or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 695

post #10411 of 17129

Cool, but still covers doesn't work. They actually are worse IMO because they don't fit the screen well. The animation of the volume is horrible and it lags... the volume control animation was better in 2.1. In the settings part you must wait to read when changing the some of the settings (for e.g. resume mode). The background picture without cover is quite ugly (2.1 wasn't cool either) The first menu is very confusing since the x3 has buttons that match list menu better. 

 

On the good side, I really like the sound which is the most important part... although there is a bit lack of bass or probably II miss it because I am used to the sound from 2.1 :) I really like how quickly it jumps from song to song which was irritating in 2.1. :) I hope that the battery lasts longer! 

 

P.S. has anyone have changelog? 

P.S. I hope the guys who make skins and themes create nice list skin :)

 

Regards


Edited by Ananasov - 5/28/14 at 12:25am
post #10412 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananasov View Post
 

P.S. has anyone have changelog? 

 

Changelog is here: http://www.fiio.net/news/index.aspx?ID=100000163834271&page=1

post #10413 of 17129

I wish we had treble and bass options in the quick menu like in fw2.1

post #10414 of 17129

I agree

post #10415 of 17129

James you and you team deserve a round of beers :)

 

Thanks for fixing OGG too :)

post #10416 of 17129

Anyone got DSD working with Audirvana?

post #10417 of 17129

Please thank the engineers for all their hard work these past few months. They've done a wonderful job on both the X5 2.0 and the X3 3.0 software.

 

Now give them some paid time off!


Edited by jkauff - 5/28/14 at 1:32am
post #10418 of 17129
In many past posts I have been very critical of the updates and specially about the amount of months without a firmware update even when some basic functions were broken. Never with the idea of putting down the product or the company but to help and push for a better player, one I can use everyday and enjoy.

Now, as I read the changelog, FW 3.0 is probably the most dramatic update I have ever seen in any device that has been aprox a year in the market.

I bow to keep pushing for a better player, James and Joe already noted this is not the last update for the X3, that being said, kudos to Fiio. The work they have done is remarkable.

Thanks to everybody in Fiio involved in this firmware, also thanks to the users (official beta testers or not)

Edit: as I posted this message, a few others have posted similar opinions about the Fiio team. Glad to see I'm not the only one.
Edited by reihead - 5/28/14 at 1:38am
post #10419 of 17129

I think the new firmware is great, I can feel that song switching is much much faster.

However there's a bit of an issue, when the songs change, often the display (song name, etc) is stuck on the same song for about 1 second.

I'm not complaining but i'm just stating the issue here that there's a bit of a lag there.

post #10420 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitrisTS View Post
 

I wish we had treble and bass options in the quick menu like in fw2.1

Seriously? Do you eq every song differently that you have to have it in the main menu? 

post #10421 of 17129

Hi, inside the manual is this:

 

". Default Vol"
There are two options: Memory and Custom.
Memory: The volume would display as last time.
Custom: The volume would display as the set value.
Short press the “OK” button, get to the default volume settings and press “Next” or
“Previous” button to switch.
When lock on “Custom”, press vol+ to turn up and vol- to turn down; check the set value by
short pressing the “OK” button.
While the vol+ and vol- button would be out of use when lock on “Memory” ."

 

For me is the option "Custom" not available.  Available is only "Memory".

 

 

And One more question:

 

Inside the manual is this:

 

Can't display lyrics
X3 only supports external lyrics in LRC format. The name of the lyrics should with the same as
the song. Meanwhile, remember to set it as “Lyrics” in “Play Display”under “Play Settings” .

 

Under Play Settings is not “Play Display” available.

Manual is for firmware 3.0.

 

Can You help me?

post #10422 of 17129

I am trying to download the new usb dac driver and the page does not open up

post #10423 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by reihead View Post

In many past posts I have been very critical of the updates and specially about the amount of months without a firmware update even when some basic functions were broken. Never with the idea of putting down the product or the company but to help and push for a better player, one I can use everyday and enjoy.

Now, as I read the changelog, FW 3.0 is probably the most dramatic update I have ever seen in any device that has been aprox a year in the market.

I bow to keep pushing for a better player, James and Joe already noted this is not the last update for the X3, that being said, kudos to Fiio. The work they have done is remarkable.

Thanks to everybody in Fiio involved in this firmware, also thanks to the users (official beta testers or not)

Edit: as I posted this message, a few others have posted similar opinions about the Fiio team. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Well said ...me think Fiio is the only company that actually makes the effort genuinely to hear its users and do what it can to make it happen. Though time is the only factor that hinder its customer expectations in term of improving the player ie . new fw or adding new feature or improving existing functions. With the coming soon to be released X1 ( hopefully within this year and looking forward to this baby) and X7 and juggling with the other side of users of X5 ....all in all the Fiio team has done itself proud. beerchug.gif
post #10424 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodier View Post
 

Seriously? Do you eq every song differently that you have to have it in the main menu? 

Sure why not. Maybe not every song but frequently I like a little more bass/treble or less so it is nice to be easy accessible just like in fw2.1!

post #10425 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty63 View Post
 

Hi, inside the manual is this:

 

". Default Vol"
There are two options: Memory and Custom.
Memory: The volume would display as last time.
Custom: The volume would display as the set value.
Short press the “OK” button, get to the default volume settings and press “Next” or
“Previous” button to switch.
When lock on “Custom”, press vol+ to turn up and vol- to turn down; check the set value by
short pressing the “OK” button.
While the vol+ and vol- button would be out of use when lock on “Memory” ."

 

For me is the option "Custom" not available.  Available is only "Memory".

 

If you want to use the memory function for the volume on the X3 set the default volume setting to 0 and the X3 will remember the last volume setting upon restart.


Edited by razorblader - 5/28/14 at 3:03am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.