or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 708

post #10606 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post

i'm unsubscribing from this thread, as i don't have the X3 anymore, and the current firmware is completely unfammiliar to me, so i can't help you guys anymore.

enjoy the music biggrin.gif

--CH23

Enjoy your X5! See you on that thread smily_headphones1.gif.
post #10607 of 17125
I've been running 3.0 for a few days now - I wasn't involved in any beta testing. I find the new UI a bit of a mixed bag and am not sure whether it is change for changes sake. Also I would like a quicker way of getting to the tone controls. Sound however is a different matter - this is a massive improvement for me using my ACS T1's and PSB m4u 2's. Everything is sounding smoother, more controlled and bigger in scale. There may be a slight loss in top end resolution, but the overall effect is less harsh and much more tangible/real. I'm so grateful for this unexpected gift from Fiio and they are reminiscent of Fuji who also provide updates to their old camera models - a true sign of companies that care for their customers long after the initial purchase.
Edited by phillevy - 5/30/14 at 11:38am
post #10608 of 17125

After listening to 3.0 for some time, it confirmed what I said about the veil being gone. I like the sound, but I haven't tried out 2.14 so I don't have as much to whine about. Someone else brought up the category > artist being the same as the browse files option. That needs to be fixed. I can no longer listen to all of the songs by one group/artist at once.

 

On the upside, the issue with Korean text being displayed as blocks when the language is set to English has been fixed. Whoop whoop!

post #10609 of 17125

I like the SQ of 3.0 a lot more - a LOT more - since I set bass and treble to zero.  Dopey me set treble on 10 and bass on 2 like I had on 2.1.

Only problem now is that the X3 has shut down on me about four times.  Battery is not empty.  I don't get a freeze, it just shuts off.  I can't just hold the power button to turn it back on.  So far it seems like I have to hold the power button and top left button simultaneously, wait for a click (as if updating to new firmware), let go, and then it'll power on like normal.


Edited by WAV-4-my-X3 - 5/30/14 at 12:31pm
post #10610 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillevy View Post

I've been running 3.0 for a few days now - I wasn't involved in any beta testing. I find the new UI a bit of a mixed bag and am not sure whether it is change for changes sake. Also I would like a quicker way of getting to the tone controls. Sound however is a different matter - this is a massive improvement for me using my ACS T1's and PSB m4u 2's. Everything is sounding smoother, more controlled and bigger in scale. There may be a slight loss in top end resolution, but the overall effect is less harsh and much more tangible/real. I'm so grateful for this unexpected gift from Fiio and they are reminiscent of Fuji who also provide updates to their old camera models - a true sign of companies that care for their customers long after the initial purchase.

1. Try my or Mr Trev's list mod UI for 3.0 over on the X3 theming thread

2. I filed a bug on the Fiio bugzilla asking them to bring Bass/Treble controls back to the Quick Menu you can access while in the Now Playing screen. Please join the bugzilla and vote it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAV-4-my-X3 View Post

I like the SQ of 3.0 a lot more - a LOT more - since I set bass and treble to zero.  Dopey me set treble on 10 and bass on 2 like I had on 2.1.
Only problem now is that the X3 has shut down on me about four times.  Battery is not empty.  I don't get a freeze, it just shuts off.  I can't just hold the power button to turn it back on.  So far it seems like I have to hold the power button and top left button simultaneously, wait for a click (as if updating to new firmware), let go, and then it'll power on like normal.

Try unplugging you headphones. If that doesn't work, try ejecting your mSD card and powering on. I think I've run into this and that it might be related to a known X5 bug.
post #10611 of 17125
Diggin the new firmware
Sound is much improved

Anyone know how to embed album art in existing flac files
I can do it when I rip cd but I have a bunch of older files w/no art

Couldn't find anything I'm a search

Thanks
post #10612 of 17125
Guys ...need some input ?

Sandisk Class 4 32gb and Toshiba Class 10 64gb ..anybody using this ....will it work for x3?

Damm good deal at my regular pc shop ...popcorn.gif
Edited by Wokei - 5/30/14 at 10:19pm
post #10613 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assy McGhee View Post

Diggin the new firmware
Sound is much improved

Anyone know how to embed album art in existing flac files
I can do it when I rip cd but I have a bunch of older files w/no art

Couldn't find anything I'm a search

Thanks

I use dbPoweramp for ripping and editing/tagging. Just an awesome software. Can't remember if there's a free trial, but once I saw what it can do, I gladly paid. Good luck!
post #10614 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assy McGhee View Post

Diggin the new firmware
Sound is much improved

Anyone know how to embed album art in existing flac files
I can do it when I rip cd but I have a bunch of older files w/no art

Couldn't find anything I'm a search

Thanks

 

 

Foobar:  Right click on album and voila

 


Edited by HeatFan12 - 5/30/14 at 10:38pm
post #10615 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assy McGhee View Post

Diggin the new firmware
Sound is much improved

Anyone know how to embed album art in existing flac files
I can do it when I rip cd but I have a bunch of older files w/no art

Couldn't find anything I'm a search

Thanks

dbpoweramp.

post #10616 of 17125
Thanks

Foo bar works like a charm
Runnin In VMware on the mac
post #10617 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post

Guys ...need some input ?

Sandisk Class 4 32gb and Toshiba Class 10 64gb ..anybody using this ....will it work for x3?
 

A cheap generic unspecced ebay 128GB works for me, so I would think a brand name card should be fine.:smile:

post #10618 of 17125

are those generic 128GB microsd cards legit? are other people using them too?

post #10619 of 17125
After using the 3.0 fw for a few days now I agree that it sounds great. Haven't got a single crash or freeze, great work team FiiO!


Only things I miss now is:
Playlist support

Possibility to choose to play all folders from one artist.

Not need to start over from scratch on folder browsing when the player been switched off.
post #10620 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post


Possibility to choose to play all folders from one artist.

Not need to start over from scratch on folder browsing when the player been switched off.

I was hoping to be able to play all of the artists as well as the albums from A to Z on FW 3.0 without having to go through the whole list again to find where you were every time an album ends. That is the only thing really that I hope will get sorted out with the X3 sometime. Just as a play mode option.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.