freezes here! I use flac files mostly. I did have freezes as you describe back on version 2.1 occasionally. Nothing so far on 3.0.

post #10773 of 17129
Happened a couple times today
Listening to mp3 files
Maybe a gapless playback issue
Gonna try turning it off for a while
post #10774 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce1967 View Post
 


Does anyone still get freezing when the player goes from one track to the next? I still get that at least once a day and it's mostly on tracks that I ripped from CDs. I have some music I purchased off iTunes on my player that never freeze. I think keeping the  gapless playback function off helps prevent it but I had hoped this problem would be resolved with FW3.0. anyone else have this problem? Most of my music is in m4a format.

Delete all the files on your card. Reformat via the X3 and reload. Most of the problems are dodgy files or badly formatted cards.

post #10775 of 17129


I reformatted my card last night in the X3 and put everything back on it and today at work it was freezing so I just turned off the gapless playback and it was good after that. Not the best solution but everything plays fine and live albums are ok except for the gap between songs of course.

post #10776 of 17129

I've never had freezes when playing flac files either. Strange that it freezes playing lossy files ripped from CDs and not purchased music....

post #10777 of 17129

Been freeze free since I upgraded to 3.0. Using gapless, aac, flac,alac, mp3, it all seems good. Maybe sketchy tags?

post #10778 of 17129

I have maybe had one freeze of my X3 since I have had it, can't even remember that one...  One key to my music collection is that all files have been tagged via musicbrainz Picard https://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard.  I am using a sandisk 64 gb card.

 

They are all FLAC rips from my CDs using EAC.

post #10779 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trev View Post

Been freeze free since I upgraded to 3.0. Using gapless, aac, flac,alac, mp3, it all seems good.

Me too, not a problem since 3.0.
post #10780 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trev View Post

Been freeze free since I upgraded to 3.0. Using gapless, aac, flac,alac, mp3, it all seems good. Maybe sketchy tags?
Same here, if nothing else ever gets fixed, this was the most important for me.
post #10781 of 17129

Just wondering, is it possible to get back the list-based UI in FW 3.0 somehow?

post #10782 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarn View Post

Just wondering, is it possible to get back the list-based UI in FW 3.0 somehow?
Mr Trev has an excellent theme that is list based... Can't throw you a link on mobile, but it is back a few pages or in the theme thread.
post #10783 of 17129
How can I make my own theme ? Is it the same method applied to tha previous firmwares ?
post #10784 of 17129

Yes exactly the same way. Use the firmware tools and lets go. http://www.head-fi.org/t/684793/diy-your-own-theme-for-your-lovely-x3/135

post #10785 of 17129
Sorry new to the thread and recently got an X3 is there more DIY threads for the X3 that coild exert my creative side. There are so many pages here for me to sift through them all with my mobile phone :/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.