Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 70

post #1036 of 17234
The published technical spec, X3 is quite impressive like Apple iPod Classic.

But I hope X3 sounds many times better than the overpriced iPod Classic.

When X3 is available for order and where to order ?
post #1037 of 17234
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

The published technical spec, X3 is quite impressive like Apple iPod Classic.

But I hope X3 sounds many times better than the overpriced iPod Classic.

When X3 is available for order and where to order ?

 

As I known, Apple has not listed the detail specification of iPod Classic, but we did test it with AP, so how do you say X3 is impressive like IPC?

 

there are not power output, not output impedance, not THD, not crosstalk, not S/N on apple.com. so I am interesting in this.

post #1038 of 17234
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

As I known, Apple has not listed the detail specification of iPod Classic, but we did test it with AP, so how do you say X3 is impressive like IPC?

there are not power output, not output impedance, not THD, not crosstalk, not S/N on apple.com. so I am interesting in this.

Sorry James. May be my statement is a bit misleading.

However, the point I tried to make here is that I wish X3 should sound many times better than iPod Classic especially when playing Apple Lossless files.
post #1039 of 17234
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

As I known, Apple has not listed the detail specification of iPod Classic, but we did test it with AP, so how do you say X3 is impressive like IPC?

there are not power output, not output impedance, not THD, not crosstalk, not S/N on apple.com. so I am interesting in this.

Sorry James. May be my statement is a bit misleading.

However, the point I tried to make here is that I wish X3 should sound many times better than iPod Classic especially when playing Apple Lossless files.

It will !!!

Even Sansa Clip+ wich is only £20 sounds better the ipod, so X3 will be a winner.

post #1040 of 17234
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

It will !!!
Even Sansa Clip+ wich is only £20 sounds better the ipod, so X3 will be a winner.
I anticipate FiioX3 would be one of the important DAPs in 2013 that change the way how we listen to Apple Lossless files.

Just curious if X3 will sound much better than iPod+CLAS?
If yes, this must be a breakthrough for Fiio.
Edited by cyberalpha11 - 5/19/13 at 5:46am
post #1041 of 17234
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post


Sorry James. May be my statement is a bit misleading.

However, the point I tried to make here is that I wish X3 should sound many times better than iPod Classic especially when playing Apple Lossless files.

 

hard to say X3 will sound many times better than iPod Classic, everyone has own taste about sound quality. but if you are talking about the spec. , yes, X3 is better than iPod Classic, especially the output power, is 16 times vs iPC and the 

 

OI is 0.5 vs 22ohms

post #1042 of 17234
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post


I anticipate FiioX3 would be one of the important DAPs in 2013 that change the way how we listen to Apple Lossless files.

Just curious if X3 will sound much better than iPod+CLAS?
If yes, this must be a breakthrough for Fiio.

 

in audio world, none can say one is better than others in SQ, when I was young I am bass head too but now I will prefer more balance sound. 

 

that is why there are so many brands in audio market because each brand has different sound and good for some people.

post #1043 of 17234
Question to any X3 owner:
When you have a fully loaded (with 320kbps mp3) 64GB microSD/TF card in X3, how long does it take to turn on and listen to the first album?

In my experience firmware matters here: my stock Sansa Clip+ takes a very long time (>=20 sec) with stock Sansa firmware, but under Rockbox it boots up within 3 seconds.
Edited by zzffnn - 5/19/13 at 6:46am
post #1044 of 17234
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

in audio world, none can say one is better than others in SQ, when I was young I am bass head too but now I will prefer more balance sound. 

 

that is why there are so many brands in audio market because each brand has different sound and good for some people.

Do you by any chance have RMAA or Prism Sound dScope III data on the X3?

post #1045 of 17234
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post


I anticipate FiioX3 would be one of the important DAPs in 2013 that change the way how we listen to Apple Lossless files.

Just curious if X3 will sound much better than iPod+CLAS?
If yes, this must be a breakthrough for Fiio.

CLAS alone is 500-700 dollars, without interconnects or an amp or an iPod.....plus different amps could have an effect on the final sound, so I don't think you can really make a fair comparison to the X3. To those of us who have to work for a living, the X3 is a no-brainer.

post #1046 of 17234
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post

Do you by any chance have RMAA or Prism Sound dScope III data on the X3?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/663600/impression-fiio-x3-high-fi-low-price

post #1047 of 17234

You can also find the AP measurement on FiiO's X3 spec page: http://fiio.net/products/index.aspx?ID=100000045041475&MenuID=105026016

post #1048 of 17234

Wow.... Impressive....

post #1049 of 17234
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post

Do you by any chance have RMAA or Prism Sound dScope III data on the X3?

 

not, RMAA is not suitable for professional test, and AP is regarded as standard. 

post #1050 of 17234

Will the external portable amp. such as Fiio E11 or E12 further improve the sound quality (sound stage & separation) in X3 when using Line Out (LO)?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.